Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXR Division Road Glide Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018 | 04:20 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CVOMAKO
I just installed them yesterday. 33.5 inches from end to end.
Looks great and thanks for the measurement. Looking at the pics, I would suggest adjusting the throttle side grip up a few klicks to match the other side. The bar and shield make grips a little more tricky.

Old 12-04-2018 | 04:25 PM
CVOMAKO
Advanced

haha thanks for noticing that. I adjusted them last night after I saw the picture

Old 12-04-2018 | 04:33 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Got my bars completed yesterday as well, 10" FXR Div Bars, went for a 2 hour ride today in 36 degree weather and the bars are great. The bike feels and reminds me of my old Night Train (never should have gotten rid of that one) just less wind. Added heated grips and was able to ride the whole time with mid-weight gloves. I like how it turned out, way more comfortable on my shoulder than the wide grip of the signature bars.

Last edited by coopmonte; 12-04-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-04-2018 | 07:06 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by coopmonte
Got my bars completed yesterday as well, 10" FXR Div Bars, went for a 2 hour ride today in 36 degree weather and the bars are great. The bike feels and reminds me of my old Night Train (never should have gotten rid of that one) just less wind. Added heated grips and was able to ride the whole time with mid-weight gloves. I like how it turned out, way more comfortable on my shoulder than the wide grip of the signature bars.

Those are 10-inch? From that angle they look taller.

Can we get a pic from the rear at a few different angles?

Nice bike, BTW!

Old 12-04-2018 | 07:59 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Road Star
Those are 10-inch? From that angle they look taller.

Can we get a pic from the rear at a few different angles?

Nice bike, BTW!
Thank you, I'm really enjoying the bike. Here are a few different pics I have from the angle your asking, they are very comfortable and make the bike more responsive. They look tall because there isn't any pullback, when sitting on the bike I can see the gauges over the bars.

And for reference, here is a pic with the 10" Factory 47 Signature bars (also a great quality set of bars).

Last edited by coopmonte; 12-04-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2018 | 09:02 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Thank you, I'm really enjoying the bike. Here are a few different pics I have from the angle your asking, they are very comfortable and make the bike more responsive. They look tall because there isn't any pullback, when sitting on the bike I can see the gauges over the bars.

And for reference, here is a pic with the 10" Factory 47 Signature bars (also a great quality set of bars).

Thanks for the pic. I don't think there's any reason to go 12", at least for me, I'm only 5'7". Hopefully, I can still see over the bars.

Old 12-05-2018 | 05:52 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Road Star
Thanks for the pic. I don't think there's any reason to go 12", at least for me, I'm only 5'7". Hopefully, I can still see over the bars.
It depends on what you want, I'm 5'10" and the bars are about 3-4 inches below my shoulder, which for me is good due to bad shoulders. But I could have gone 12" and been about an inch or two below, which would not have been good for my shoulder. You also have to take into consideration your seat and reach, 12" would have also moved the bars a little closer to me. I see you're running the stock seat so that would put you about an inch taller/closer than my seat. With that in mind at 5'7" the 10" bars would be a few inches under shoulder height, 12" would be about shoulder level for you or slightly under. If you want almost shoulder height go 12" if you want your bars an inch or two under go 10", the 10" would be an inch more reach as well.

Hope this long winded explanation helps.

Old 12-05-2018 | 06:37 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

It depends on what you want, I'm 5'10" and the bars are about 3-4 inches below my shoulder, which for me is good due to bad shoulders. But I could have gone 12" and been about an inch or two below, which would not have been good for my shoulder. You also have to take into consideration your seat and reach, 12" would have also moved the bars a little closer to me. I see you're running the stock seat so that would put you about an inch taller/closer than my seat. With that in mind at 5'7" the 10" bars would be a few inches under shoulder height, 12" would be about shoulder level for you or slightly under. If you want almost shoulder height go 12" if you want your bars an inch or two under go 10", the 10" would be an inch more reach as well.

Hope this long winded explanation helps.
It does! Thank you!

Old 12-11-2018 | 03:38 PM
CVOMAKO
Advanced

I'm 5'8 and the 12" bars are perfect. My arms are straight, maybe slightly angled. I spoke to Chris at FXR, and he highly advises 12" or higher. All personal preference.

Old 12-11-2018 | 06:35 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

After riding a while with the 10" bars, about 200 miles, I will have to say they are very comfortable. The bike feels more nimble and the closer grip is awesome. That being said, I also rode a buddy's bike that had 12" bars, with the narrower grip it actually did not bother my shoulders, but I only rode for an hour or so. At 5'10" I found my arms were straight forward with the 12" bars, 14" would have put my hands level with the top of my shoulders and arms would be at a slight angle up, and the 10" bars I'm running now have my arms at a slight angle down. Now that I have tried both I will be switching to 12" bars to keep my arms level since I now know the height will not bother my shoulders. Interesting how moving the hands a few inches closer, losing the wide grip, makes it so comfortable. Honestly at my height I should have just gone with the 12" bars.

Quick Reply: FXR Division Road Glide Bars