Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome news

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018 | 06:53 AM
Ashnic
Road Warrior
Received 271 Likes on 107 Posts

Down there at the same time as you for the Hog rally. Man did it rain a lot. Great time however. We ended up with 1808 miles for the week.

Old 06-25-2018 | 04:19 PM
cmashark
|
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashnic
Down there at the same time as you for the Hog rally. Man did it rain a lot. Great time however. We ended up with 1808 miles for the week.
‘yeah, the rain was insane on some of my rides. I got to watch them release the Fontana Dam. 18000 cubic ft per second!

Old 06-25-2018 | 05:14 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,857 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRGS
let's see how you feel when your valve seats start leaking.. just make a mental note of this comment.
I know that not everyone that rides a Harley is mechanically inclined, probably a very small percentage are, but I really don't understand a comment like that. It's almost as if you're wishing a mechanical problem on him.

Originally Posted by cmashark
Lol. I’m not worried about it. My bike is not warranty compliant anyways. Yes, I’ve seen T-Man’s video. If it happens, I’ll fix it or replace it depending on how I feel at that moment. Your fears aren’t mine. Maybe you should start an “I’m scared” thread.
When I bought my bike the dealer administrator tried to sell me an extended warranty. When I refused and told her that I did most of my own service and work, she said you know if you have a problem and we're not doing the services Harley won't honor your warranty. I knew that was BS, but I didn't tell her that. The only problem I have had with the bike, transfer, they couldn't have fixed even if I had let them try, so I fixed it myself. If it sumps I'll fix that too.

So what do you want him to do HDRGS, ride like an old lady going to church and not enjoy his bike? Living in fear is not living at all!

The following 3 users liked this post by $tonecold:
cmashark (06-26-2018), TomcatCV62 (06-26-2018), Vision (06-28-2018)
Old 06-25-2018 | 05:53 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned
Veteran: Air Force
Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

[QUOTE=$tonecold;17462543]I know that not everyone that rides a Harley is mechanically inclined, probably a very small percentage are, but I really don't understand a comment like that. It's almost as if you're wishing a mechanical problem on him./QUOTE]
I wouldn't pay him no mind. He is after all from some earth???

The following 2 users liked this post by nobodyknowsme:
cmashark (06-26-2018), Vision (06-28-2018)
Old 06-26-2018 | 06:01 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5
Dang Doug, it's been about 3 years now hasn't it? It's TIME for a new bike! GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Almost 4 years! LOL ... you know ... I just dont know what to replace it with ... damn bike runs great, loving it. I mean REALLY great ...(and enjoying the fact that there is no loan on it)
Last 2 weekends, 2 round trips to Folly Beach, which is typical this time of year for us, freaking bike is awesome on the interstate, roughly 2 hours each way @80 MPH. Never breaks a sweat, never any issues ... return trips /// plows through afternoon thunderstorms with authority. )

I have to admit, the 14 has a well seasoned engine, Im really leary of the M8, as great and good as they are, these forums scare me, I would freak out if I ended up with one of the few I read about in here with issues and why, as much as I like to look my heart isnt into a new bike YET ... We will see, next trip into the smoky mountain area, where we bought this one in 2014. )

Last edited by alarmdoug; 06-26-2018 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-26-2018 | 11:57 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,455 Likes on 933 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
Almost 4 years! LOL ... you know ... I just dont know what to replace it with ... damn bike runs great, loving it. I mean REALLY great ...(and enjoying the fact that there is no loan on it)
Last 2 weekends, 2 round trips to Folly Beach, which is typical this time of year for us, freaking bike is awesome on the interstate, roughly 2 hours each way @80 MPH. Never breaks a sweat, never any issues ... return trips /// plows through afternoon thunderstorms with authority. )

I have to admit, the 14 has a well seasoned engine, Im really leary of the M8, as great and good as they are, these forums scare me, I would freak out if I ended up with one of the few I read about in here with issues and why, as much as I like to look my heart isnt into a new bike YET ... We will see, next trip into the smoky mountain area, where we bought this one in 2014. )
Shoot, I don't blame you. That bike looks good, it's set up for you and your bride, and it runs good and really hasn't given you any trouble. Why would you even want to get a newer one. Rather than spend money on a newer bike, you put that money toward a NEWER ESP PLAN!!!

Old 06-27-2018 | 05:33 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5
Shoot, I don't blame you. That bike looks good, it's set up for you and your bride, and it runs good and really hasn't given you any trouble. Why would you even want to get a newer one. Rather than spend money on a newer bike, you put that money toward a NEWER ESP PLAN!!!
I still have 2+ more years on my Cornerstone (no deducatable) plan! First warranty I ever bought for any vehicle, now at 4 almost years old, bike hasnt needed a repair. I assume sometime in 2 more years it will and I will get to use the warranty.

Old 06-27-2018 | 06:25 AM
Clutched
Tourer
Received 109 Likes on 57 Posts

Sure do like mine 2500 mi.Did a 400 mi. weekend trip this past fri. to the 1000 Islands River Run.Love that Tourqe of the 107 With my Wife an loaded T-Bag This baby Went over Tug Hill Plataeu With ease so much Power an Handles Great.My best HD by Far to date.

The following 2 users liked this post by Clutched:
cmashark (06-27-2018), Vision (06-28-2018)