Sponsored by:

Wth. Sumpin wrong

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 06:33 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 567 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
Well another couple thousand miles on the S&S 3 rotor oil pump and camplate. Valve train noise is much quieter. Next time I stop it will be time for another oil change I'll cut filter open and do a check for blue color.....NOT...LMFAO.Stopped in and talked to a pretty good builder that uses S&S stuff pretty much exclusively in NY. The BS with anodizing flaking off a young pup here said he heard about ? He told me pure BS ....said builder that started the rumor years ago uses fueling . He did show me several mis installed screaming eagle and fueling pumps wiped out on twinks....Clowns didn't center pump on first ones they did...jammed rotors and.blamed it on flaked anodizing. Didn't happen.......gotta love rumors .
Well clean clothes and load up and out of here for another week ...no worries but filling the gas tank ......
SUMPIN wrong with gas tank.....can't figure it out tho .....every 210 miles I gotta fill it. Lmfao.....
1- who is this "pretty good" builder?
2- I wish I was young
3- centering the pump & blue anodized paint on the cam plate coming off are no where in the same ball park - a pretty good builder would know that! LMFAO, maybe S&S got there stuff together but early on the anodized coating would flake - many thought perhaps the different oils or synthetics may have caused it?

Anyway - talking about an entry level cam plate swap out has gotten boring, im sure the S&S will do you good & even if blue chips come off I doubt you would admit it....!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:22 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,981 Likes on 4,046 Posts

Originally Posted by LXT
1- who is this "pretty good" builder?
2- I wish I was young
3- centering the pump & blue anodized paint on the cam plate coming off are no where in the same ball park - a pretty good builder would know that! LMFAO, maybe S&S got there stuff together but early on the anodized coating would flake - many thought perhaps the different oils or synthetics may have caused it?

Anyway - talking about an entry level cam plate swap out has gotten boring, im sure the S&S will do you good & even if blue chips come off I doubt you would admit it....!
Now that's funny..

Old 07-25-2018, 09:25 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rick S
Anyone see the article in the new issue of American Iron. Article by Donnie Peterson and he implied that the stumping could be related to the breathers. Of course the article finished by saying stay tuned for part 2 next month. Made for a interesting read
His theories are alway pretty interesting and humorous. Did he come up with any new buzzwords that he'll use 27 times in the article?

Old 07-25-2018, 10:53 PM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 3,272 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
His theories are alway pretty interesting and humorous. Did he come up with any new buzzwords that he'll use 27 times in the article?
Stumping............

Old 07-25-2018, 11:07 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJockey
Stumping............
That's the buzzword for combined sumping and transfer - stumping.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:31 PM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 3,272 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by oleboy
That's the buzzword for combined sumping and transfer - stumping.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:30 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 297 Posts

This is what u get at a dealer install... pulled this out of a twink that had 41 miles from dealer install stage BS I am sure the expert kid would say anodizing coming off......WRONG. And no it had very little run out on crank. The oil pump wasn’t centered and camplate improperly torqued . Can’t say what dealer as customer might have done something pretty nasty to them after he saw this.
very good example of what and amateur would think was ano flake and it’s not . I have 2 other screaming chicken plates that are bad in other areas so forgo there junk if they happen to come out with one for the m8. Again not a pro builder but do a few.
the S&S plate and pump have been simple install forget it. Been just bout 4300 on water cooled one
don’t know on oil cooled yet as it hadn’t come back for service

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 07-31-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:42 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
This is what u get at a dealer install... pulled this out of a twink that had 41 miles from dealer install stage BS I am sure the expert kid would say anodizing coming off......WRONG. And no it had very little run out on crank. The oil pump wasn’t centered and camplate improperly torqued . Can’t say what dealer as customer might have done something pretty nasty to them after he saw this.
very good example of what and amateur would think was ano flake and it’s not . I have 2 other screaming chicken plates that are bad in other areas so forgo there junk if they happen to come out with one for the m8. Again not a pro builder but do a few.
the S&S plate and pump have been simple install forget it. Been just bout 4300 on water cooled one
don’t know on oil cooled yet as it hadn’t come back for service

No clue as to who did what from your post but it sure looks like the anodize is wearing off the plate. Are you say from poor alignment? All plates wear like that even without anodize.

The following users liked this post:
LXT (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

For 41 miles, It does look like the plate wasn't cleaned or the pump had a burr on the gerotor.

Did you check bolt torque on removal? How do you figure the stuff wasn't torqued correctly?

Old 07-31-2018, 07:19 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 567 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
For 41 miles, It does look like the plate wasn't cleaned or the pump had a burr on the gerotor.

Did you check bolt torque on removal? How do you figure the stuff wasn't torqued correctly?

The reply to this outta be good.....! 41 miles huh? I think someone is drinking their own bath water, Ive seen oil pumps not centered right & they don't do that.

Quick Reply: Wth. Sumpin wrong