Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch questions 2017

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018 | 06:53 PM
buelldude
|
Cruiser

well the said there was some air in the system, they were the last ones in there. I had my clutch switch about a year ago.

The following users liked this post:
VDeuce (06-19-2018)
Old 06-20-2018 | 10:16 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

My bike is in the shop/ dealer now for this same problem... Pulled into a biker bar - Bike has rode perfectly prior with NO problems - We all decided to leave to the next spot - Turned on the bike and I had NO clutch. Mine did NOT come back as you mentioned. The dealer said they have come across this on a couple M8's..... Would have sucked if I lost my clutch while riding..... On a good note the dealer did pick up my bike for FREE and now are fixing it for FREE.. Warranty!!

Old 06-28-2018 | 05:19 AM
buelldude
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
My bike is in the shop/ dealer now for this same problem... Pulled into a biker bar - Bike has rode perfectly prior with NO problems - We all decided to leave to the next spot - Turned on the bike and I had NO clutch. Mine did NOT come back as you mentioned. The dealer said they have come across this on a couple M8's..... Would have sucked if I lost my clutch while riding..... On a good note the dealer did pick up my bike for FREE and now are fixing it for FREE.. Warranty!!
So what happen with your bike? Did they replace any parts?

Well mine did it again, so let me recap what happen.
bike sits in the garage overnight, I push it out still in neutral to the driveway. I start to put on gear, get on the bike and pull in the lever. I get the clunk but this time I got a lite feeling in the clutch and as soon as I come off the bar/grip its like I have let the lever all the way out. The bike shuts off and I put it back in neutral start it - I get all the travel and feel back in the lever. The bike rides like normal and I get to work with no issues (clutch issues). I did have another issue, radio went blank and would not come back on at the same time?????? I'm going out in a min to turn it on and see if it was a fluke, seems nowadays most electronics will come back after a reboot???

Old 06-28-2018 | 05:58 AM
buelldude
|
Cruiser

ok, went down to check on the bike and all is well?????? I am going back to the dealer about the clutch!

Old 06-28-2018 | 09:38 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Dealer Invoice
Originally Posted by buelldude
So what happen with your bike? Did they replace any parts?

Well mine did it again, so let me recap what happen.
bike sits in the garage overnight, I push it out still in neutral to the driveway. I start to put on gear, get on the bike and pull in the lever. I get the clunk but this time I got a lite feeling in the clutch and as soon as I come off the bar/grip its like I have let the lever all the way out. The bike shuts off and I put it back in neutral start it - I get all the travel and feel back in the lever. The bike rides like normal and I get to work with no issues (clutch issues). I did have another issue, radio went blank and would not come back on at the same time?????? I'm going out in a min to turn it on and see if it was a fluke, seems nowadays most electronics will come back after a reboot???
Clutch actuator....

The following users liked this post:
buelldude (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018 | 04:20 PM
buelldude
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe

Dealer Invoice

Clutch actuator....
So I told the dealer about this post and what they did on your bike. The good thing is a bike just came in with the same problem( 18 model) and that was the same part that they put on order. So being that my dealer must trust me and the conversation we had about the problem, they put one on order for mine when I was still on the phone with them.

Old 06-28-2018 | 04:36 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by buelldude
So I told the dealer about this post and what they did on your bike. The good thing is a bike just came in with the same problem( 18 model) and that was the same part that they put on order. So being that my dealer must trust me and the conversation we had about the problem, they put one on order for mine when I was still on the phone with them.
Sent you a message.....

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 06-28-2018 at 04:42 PM.