Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander V, Possibly Warranty-Safe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 06:19 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 512 Likes on 334 Posts

Personally I would not run a PC V if it were free. Its a step in the wrong direction. It was and is fine for bikes without O2 sensors. But that was over a decade ago.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:18 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

Might not is all i need to read wouldn’t touch it with a 10 ft pole

Old 02-09-2019, 10:28 AM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

I downloaded the pcv instructions for 17-18 touring models and it said nothing about the o2 sensors unless you are using the add-on tuner(auto tune).

​​​

Old 02-09-2019, 11:08 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

There is no 114 map available for the PCV

Old 02-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,009 Likes on 714 Posts

Every aftermarket tuner makes a "footprint" that if looked for will be found.There is one out there that is so close to the SE tuner it is very hard to see though.
Peace.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:20 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,455 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Cold Forged
Thanks,
But at present I am actually quite happy with just Slip-Ons and the stock tune on my 2018 RK. It's just that I have never had a bike before that didn't respond favorably to a fuel manager of some sort, which in my present case, would only make a good bike better. Tuners like the Power Vision just seem so much more attractive than the SEPST when you compare features, ease of use and overall price.
Thanks to the input from this forum it looks like there won't be a high-performance tuner (read: Non Harley Sanctioned/Non-EPA) on my bike until the factory warranty expires...
I have read this same comment several times before. My question is...are you going to go WITHOUT an extended warranty after the factory 2 yr warranty is over? If so, why wait to the FACTORY warranty runs out if you are going "naked" anyway? And I'm not being critical, I'm just curious about the "why" of this philosophy.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:48 AM
Cold Forged
Cruiser
Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5
I have read this same comment several times before. My question is...are you going to go WITHOUT an extended warranty after the factory 2 yr warranty is over? If so, why wait to the FACTORY warranty runs out if you are going "naked" anyway? And I'm not being critical, I'm just curious about the "why" of this philosophy.
I've answered this before in another similar thread, to you specifically I believe, so I'm not sure why you are resurrecting this post. I actually do have an extended Harley sponsored warranty reaching out to 5 years. I might just bite the bullet in the Spring and complete Stage 1 with an Air Cleaner and SEPST. This may be adequate for the balance of the warranty coverage...if not, I'll get the Power Vision at the end of the 5 years.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:28 AM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,474 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Here's a different perspective. The Harley factory warranty is court-mandated that it must be voided if you use an aftermarket tuner. Extended warranty companies are under no such obligation. I have a 4-year extended warranty that kicks in after my 2-year factory warranty, for a total of six years. I am keeping my factory warranty intact. After the factory warranty has expired, I am free to use an aftermarket tuner if I so choose, and the extended warranty will still be valid. So nobody "has" to go naked at all.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:37 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Again, as several knowledgeable folks above have repeated, the Extended Service Plan's relationship to your Factory Warranty must be understood. I'm only discussing the "dealership sold" ESP, not aftermarket ESPs.

I personally called the ESP company and verified the following important points:

1. The powertrain portion of your factory 24 month warranty is voided if you use any tuner module other than the Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner.
2. If the powertrain portion of your 24 month factory warranty is voided, and the ESP company finds out about it, then the powertrain portion of your ESP is also voided.
3. If you wait until your 24 month factory warranty has expired, and then use a forbidden tuner module, you're fine. Your warranty cannot be voided, because it has already expired.
4. If your factory warranty is already expired, and you do forbidden motor work, that does NOT affect your ESP, unless the work you did causes damage, and then the ESP claim for the damage you caused will be denied.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:13 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 778 Likes on 501 Posts

My thinking on this was leave my 17 RK stock until the factory warranty expired. By then you'd be fairly confident your bike wasn't a lemon then do whatever Stage upgrade you wanted with whatever after market parts you so desire. Thats the way I went and am very confident in this bike likely giving me many trouble free miles.

The following users liked this post:
X4Highball (07-08-2019)

Quick Reply: Power Commander V, Possibly Warranty-Safe?