It begins .

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 11:22 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by badcooky
Mine here.
Looks good and black is beautiful. Chrome is so yesterday IMO and last few exhaust systems I have bought are non chrome.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:25 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Looks good and black is beautiful. Chrome is so yesterday IMO and last few exhaust systems I have bought are non chrome.
THX man , hoping for some better pictures real soon and a sound clip.

Cheers.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:39 AM
badcooky
Banned

Just went for my first real run with the Stage 1 as the rain stopped and the pain killers worked and yeas the bike really likes more air in and out,it'snot puffing and weezing , she's gota little bit more everywhere and it's got a heart beat now too. It's not as loud as I first thought as the brothers garage is more of a megaphone effect , that was were the V&H slip ons were put on and tested ,not as loud back in my garage besides his so that's a good thing mine is full of junk that must deaden the sound a bit.
Seems a little rich from the bottom ,maybe the tune has to work it out,maybe it's just hot and ultra humid here at the moment that might make it feel like it's a little rich too around idle. It feels like the air around me is wet ha ha , we've just had 6 weeks of rain ..
So yea super happy with it ,and for sure it's just a first stage right nothing serious but ya gotta start somewhere .
I used the extreme SE air filter and I think it probably could flow quite a bit of air actually.
Cheers guys.

Last edited by badcooky; 03-28-2018 at 12:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 09:29 PM
badcooky
Banned

Went for a ride last night with a lady pillion out to the coast then for a blast up the range to the look out .Seriously even though the canned tune is a bit rough around the edges the SE extreme filter and V&H slip ons bring it alive, it's way more fun.
The tune is rough around idle and low revs but still has more torque there than without the Stage 1 , pulls from deeper down low too , as I had a pillion on board I thought up the range I'd need 2nd but no even though I was 2 up and slower it pulled right out from around 1600 no worried at all , didn't chug didn't falter, it was very strong , thinking about an auto tune session now or just dyno it. Probably try an Auto Tune as I might find a 2nd hand SE8-447 to put in it then dyno it.
I've asked the neighbors and they reckon it sounds much better , go figure , I was worried it was too loud and a couple said yea it was pathetic before but it sounds like a real Harley now ,joy !! The V&H's sound boss I know sound is subjective but it's good to nail it and the bike cracks loud in the canyons.
Only downside is I can't walk yet today but I will when the pain killers kick in.
Totally worth it.

Last edited by badcooky; 03-30-2018 at 09:31 PM.
mjwebb (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 09:35 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,385 Likes on 4,788 Posts

Went for a ride last night with a lady pillion out to the coast then for a blast up the range to the look out .Seriously even though the canned tune is a bit rough around the edges the SE extreme filter and V&H slip ons bring it alive, it's way more fun.
The tune is rough around idle and low revs but still has more torque there than without the Stage 1 , pulls from deeper down low too , as I had a pillion on board I thought up the range I'd need 2nd but no even though I was 2 up and slower it pulled right out from around 1600 no worried at all , didn't chug didn't falter, it was very strong , thinking about an auto tune session now or just dyno it. Probably try an Auto Tune as I might find a 2nd hand SE8-447 to put in it then dyno it.
I've asked the neighbors and they reckon it sounds much better , go figure , I was worried it was too loud and a couple said yea it was pathetic before but it sounds like a real Harley now ,joy !! The V&H's sound boss I know sound is subjective but it's good to nail it and the bike cracks loud in the canyons.
Only downside is I can't walk yet today but I will when the pain killers kick in.
Totally worth it.
glad to hear you're making it out and enjoying your bike...tell the doctor you switched meds and are now taking 800 mg of Fukitol !

badcooky (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 09:36 PM
badcooky
Banned

I'm up to 1000 MG now man .
Cheers.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:39 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Fukitol

I'm up to 1000 MG now man .
Cheers.
gotta' do what ya' gotta' do

Attached Thumbnails It begins .-fukitol-1000mg.jpg  
Old 03-30-2018, 09:49 PM
badcooky
Banned

Originally Posted by mjwebb
gotta' do what ya' gotta' do
Hells yea , Webby the thing that amazes me now with my little Street bob is just that, as it's a small feeling bike my brain is still at the Shovel and Evo days right when only the big inch bikes could roll on at top gear and clear out and just bark loud and proud right , I'd have to fish gears and punch it to catch up but this "little" bike feels like it's got all that and more on tap ,it's very deceiving. I forget as it's such a compact little bike it's 107 cubes man.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:00 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Hells yea , Webby the thing that amazes me now with my little Street bob is just that, as it's a small feeling bike my brain is still at the Shovel and Evo days right when only the big inch bikes could roll on at top gear and clear out and just bark loud and proud right , I'd have to fish gears and punch it to catch up but this "little" bike feels like it's got all that and more on tap ,it's very deceiving. I forget as it's such a compact little bike it's 107 cubes man.
that's probably my favorite model of the 18 Soft Tails..priced right, old school cool looking and all the reviews rave about how much fun and enjoyable it is to ride..I thought about getting one for a second bike but I'm 6' 3" 230 lbs and I felt and look like a circus bear on a unicycle on it..the Heritage feels much better but I ain't dropping $20K on a spare bike..heck even the Heritage feels kind of small for me

Attached Thumbnails It begins .-dsc04947.jpg  
Old 03-31-2018, 07:34 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Same impression I had on the Heritage. Handling was better than the King, but it’s lighter. Had no complaints about the suspension either, but the positioning just felt a bit cramped. And I’m only 5’9” @ 160lbs.

If I could swing a second bike it’d hands down be a Low Rider. Awesome retro looks and paint - specially the black.

Quick Reply: It begins .