Sponsored by:

SE Heavy Breather feedback wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018 | 11:01 AM
mjwebb
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fullbore55
The HF has a screaming eagle stick on panel that covers the Allen bolt holding the housing on. Does that panel stick on well enough after its pried off, without adding glue or other adhesive?
yes it does but you can't just press it straight on or it won't..you have to place it a little back or forward of where it would normally be and press it horizontally either way for it to adhere properly

The following users liked this post:
Fullbore55 (08-09-2018)
Old 08-10-2018 | 03:14 PM
outgood
Tourer

I have the SE Heavy Breather Elite on my 2018 Road King Special.
No oil In the throttle body or elbow at all. I figured maybe due to the new breathers in the top end.
I've been riding on an auto tune on my PVII.

Installing my 117" now, and heading to Doc's for a dyno tune and will see if any issues then.
I had a SE Heavy Breather on my 13 Breakout. It had that stupid a$$ cover over the element.
I got to thinking when I looked at it, that pos is covering 50% of the filter element. What's the point.
I retuned it after removing the cover and what a difference,

Old 08-10-2018 | 04:27 PM
2018 lowrider M8
Tourer

Originally Posted by ole_phart
I got an HB installed on my Low Rider last Friday. It's all sealed, I don't see how blow by could escape to the outside. 'Course that means its going into the motor but that's another subject. Having mid controls, I don't have a problem with it getting in the way of the peg or brake pedal.
Hey Old Fart how are you finding your low rider and did you notice the gains by adding the heavy breather dude.I am thinking very hard about this option cheers Mate

Old 08-10-2018 | 04:37 PM
martin10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mjwebb
not for me..wiping and cleaning up has been annoying me for over a decade..maybe if I didn't care about warranty and wanted to keep a bike until the wheels fall off I would consider the catch can solution
MJ. Maybe a solution for you. Drill some holes in the backing plate and vent to atmosphere. Carry with you the factory hoses, the allen wrenches and a couple of plugs. You can swap the whole deal out in 15 minutes tops. Now they might notice the plugs in the holes in the backing plate. But my guess is they won't bother. Hell, carrying a spare backing plate woudn't be that big of a deal. Beats the alternative imo. Once the weather got hot my M8 started puking some oil too. There is just no way around it.

Old 08-10-2018 | 05:27 PM
mjwebb
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by martin10
MJ. Maybe a solution for you. Drill some holes in the backing plate and vent to atmosphere. Carry with you the factory hoses, the allen wrenches and a couple of plugs. You can swap the whole deal out in 15 minutes tops. Now they might notice the plugs in the holes in the backing plate. But my guess is they won't bother. Hell, carrying a spare backing plate woudn't be that big of a deal. Beats the alternative imo. Once the weather got hot my M8 started puking some oil too. There is just no way around it.
thanks but I'm good, as mentioned, since I made this post I found out they have replacement tubes to resolve the problem so that's what I ordered..and to be honest, I wouldn't go through all that hassle, being under ESP and such, fussing with it..I would have just ponied up for the SE HB if reports were unanimous that it's not a puker

Old 08-10-2018 | 06:51 PM
ole_phart
Road Master
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by 2018 lowrider M8
Hey Old Fart how are you finding your low rider and did you notice the gains by adding the heavy breather dude.I am thinking very hard about this option cheers Mate
Hey down (or over) there in Australia. Loving the Low Rider and not having any major problems with it. I can see a slightly better pull (as if the M8 really needed it) but nothing earth shattering. The bike already had RC Exhaust slip ons on it when I bought it. Heavy Breather added and Stage 1 download with the SEPST last week. I just like the aggressive looks of it and the fact that it helps with the breather oil blow by. But from the sounds of it that years old issue may have finally been fixed with longer hoses. I had some decel popping when downshifting but the Stage 1 download pretty much cleared that up. I think I mentioned in a different thread, absolutely no interference with the brake pedal. That might be a different story if the bike had forward controls but with the mids not an issue. Oh, others mentioned it being noisy. I can hear it when first coming off of idle but beyond that I don't notice it. 'Course at my age my ears are about shot anyway.

The following users liked this post:
2018 lowrider M8 (09-30-2018)
Old 08-12-2018 | 10:01 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member

• Based on recent thread “Bent Exhaust Valve” I installed home-spun catch can inside my SE HF AC. This new AC has significantly less room inside than my prior OEM AC housing with the KN filter. Had to resort to much thinner catch can than expected, less volume than what I previously used. But more frequent can dumping is a price I’ll pay to keep oil snot out of combustion chamber and slow down carbon build up on the pistons.