Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Tuner & PowerVision required for Stage 2??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 10:43 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
well.... technically...the head pipe could void the warranty....use a PV and tune it and then ride it..... you will get great sound with that and the cam.....u must have misunderstood the dealer.... its a pretty simple process....
What it comes down to is the dealers that are doing this are taking a gamble that there won't be any problems during the factory warranty, if there is they're willing to eat the cost if HD denies the claim. These are the same dealers that will sell you aftermarket parts at the time of purchase and sell you a ESP (that is no good from day 1) with it. I personally wish it wasn't like this, for the past 19 years i've made my living working on HD's, It would be much better for me personally if consumer confidence was up and people were modifying new bikes. With the TC it wasn't uncommon to do large builds on new bikes, they are few and far between. I expect that to start changing pretty soon as some of the earlier M8's sold will be coming out of warranty anyways.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:41 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
What it comes down to is the dealers that are doing this are taking a gamble that there won't be any problems during the factory warranty, if there is they're willing to eat the cost if HD denies the claim.
That is what I have been seeing. I have also seen my dealer that was very hard line when the M8's came out soften their stance quite a bit on the matter. I am wondering if the new EPA is not up HD's rear like they were with the previous president. Still doesn't help outside of the dealer that did the work when you're hundreds of miles from home.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:48 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
That is what I have been seeing. I have also seen my dealer that was very hard line when the M8's came out soften their stance quite a bit on the matter. I am wondering if the new EPA is not up HD's rear like they were with the previous president. Still doesn't help outside of the dealer that did the work when you're hundreds of miles from home.
I'm sure the current administration is helping them out with their decisions. But I would imagine the declining sales is effecting the dealers and that's part of the reason they are reconsidering their stance on using aftermarket products.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:14 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

But I would imagine the declining sales is effecting the dealers and that's part of the reason they are reconsidering their stance on using aftermarket products.

BINGO!!!! These independent owners are in the business of making money! Joe Harley, owner of ABC Dealership, didn't check with the new administration to see if they are cool with the EPA. He looked at his bottom line and his bottom line showed his parts department selling less aftermarket and his service department installing/building less. I've seen my dealership make repairs on M8s with all sorts of things installed. Sure, they are taking a gamble, but they aren't gonna call BIG HARLEY on themselves.

Last edited by sfcmo357; 04-18-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:25 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

What it comes down to is the dealers that are doing this are taking a gamble that there won't be any problems during the factory warranty, if there is they're willing to eat the cost if HD denies the claim. These are the same dealers that will sell you aftermarket parts at the time of purchase and sell you a ESP (that is no good from day 1) with it. I personally wish it wasn't like this, for the past 19 years i've made my living working on HD's, It would be much better for me personally if consumer confidence was up and people were modifying new bikes. With the TC it wasn't uncommon to do large builds on new bikes, they are few and far between. I expect that to start changing pretty soon as some of the earlier M8's sold will be coming out of warranty anyways.
well... im just saying.... tune build it and be done.... regardless of warranty..... but thats me.... everything i owned is aftermarket built and or tuned.....i dont worry about it is all..... ill make my stuff the way i want it...

Old 04-19-2018, 06:29 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardToscano
ARe you kidding me with this crap. Having a non EPA complaint motorcycle, what are you the EPA cop. Give me a break, this is all nonsense, Obama and his cronies are gone, TRUMP is gutting the EPA this is a joke. I did a fuel pack, ripped out the cat on my M8 and THE DEALER TUNED THE BIKE WITH A STAGE 3. So stop the nonsense please you have no idea what you are talking about.
Get a clue fool. I'm living the voided powertrain warranty lifestyle.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:57 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,472 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
Get a clue fool. I'm living the voided powertrain warranty lifestyle.
Raises another question - seeing as how many people void their warranties instantly, why doesn't Harley offer a discount for buying one without a warranty? I bet lots of folks would take them up on it, and I'm sure Harley would be glad to not have to worry about a bunch of bikes they would otherwise have to fix...