Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXR Division Road Glide Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018 | 08:27 AM
abadley
Road Captain

Have any of you with these bars been on some long trips? Maybe 200 miles a day? I like the sporty position but wondering if that would get tiresome when on a trip.

Old 12-20-2018 | 09:02 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by abadley
Have any of you with these bars been on some long trips? Maybe 200 miles a day? I like the sporty position but wondering if that would get tiresome when on a trip.
How would it be more tiresome than any other handlebar? Guys are riding around in 16” apes or have their arms spread out with low slung beach bars..... I’ve changed bars 3 times now on my RG and these are my favorite so far by a mile. I did a 4 hour trip last month and I didnt feel any more tired or fatigued. Nobody that I know of rides in the same position arms locked for hours @ a time? Bars are just like seats there’s no 1 size fit all. Different arm lengths, posture, injuries, etc You just gotta try try and try till you find what works for you

The following users liked this post:
rideon (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018 | 09:25 AM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15

How would it be more tiresome than any other handlebar? Guys are riding around in 16” apes or have their arms spread out with low slung beach bars..... I’ve changed bars 3 times now on my RG and these are my favorite so far by a mile. I did a 4 hour trip last month and I didnt feel any more tired or fatigued. Nobody that I know of rides in the same position arms locked for hours @ a time? Bars are just like seats there’s no 1 size fit all. Different arm lengths, posture, injuries, etc You just gotta try try and try till you find what works for you
My only concern is with no pull back. Unfortunately the only way to find out is buy them and install them. I'm just trying to improve the wrist angle from the stock bars. So many bars out there and when you can't try them out it's hard to make a decision. Plus I overthink everything so that doesn't help!

Old 12-20-2018 | 09:34 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by abadley
My only concern is with no pull back. Unfortunately the only way to find out is buy them and install them. I'm just trying to improve the wrist angle from the stock bars. So many bars out there and when you can't try them out it's hard to make a decision. Plus I overthink everything so that doesn't help!
You don’t need pullback..... depending on the length of your arms and the seat height/position you can move the bars toward or away from you.

You really are overthinking this and basing opinions of people who have entirely different body types, seats, controls, etc

Unless there is a twin of you on this forum that has the same exact bike as you down to the tire psi you aren’t gonna get a guarantee on whether or not these bars will work for you.

Old 12-20-2018 | 09:49 AM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15

You don’t need pullback..... depending on the length of your arms and the seat height/position you can move the bars toward or away from you.

You really are overthinking this and basing opinions of people who have entirely different body types, seats, controls, etc

Unless there is a twin of you on this forum that has the same exact bike as you down to the tire psi you aren’t gonna get a guarantee on whether or not these bars will work for you.
Appreciate your feedback. Only one way to find out if I'll like them or not.

Old 12-20-2018 | 11:41 PM
rideon
Road Warrior

Just remember, the taller the bars the closer they will be if you follow the line of the forks.Im 6’1 with monkey arms and I have a pretty relaxed arm position with the stock seat. 14” bars in-line with forks.

The following users liked this post:
abadley (12-21-2018)
Old 12-29-2018 | 12:03 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

I'm wondering if there are any issues with cutting the pins on the perch clamps and base mount.
Especially if I decide to go back to stock bars or go with a different set. No chance of the clamps or handlebars moving?

Old 12-29-2018 | 12:11 AM
Kyle Moore
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Road Star
I'm wondering if there are any issues with cutting the pins on the perch clamps and base mount.
Especially if I decide to go back to stock bars or go with a different set. No chance of the clamps or handlebars moving?
i haven’t had any issues with mine, I wish they would of just put the holes for the Pin in there though. The pin on the bottom clamp is just for assembly at the factory I believe, so the installers install the stock bars in the right position.

Old 12-29-2018 | 12:10 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

How do you remove this switch cap on the left side?

Old 12-29-2018 | 12:27 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Ok. I got it.

now, what is the easiest way to remove the left grip?

Quick Reply: FXR Division Road Glide Bars