Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXR Division Road Glide Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018 | 07:19 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Sweet looking rides! Love the new CVOs!! Anyone have pics with you holding the bike up and arms on the bars or could take one? I'm curios on the reach and if your leaning forward. I'm 5'9" and leaning towards the 12" bars. But I do like to be able to relax on long cruises and do not want to be leaning forward. A little worried about not having any pullback to these bars.

Old 12-11-2018 | 07:28 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Originally Posted by abadley
Sweet looking rides! Love the new CVOs!! Anyone have pics with you holding the bike up and arms on the bars or could take one? I'm curios on the reach and if your leaning forward. I'm 5'9" and leaning towards the 12" bars. But I do like to be able to relax on long cruises and do not want to be leaning forward. A little worried about not having any pullback to these bars.
If you have time, I should receive the 12" bars on Friday so Saturday I could try to get a comparison for you with both the 10" and 12". Maybe Sunday at the latest.

Old 12-11-2018 | 07:49 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by coopmonte
If you have time, I should receive the 12" bars on Friday so Saturday I could try to get a comparison for you with both the 10" and 12". Maybe Sunday at the latest.
That would be awesome! Thank you!

Old 12-11-2018 | 07:53 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Thank you, I'm really enjoying the bike. Here are a few different pics I have from the angle your asking, they are very comfortable and make the bike more responsive. They look tall because there isn't any pullback, when sitting on the bike I can see the gauges over the bars.

And for reference, here is a pic with the 10" Factory 47 Signature bars (also a great quality set of bars).

Why did you switch from your F47 bars to the FXR bars? I'm very interested in the F47 bars as well as the FXR and would love to hear your input on both sets of bars

Last edited by abadley; 12-11-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-12-2018 | 12:19 AM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Why did you switch from your F47 bars to the FXR bars? I'm very interested in the F47 bars as well as the FXR and would love to hear your input on both sets of bars
I switched because of the bar width, the Factory47 bars are great and great craftsmanship but they are wide. With 5 shoulder surgeries in the last two years on my left shoulder the wide grip would cause problems with a few of the plates still in there, on long rides. So when I saw the FXR with a narrower grip span I jumped on them, great bars and craftsmanship as well. So long story short I wanted to try the narrow bars to see if it would help, I still have the Factory47's in case it does not work out, but I think they will be going away soon.

As far as dealing with either company both seem friendly and answer questions on their product. I have only contacted FRX Division lately and they are great to talk with, even asked me to call and discuss returning the 10" bars, to me that is great service. But as of now I'm offering them to someone else at a good deal.

Last edited by coopmonte; 12-12-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-12-2018 | 08:21 AM
abadley
Road Captain

I switched because of the bar width, the Factory47 bars are great and great craftsmanship but they are wide. With 5 shoulder surgeries in the last two years on my left shoulder the wide grip would cause problems with a few of the plates still in there, on long rides. So when I saw the FXR with a narrower grip span I jumped on them, great bars and craftsmanship as well. So long story short I wanted to try the narrow bars to see if it would help, I still have the Factory47's in case it does not work out, but I think they will be going away soon.

As far as dealing with either company both seem friendly and answer questions on their product. I have only contacted FRX Division lately and they are great to talk with, even asked me to call and discuss returning the 10" bars, to me that is great service. But as of now I'm offering them to someone else at a good deal.
Yeah that's the biggest complaint I hear about the Factory47 bars is the width. Do you recall the width from the tip of the grips?

Old 12-12-2018 | 08:48 AM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CVOMAKO
I'm 5'8 and the 12" bars are perfect. My arms are straight, maybe slightly angled. I spoke to Chris at FXR, and he highly advises 12" or higher. All personal preference.
When you say "my arms are straight, maybe slightly angled" are you referring to the elbows being slightly angled? Wish I could try these bars out before purchasing!

Old 12-12-2018 | 02:09 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Yeah that's the biggest complaint I hear about the Factory47 bars is the width. Do you recall the width from the tip of the grips?
The width was 37.5" wide on the Factory47 bars.

When you say "my arms are straight, maybe slightly angled" are you referring to the elbows being slightly angled? Wish I could try these bars out before purchasing!
When I'm talking straight vs slightly angle I'm referring to hand level to shoulder level comparison, my arms are slightly bent for the 10" bars and will see on the 12" bars. So that is level of hands to level of shoulders.

Old 12-12-2018 | 06:53 PM
abadley
Road Captain

The width was 37.5" wide on the Factory47 bars.

When I'm talking straight vs slightly angle I'm referring to hand level to shoulder level comparison, my arms are slightly bent for the 10" bars and will see on the 12" bars. So that is level of hands to level of shoulders.
I gotcha... I thought you were referring to the reach to the bars whether your arms were stretched straight or at a slight bend. I'll be curios where you come in at with the 12" bars. I'm on the fence between the two. I sit on my bike and try to pretend my hands are level with my shoulders and slightly below. Hard to get a feel for comfort when your arms are extended in the air not holding on to anything. If it's not too much to ask please post some pics with you holding on to the 10" bars and the 12" bars. It would be nice to see the angle in the arms between the two.

Old 12-16-2018 | 02:37 PM
fairlydangerous1
Cruiser

Ever get your bars on? I'm still waiting for them to ship out, figured the holidays would delay it a bit.
I just got the bars on. 6 weeks into rotator cuff surgery slowed me down. Love the bars. Still had to take off the electrical connectors to get the right side wires through. Still barely can ride because of shoulder so until I can ride hard will have to wait on review. They feel like the perfect height for what I was looking for. Have had 14's and 16's before and I dig these the best so far. I'm 5'10" with longer arms. I have a Mustang seat that moves me forward so works great with these bars.

Quick Reply: FXR Division Road Glide Bars