Sponsored by:

2019 CVO price

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,527 Posts
Default 2019 CVO price

Any of you guys on a 2019 CVO SG or RG and would care to share the deal you got? I went in today and looked and I may move forward with it but was wondering what kind of deal people are getting. Already feel like I'm getting hosed with the sticker price but some are marking them up and then all the other BS fees. The biggest problem I have is the "dealer premium fee" Any help or insight would be appreciated!

Old 10-19-2018, 04:05 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Most likely your going to pay msrp and freight and prep. They are limited in what and when they get them. Street Glide cvo's aren't selling well,It may be the colors. Wait until the dead of winter and search your dealers for a price. The problem is if they do a frame change in 2020 your gonna wish you waited eight or nine months. It's always your the bug or wind shield with Harley.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:28 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

What anybody else pays has no bearing on what you will pay - local economic conditions, dealer competitive landscape, dealer costs vary in different locations, and your negotiating skills will all be factors.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:40 PM
jsrracing
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

this will ease you cvo pain lol
they go for 40 to 45 here in ohio

The following 3 users liked this post by jsrracing:
Johnny Goodlife (10-20-2018), mjwebb (10-19-2018), psyshack (10-20-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 04:40 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,753 Likes on 1,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
What anybody else pays has no bearing on what you will pay - local economic conditions, dealer competitive landscape, dealer costs vary in different locations, and your negotiating skills will all be factors.
Yea, that ^^^^.

Dealerships are generally independent businesses (within whatever Moco rules they need to follow), and aren’t compelled to march price/deal offered by other dealer.

But I do understand that having competitive price/deal info could be useful in your negotiations. Best wishes to you.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:46 PM
rjacobs
Tourer
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Its a CVO...you are going to get raped...

I wouldnt pay dealer mark up, but I also wouldnt expect a discount off of MSRP on a CVO.

Unless its a BIG dealership they may only get a literal handful i.e. less than 10, CVO's in a year.

My opinion is unless you are hard sold on EVERY THING the CVO has, get a SG Special or RG Special and tweak to your hearts content. For the ~15-20k price difference you can build a bike that will be better than the CVO in every way, IMO of course. ESPECIALLY now that the 114 comes in almost every touring bike...

Old 10-19-2018, 04:51 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,381 Likes on 4,785 Posts

great points made..another thing is to leverage extras..could tell them to throw in a full ESP which is at least $3000 thru HD for a CVO, and that would sure be something I would want with one, considering it's not the type of purchase you make every couple years or so..also like mentioned, I'm of the thinking the frame and suspension is a not an if but, when update and that could be next year since they started down that road already with the Softail, probably not far off

Last edited by mjwebb; 10-19-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:04 PM
rock2r
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ian-motorcycle

This just out today-may see a bit more aggressive dealing this winter-at least in areas where there are multiple dealerships to shop at??

Old 10-19-2018, 05:07 PM
Pete_On2
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went in and told them what I wanted as a payment amount. For my loan length terms. I don't really care how they move money around, trade, marketing money, rebates, etc. it took about two weeks, but they came close to my payment. Then I told them to throw in the factory 47 bars I wanted, installed, and they said yes. The math shows that I did not pay the dealer markup. And got a little price break. On a 19 cvo RG. I did just fine. They claim
They just gave me more for my trade. But I'm the end, I don't care where they move money. It's all about the loan payment. If you have a relationship with the dealer, and spend money, they will work with you if they want to sell a bike.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:08 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

looking at both sides of the fence with having the 18, I would never buy one again with the 114 motor now in the touring line up. You don't get the tour pack ,heated grips, lowers .So in my opinion and
it's just mine. I would buy a RGS, or SGS and save your money and buy quality after market amp and speakers,lowers and tour pack. You will be thousands ahead.

Quick Reply: 2019 CVO price