Sponsored by:

Been away for a while

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 08:03 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 984 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by jclax01
I am seat belt all the time now after my accident. Still a little jumpy if I THINK a car is coming into my lane.

In 1983 when I was in high school. I worked cleaning offices after hours. a few nights in the summer, I got some overtime (had to pay for college) and I fell asleep at a stop light on the way home. the cop came up behind me and hit the lights.. I got out and passed the are you drunk test. I told the cop I worked a double shift. He told me to pull off the road and catch some sleep or he could have the station call my parents to pick me up. didn't need it by then, the shock of taking the test woke me up enough to get home and get to bed.
Not to seem morbid but;
30 or so years ago, I watched a young woman whom I'd known for 15 years hit a small
pond of water in her lane on a 5 lane highway.
She shot left in front of a pick up and when it hit her car in the side, her car blew up right in front of
me. As I slammed on the brakes and slid to a stop, I could see the woman laying in the road, on fire
from the gas leaking out of her car's fuel tank.

Your incident will always be in the back of your mind; maybe help you be a better, more
conscientious rider.

It took me YEARS to get over that incident, seeing cars coming over or turning left in front of me.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:05 AM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by SWMB
Really glad to hear your hands getting better. When I originally saw your pictures that hand was what worried me the most about your riding future.
I didn't know how bad the hand really was because I saw it after the stitches. I later saw a photo of it before they closed the wound. The crash almost severed my thumb. My wife said she could see down to the bone. It also damaged one of the two main veins in the thumb. Its fine now, but there is scare tissue on the inside that I am working to get rid of. I started the bike yesterday and of course seeing if I could still squeeze the clutch after I got home from work yesterday. it was still all good lol.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:11 AM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Glad you’re ok Brother! Get well soon!

Old 12-04-2018, 12:12 PM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,230 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by jclax01
on the bike or in the vette and I would have been toast. the cabin didn't have any damage except the airbags. If I had my seatbelt on, I probably would not have been injured at all.
You will ALWAYS wear your seatbelt now.Ask me how I know