ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 354 Likes on 245 Posts

That’s some good material right there

Old 08-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

The S&S cam plate and oil pump look badass, as usual S&S knocks it out of the park with most everything they touch. I don't really see what the argument is here, man buys some quality parts for his sled and then he get's **** for it on a Harley forum no less.

You go to the dealer and you buy an HD, it's a blank slate worthy of only one thing, swapping out their Chinese/Japanese/India BS for a quality machined parts. The suspension on these bikes are an embarrassment, the bearings are junk, the paint is **** and the electronics / NAV systems are on par with flip phone technology. It's been this way for decades, this is nothing new so why even criticize? Never owned a bike without an SS carb, neither did most anyone who ever rode a shovel or an evo. I did have an SU carb on a shovel for about a year then I ripped it off or maybe I kicked it off (I forget that night altogether now) but this is how it's been and how it will remain.

Every design idea HD ever got since the Pan wasn't some brilliant brainstorm, it was a copy from someone who swapped out parts and modified the bikes to look cool. HD simply took that idea, made a similar platform and put their stamp on it. I give credit where credit is due. They've managed to come out with good motors and frame designs but they all needed tweaking.

As for Heatwave - You got 2ea. CVO's ($40k+?) you're on your 3rd motor for a "stage 4" then you always come in talk about " voiding the warranty". Let me tell you something, you got lucky pal, you know it, so does everyone else here. "Both my CVO's are inexpensive compared to my boat" What in the trailer trash, satellite dish hookup, flip phone using, no toilet paper so I had to use my hand, 5 teeth missing, chew dip packing, tin can tweaker searching, cat food eating, dog food chompin, yee yee yelling kind of **** is that?
Trust me, your money has gone to your head, get over yourself.

OS

Last edited by Oldskewl; 08-03-2018 at 01:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bumpandrun (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
The S&S Camplate and Oil Pump look badass, as usual, S&S knocks it out of the park with most everything they touch. I don't really see what the argument is here, man buys some quality parts for his sled and then he get's **** for it on a Harley forum no less.

You go to the dealer and you buy an HD, it's a blank slate worthy of only one thing, swapping out their Chinese/Japanese/India BS for a quality machined parts. The suspension on these bikes are an embarrassment, the bearings are junk, the paint is **** and the electronics / NAV systems are on par with flip phone technology. It's been this way for decades, this is nothing new so why even criticize? Never owned a bike without an SS carb, neither did most anyone who ever rode a shovel or an evo. I did have an SU carb on a shovel for about a year then I ripped it off or maybe I kicked it off (I forget that night altogether now) but this is how it's been and how it will remain.

Every design idea HD ever got since the Pan wasn't some brilliant brainstorm, it was a copy from someone who swapped out parts and modified the bikes to look cool. HD simply took that idea, made a similar platform and put their stamp on it. I give credit where credit is due. They've managed to come out with good motors and frame designs but they all needed tweaking.

As for Heatwave - You got 2ea. CVO's ($40k+?) you're on your 3rd motor for a "stage 4" then you always come in talk about " voiding the warranty". Let me tell you something, you got lucky pal, you know it, so does everyone else here. "Both my CVO's are inexpensive compared to my boat" What in the trailer trash, satellite dish hookup, flip phone using, no toilet paper so I had to use my hand, 5 teeth missing, chew dip packing, tin can tweaker searching, cat food eating, dog food chompin, yee yee yelling kind of **** is that?
Trust me, your money has gone to your F*** head. I'm out.

OS
Lol, actually it was 4 motors, not 3. And the remark about the boat was in reply to a clown suggesting that only wealthy people should own a Harley, which is utter BS. I found his elitest remark offensive since I believe Harley’s should be available and ridden by anyone without regard to how much money they have or make, if that’s how they want to spend their money. Read the post pal instead of taking it out of context for a personal attack.

Yeah I own 2 CVOs ...big deal. One is 8 yrs old and the other one is a 2017. In the group I ride with I have the least # of bikes. Get over it. Maybe that’s a crime in your neighbirhood but not in mine. And if HD launches a 2019 CVO RGU in a paint and color I like in a couple weeks, I’ll be buying it. So what? You gonna send the Envy police after me? Damn fool.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

Dear, Heatwave.
If you can't see through your own statement I dunno what to tell you. I got brothers that live on $1,000 a mo, that's all they get from SS. You're blessed on so many levels and you don't even know it. The OP asked those wanting to chime in with voided warranty comments to not bother posting, he doesn't care about it. but you couldn't help yourself. I got it, you think the dealer and the moco are the best ever, you got lucky, others don't get the same treatment as someone who drops $100k in the store within a couple years. Envious? of you? please.
You did get one part right, I'm a damn fool, a blessed one.

Your pal,
Oldskewl.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Tharber
Tourer
Received 213 Likes on 105 Posts

OP thanks for this post. Sorry so many are jumping you, I am like you, screw MOCO repairs. If I can keep my ride on the road for $620, that's cheap. No MOCO bandaide repairs and nothing else trashed in the process.

TH

The following users liked this post:
Bumpandrun (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Dear, Heatwave.
If you can't see through your own statement I dunno what to tell you. I got brothers that live on $1,000 a mo, that's all they get from SS. You're blessed on so many levels and you don't even know it. The OP asked those wanting to chime in with voided warranty comments to not bother posting, he doesn't care about it. but you couldn't help yourself. I got it, you think the dealer and the moco are the best ever, you got lucky, others don't get the same treatment as someone who drops $100k in the store within a couple years. Envious? of you? please.
You did get one part right, I'm a damn fool, a blessed one.

Your pal,
Oldskewl.
My friend you are quite misguided and making far too many assumptions. I NEVER REFERENCED WARRANTIES because it wasn’t relevant to the discussion UNTIL someone raised the subject of whether the MoCo would pay to have an aftermarket engine component installed in their bike. I answered the question ...get over it.

You know nothing about me. Not the hardships or the successes of which there are many on both sides of the ledger. Hardships that would have broken most people and successes that were the result of decades of hard work starting with absolutely not a nickel to my name. So get over yourself and what you think is your abiliy to measure other people. You’re clueless.

Stick to the subjects at hand and leave the personal attacks to some other forum. They have no place here.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave

My friend you are quite misguided and making far too many assumptions. I NEVER REFERENCED WARRANTIES because it wasn’t relevant to the discussion UNTIL someone raised the subject of whether the MoCo would pay to have an aftermarket engine component installed in their bike. I answered the question ...get over it.

You know nothing about me. Not the hardships or the successes of which there are many on both sides of the ledger. Hardships that would have broken most people and successes that were the result of decades of hard work starting with absolutely not a nickel to my name. So get over yourself and what you think is your abiliy to measure other people. You’re clueless.

Stick to the subjects at hand and leave the personal attacks to some other forum. They have no place here.
I never have understood why some be-grudge someone for doing good for them self's, I'm happy for you and it doesn't really matter how many HD's you have. Concern's me however that my friends 2017 trike has sumping issue's though, he was having trouble keeping up but we didn't realize he was having sumping issue's until they put it on the dyno yesterday. Now he will await on HD to get one of there fix-all oil pumps in which is a 2 week wait I think.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:48 PM
STRADALE
Cruiser
Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave

“One month to the day after his infamous ‘you didn’t build that’ speech, President Obama’s description of wealthy people did not include “smart” or “hardworking,” as he instead ascribed their success to good luck.

“If you’re lucky enough, and fortunate enough, and been blessed enough to be in the other two percent, the top two percent”

Sorry couldn’t resist going OT, it came back like a bad 8 year long deja vu.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:53 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
I never have understood why some be-grudge someone for doing good for them self's, I'm happy for you and it doesn't really matter how many HD's you have. Concern's me however that my friends 2017 trike has sumping issue's though, he was having trouble keeping up but we didn't realize he was having sumping issue's until they put it on the dyno yesterday. Now he will await on HD to get one of there fix-all oil pumps in which is a 2 week wait I think.
Unfortunately I don’t have alot of confidence that the new oil pump your friend is waiting for will fix the issue. I assume they inspected the engine and there was no damage, if they are replacing the oil pump. It almost seems like the MoCo has a triage process for a sumped engine that everyone must go through.

Step 1 - inspect engine
Step 2 - if not damaged upgrade oil pump to latest version
Step 3 - if it sumps again, without causing damage, then replace cylinders and pistons with lab-matched cylinders/pistons
Step 4 - if it still sumps and no damage, you get a new latest 2019 replacement factory engine
Step 5 - factory warranty expires

If the engine was damaged at Step 1 (or any other stepj then jump directly to new 2019 engine. Unfortunately a damaged M8 engine is the only way to jump through the service triage steps directly to the real fix.

Last edited by Heatwave; 08-03-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Wth. Sumpin wrong