Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Tuner & PowerVision required for Stage 2??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 10:27 PM
lithod02
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yep definitely a good read and clears up my original questions. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Old 04-18-2018, 05:25 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
Why is this so hard for folks to understand? You buy the HD tuner and flash a canned map to it. Then you get what ever tuner you want and do your real tune. Bike has to go in for warranty you flash the canned HD map back on to the bike. And pray. If for some reason a whole copy of the ecm code is needed by HD good chance your still screwed. If it all goes wrong and HD gets wind of it,,, you loose engine warranty. If dealer is found to be involved dealer gets in trouble with HD. And if your traveling do you really want to carry a netbook or lappy the HD tuner and cable with you so you can flash back. The code is very complex and dealers can only see some of it. HD can see it all right down to the low level code.
Sir, we are communicating. We are having a discussion about what certain dealers are doing to tune bikes. We are sharing information about what they are doing with the PV over the SE tuner. And you take that to mean we’re all misunderstood? And if for some reason someone is misunderstoood......then let them be educated by coming here. Everyone may not be as bright as you on the topic.

The following users liked this post:
EnriqueFig (08-31-2020)
Old 04-18-2018, 05:50 AM
EdwardToscano
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Stage 3 with Fuelpack

Did full exhaust myself, Vance and Hines headers and slip ons. Changes to high flow air filter. Took the bike to the dealer, they did a stage 3, Dealer put a new map in my fuel pack, bike runs great. NOBODY said a word to me about the fuel pack or the headers etc. BIKE went back to dealer for WARRANTY work, dealer picked up bike changed a push rod and the cost was ZERO. All this warranty talk is bulsh65. Please stop with the cry babies I can’t take it, ohh my warranty my be void ohh blah blah blah.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:53 AM
EdwardToscano
Cruiser
Default Stop with the bulshi^_

Originally Posted by harleytuner
You better hope they don't put the vehicle info on the work order that is getting flashed with the PV. Everything that gets input in the HD Talon system can be seen by the MOCo.
Please stop posting this bulsh*&, you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? MORE FAKE NEWS, I KNOW YOU MUST BE UPSET VICTORY IS OUT IF BUSINESS AND HONDA SUCKS BUT STOP WUTH THE FEAR MONGERING ABOUT WARRANTY CRAP. EITHER THAT OR YOUR A DISGRUNTLED WORKER AT THE FAILING EPA.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:58 AM
EdwardToscano
Cruiser
Default FUnny

Originally Posted by mjwebb
well said indeed..like everything in life be accountable for your choices and decisions be and prepared to accept the consequences..trying to circumvent and pull the wool over their eyes is an enter at your own risk affair..it's pretty simple really..if it is really that important to you to not have an EPA compliant engine then go for it
ARe you kidding me with this crap. Having a non EPA complaint motorcycle, what are you the EPA cop. Give me a break, this is all nonsense, Obama and his cronies are gone, TRUMP is gutting the EPA this is a joke. I did a fuel pack, ripped out the cat on my M8 and THE DEALER TUNED THE BIKE WITH A STAGE 3. So stop the nonsense please you have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:16 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,349 Likes on 4,769 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardToscano
ARe you kidding me with this crap. Having a non EPA complaint motorcycle, what are you the EPA cop. Give me a break, this is all nonsense, Obama and his cronies are gone, TRUMP is gutting the EPA this is a joke. I did a fuel pack, ripped out the cat on my M8 and THE DEALER TUNED THE BIKE WITH A STAGE 3. So stop the nonsense please you have no idea what you are talking about.
yeah, what was I thinking stating using non-compliant tuners was a violation and could result in negative consequences..I'm sorry, you're right, I have no idea what I'm talking about, got it..10-4, Over, Roger, out..

p.s. congratulations on New York legalizing Marijuana!

Last edited by mjwebb; 04-18-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:30 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Please stop posting this bulsh*&, you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? MORE FAKE NEWS, I KNOW YOU MUST BE UPSET VICTORY IS OUT IF BUSINESS AND HONDA SUCKS BUT STOP WUTH THE FEAR MONGERING ABOUT WARRANTY CRAP. EITHER THAT OR YOUR A DISGRUNTLED WORKER AT THE FAILING EPA.
You might try getting your bike repaired at a dealer you didn't leave a money trail with before getting all poster upset. I think it's great your dealer took care of you,try touring cross country and have a engine failure and let us know how that goes.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:33 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
yeah, what was I thinking stating using non-compliant tuners was a violation and could result in negative consequences..I'm sorry, you're right, I have no idea what I'm talking about, got it..10-4, Over, Roger, out..

p.s. congratulations on New York legalizing Marijuana!

Old 04-18-2018, 07:20 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,526 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Funny: that fake news is what dealers are reporting as fact when you ask the ones you have no business connections with. Even the dealer I bought my bike from straight up told me using tuners other than Sept would void my warranty.

Now who's the expert here? Certainly not you.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:59 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by lithod02
Got it, thanks for the info. Going to do some calling around and see what I can come up with. May be able to get away with just SEPST at another dealer. Just wanting more sound and power from M8 like everyone else
well.... technically...the head pipe could void the warranty....use a PV and tune it and then ride it..... you will get great sound with that and the cam.....u must have misunderstood the dealer.... its a pretty simple process....

Quick Reply: SE Tuner & PowerVision required for Stage 2??