Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Smart Siren II (only chips)? 17 FLHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 10:11 AM
KrustyKush
Road Master
Received 431 Likes on 287 Posts

When I ordered my Siren and remote, the parts guy said I'd need 1.5 hours of shop time for installation and sync-ing with the bike. I told him I do my own stuff, never mind. He said the unit would still need to be hooked up and sync'd. I said ok. When the parts arrived, I read the instructions, found nothing about "sync-ing", went ahead and installed myself and all works perfectly as advertised. This was the same parts guy who insisted to me that the tranny oil needs to be checked with engine hot, bike upright. I find myself not believing very much of what comes out of a dealer employee.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:08 PM
jjr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tell you the techs get younger but the BS still gets older.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:07 AM
jjr
Road Captain

OK I just bought another brand new Smart Siren II everything works but the chirp part? If you move the bike it will chirp, if you keep on m oving it the siren will go off.

But if you turn on the ignition no chirp also if you turn the bike off and walk away the lights will flash but to chip?

Any ideas??

Old 05-05-2018, 04:47 PM
RCUltra
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jjr
OK I just bought another brand new Smart Siren II everything works but the chirp part? If you move the bike it will chirp, if you keep on m oving it the siren will go off.

But if you turn on the ignition no chirp also if you turn the bike off and walk away the lights will flash but to chip?

Any ideas??
Description on the HD website says it can be programmed to chirp. It's probably not programmed. This is from the install instructions...

"If the siren does not chirp two or three times on a valid arming command from the security system, the siren is either in chirpless mode, not connected, not working, or the siren wiring was opened or shorted while the siren was disarmed."

Of course, they don't mention how to get it out of chirpless mode.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:30 PM
jjr
Road Captain

Before installing i did put a fresh battery in it nimh 220 mah the oem was 200 mah.
Pulled the maxi fuse prior to installing, lights flast correctly but just no chirp.

Othewise alarm works as ir should

Old 05-18-2018, 06:30 AM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

I will buy the broken alarm, I just need the OEM connector (Delphi 3-place GT-150 P2S (Pull 2 Seal) Male connector)
the connector itself is like $10 in parts, and the Radio Shack piezo siren (PN 273-079) is $10 in stores

pics in case someone needs this info in the future:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...connector.html
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...l#&gid=1&pid=1

on my 2014, i ran a single siren, and it burnt out when I transported the bike (there is a TRANSPORT mode, duh!)
I left the key fob in the saddle bag, but it broke anyways.

on my 2015, i had two piezo sirens, one on each down tube, right where the thigh heat shields end. double back taped them on there, had some nice volume on that set up!! you could tell who the real biker's were, if it chirped, they would look around like "how come that was such a nice loud chirp?"

Old 05-18-2018, 06:57 AM
jjr
Road Captain

Radio Shack is out if business in the whole Chicago area,also my 17 RK just had the OEM connector that just plugged directly into my smart siren, so I do not understand what deplhi connector you talking about. What I do have is a Delphi HD connector that came iwith a Spartster OEM Smart Siren II that I bought a few years ago years ago. On top of that I do have 2 new RS Piezo alarms that I bough awhile back and also a brane new OEM Smart Siren II 9v battery.

That battery came with my new Smart Siren II but since I bough a new 9V battery that had a little bit better MAH then the oem one I chose to use that. The OEM battery I charged on my home charger and its checked out ok.

I will get pix of everything and get back on a price.

Old 05-18-2018, 07:28 AM
jjr
Road Captain

Here os what I have
2 22" cables (note the ends)
2 piezo RS
1 OEM HD 9v battery new

Old 05-18-2018, 07:36 AM
jjr
Road Captain

Battery is $10 pick up, its not worth shipping as it would exceed the price HD sell them for $15.99 I believe
The cables I know 1 you could use as it has both of the ends you need $12 for the pair
Peizo $20 for the pair plus ship
Sorry I only could ship USPS priority mail small box *VHS size" $7.20 I have the box here, what I do not have is the time to go to the PO and stand in line to ship any cheaper.

Would prefer just come and pick up here in 60631 come and pay cash $40 for everything

Old 05-31-2018, 04:38 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by jjr
Battery is $10 pick up, its not worth shipping as it would exceed the price HD sell them for $15.99 I believe
The cables I know 1 you could use as it has both of the ends you need $12 for the pair
Peizo $20 for the pair plus ship
Sorry I only could ship USPS priority mail small box *VHS size" $7.20 I have the box here, what I do not have is the time to go to the PO and stand in line to ship any cheaper.

Would prefer just come and pick up here in 60631 come and pay cash $40 for everything
where is 60631? i travell......a LOT....

put it in a box & get it to me whenever you can, maybe pass it to a friend who does go to the post office or whatever, and I will paypal you $40.
gets me the OEM connectors, and gets old stuff out of your pile .

Quick Reply: Just installed Smart Siren II (only chips)? 17 FLHR