Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome news

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018 | 08:53 PM
klammer76
Road Master
Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

Great looking bike. Saw one at the dealership and it caught my eye. I then saw one out i the sun at americade and spent a while talking to the owner. I have never been a white color or blacked out look guy but that white pearl (Bonneville Salt Pearl) really pops out in the sun and the black works with it.

One question, how hard is it to keep it clean (white paint and the all black motor)? Looks like it hides rain grime pretty well in your pictures. I have a vivid black street glide and black/chrome motor. Black looks great but shows everything. Wanted to go red on my next one (Road Glide) but that white has my attention.
Not trying to hijack your thread, just wondering.

Regards,
klammer

Old 06-21-2018 | 09:22 PM
cmashark
|
Road Warrior
Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by klammer76
Great looking bike. Saw one at the dealership and it caught my eye. I then saw one out i the sun at americade and spent a while talking to the owner. I have never been a white color or blacked out look guy but that white pearl (Bonneville Salt Pearl) really pops out in the sun and the black works with it.

One question, how hard is it to keep it clean (white paint and the all black motor)? Looks like it hides rain grime pretty well in your pictures. I have a vivid black street glide and black/chrome motor. Black looks great but shows everything. Wanted to go red on my next one (Road Glide) but that white has my attention.
Not trying to hijack your thread, just wondering.

Regards,
klammer
This isn’t my first white bike. Back in 2005, I bought a new Glacier Pearl White Road King. That bike was beautiful. The paint was so nice that I was always cleaning the chrome because it had to be immaculate to match the paint!

The white and black hides stuff pretty well. The black inner fairing is usually the first thing I notice when it’s getting dusty/dirty. The blacked out engine and the white paint always looks clean from any distance, unless I have been riding in the rain. Even at that, the white doesn’t look too bad till it dries. Another good thing about the white is that it’s very hard to find any swirl marks in it.

Black PC’ed parts will get a patina to them. McGuires scratch remover and a buffer will correct that though.

Chris

Old 06-21-2018 | 09:24 PM
cmashark
|
Road Warrior
Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by ronaldrwl
Great picture! I thought it was a adv picture until I read further down. It's a pretty bike!
‘Thank you

Old 06-21-2018 | 09:34 PM
Truble
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Love my M8!

Old 06-21-2018 | 10:23 PM
klammer76
Road Master
Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by cmashark

This isn’t my first white bike. Back in 2005, I bought a new Glacier Pearl White Road King. That bike was beautiful. The paint was so nice that I was always cleaning the chrome because it had to be immaculate to match the paint!

The white and black hides stuff pretty well. The black inner fairing is usually the first thing I notice when it’s getting dusty/dirty. The blacked out engine and the white paint always looks clean from any distance, unless I have been riding in the rain. Even at that, the white doesn’t look too bad till it dries. Another good thing about the white is that it’s very hard to find any swirl marks in it.

Black PC’ed parts will get a patina to them. McGuires scratch remover and a buffer will correct that though.

Chris
Exactly what I was thinking. The lighter colors with flake seem to hide swirl marks. Makes me feel better about using a quick detailer. I have seen the patina on black powder coated parts.

Thanks for the info.

Old 06-22-2018 | 05:51 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

I REALLY like that RG in white, works well.
I go up that way every year, around 3 hours hours from my house. In 2014 I bought my 14 Road King up there.
Road up on a Yamaha VSTAR 1300 and rode home on a 2014 Road King, in the POURING rain no less and first time on a Harley. Didnt even test ride it, knew it would be good.

Anyway, told my wife I am all set for a few years ... that the RK is it ... then ... I see that nice looking RG in white and think ... hmmmmm ... we will be up that way again in August, like we do every year, give me a reason to look around. After the Tail, we run up to Maryville to check out the HD dealer there, its huge, then over to Pigeon Forge, same owners, of course, we take different routes every year, not always passing through the tail. Great riding up there. Last year we started off in Cashiers then up to Pigeon Forge.

Last edited by alarmdoug; 06-22-2018 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2018 | 06:12 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned
Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

The second picture, looks like you are in a shark tank. Welcome to the club. Love mine!!!

I almost bought that same bike but didn't think I could get along with the color. Have been kicking myself ever since. I do like the Velocity Red but have had my share of buyers remorse.

Last edited by nobodyknowsme; 06-22-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-22-2018 | 06:23 AM
Firenailer
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Great Pic! Thanks for posting something positive, we need to hear more of these stories! I’m at 11K trouble free and am still amazed at how good this motorcycle is

Old 06-22-2018 | 06:29 AM
NoSecCatfish
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome pic! Looks like a really fun trip!

Old 06-22-2018 | 07:02 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

Hey Chris,

Great Snap of you carving the Dragon! Brings back some good memories of riding throughout that area.

I might be bias, but I'm sure being on a Road Glide for sure helped you reach Nirvana and not trade in so quickly! Lol.

Your Bagger looks great!

YB

Quick Reply: Awesome news