Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People say Harley’s are priced too high

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 05:28 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

[QUOTE=jd05flhtci;17165642]You are 100% correct it is not 1953 and nothing is 100% american made anymore with Harleys suspension being Showa (Jap company)wheels from Australia,wiring,clusters,etc from Mexico,and steel and aluminum from overseas or they wouldnt be fighting Trumps tariffs, you are correct,and like i said go to the dealer and buy a part the box will say Japan,Twain,or China more times than not. No i dont want the price to raise on our great motorcycles but i would like to have more Americans back to work to afford to keep this Great American motorcycle alive.[/QUO

Again prove the frame is from a non us Company. Your responding with the same bullshit.You got on here as usual bad mouthing the brand with things you can't prove.Take your bad mouthing **** to the Honda forum .

scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

This link illustrates Harley Davidson parts sources. It may be somewhat out of date.

what I do know; the crankshaft in today's big twin comes from China, the suspension is from Japan. The fuel injection is from Germany, the seats are from China. Not sure about the rest.

Very few products today are all American. Next time your at your HD dealer check out the motorclothes, I have yet to find anything made in the USA.

Regarding the comment about a Harley owner being a turn coat; Really? While I like buying American, I'll spend my money as I see fit. Buy what I like and what I consider the best value, quality. I much prefer European products to China. Much better quality and style in my opinion. Harley Davidson is a company, no different than Coca Cola. I'm loyal to my wife, family and country in that order. Not a brand that really doesn't even know who I am.

https://www.throttlexbatteries.com/details.aspx?p=A4D3D61DCEB3C859&ppid=59924&beid=7B D67A6B7D0B565F

The following users liked this post:
jd05flhtci (03-09-2018)
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by badcooky
A slight over simplification but here goes .
Those of us that own a new motorcycle , understand they're at a fairly high price point,and somewhat with that goes a brand loyalty inclusion but nonetheless we all bought one knowing what the cost impost, it's simply the price of admission to this new Harley groove most of us are on.
Those who can't afford one and don't have a new bike are going to say they're at too high a price point for what you're getting and for what you're getting per dollar they'll waffle that they're junk and unreliable and that's why they don't own one rather than admit they are underfunded.
Somewhere in the middle is the truth.
Oxycontin rooolz !
Well stated. Don't tell the MoCo, but I love this M8 so much I would have paid more.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:31 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

[QUOTE=tbob;17165684]
Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
You are 100% correct it is not 1953 and nothing is 100% american made anymore with Harleys suspension being Showa (Jap company)wheels from Australia,wiring,clusters,etc from Mexico,and steel and aluminum from overseas or they wouldnt be fighting Trumps tariffs, you are correct,and like i said go to the dealer and buy a part the box will say Japan,Twain,or China more times than not. No i dont want the price to raise on our great motorcycles but i would like to have more Americans back to work to afford to keep this Great American motorcycle alive.[/QUO

Again prove the frame is from a non us Company. Your responding with the same bullshit.You got on here as usual bad mouthing the brand with things you can't prove.Take your bad mouthing **** to the Honda forum .
Where did i say the frame was not US? everyone knows the frame is made in the USA. Quit your koolaid drinking crying **** man we all love Harley. I never badmouth the brand i bashed the company

Old 03-09-2018, 05:32 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by scottt
This link illustrates Harley Davidson parts sources. It may be somewhat out of date.

what I do know; the crankshaft in today's big twin comes from China, the suspension is from Japan. The fuel injection is from Germany, the seats are from China. Not sure about the rest.

Very few products today are all American. Next time your at your HD dealer check out the motorclothes, I have yet to find anything made in the USA.

Regarding the comment about a Harley owner being a turn coat; Really? While I like buying American, I'll spend my money as I see fit. Buy what I like and what I consider the best value, quality. I much prefer European products to China. Much better quality and style in my opinion. Harley Davidson is a company, no different than Coca Cola. I'm loyal to my wife, family and country in that order. Not a brand that really doesn't even know who I am.

https://www.throttlexbatteries.com/d...D67A6B7D0B565F
Your on a Harley Forum,Go over to the BMW forum we don't care.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:35 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

[QUOTE=jd05flhtci;17165702]
Originally Posted by tbob

Where did i say the frame was not US? everyone knows the frame is made in the USA. Quit your koolaid drinking crying **** man we all love Harley. I never badmouth the brand i bashed the company
Your post #262 you stated China Steel.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:36 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
Your on a Harley Forum,Go over to the BMW forum we don't care.
Dude go for a ride and relax your gumpy today or have a beer

Old 03-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,604 Likes on 2,725 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
You are 100% correct it is not 1953 and nothing is 100% american made anymore with Harleys suspension being Showa (Jap company)wheels from Australia,wiring,clusters,etc from Mexico,and steel and aluminum from overseas or they wouldnt be fighting Trumps tariffs, you are correct,and like i said go to the dealer and buy a part the box will say Japan,Twain,or China more times than not. No i dont want the price to raise on our great motorcycles but i would like to have more Americans back to work to afford to keep this Great American motorcycle alive.
At $2.50/hour apparently, because you dont want the price to go up.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Whats this world coming too?!?! Harleys made with chinese parts, triumphs made in thailand, and yamaha bolts made in the usa! What is happening?!?!

Honestly who cares? The bike is what it is... am i supppsed to enjoy my bikes less because of the place it was made isnt where I thought it was? When the quality suffers then it could be a problem. Until then I'll enjoy my evo with its japanese carb and my thai built tiger.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:47 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm good,And I really don't care what someone rides.But what I won't do is go to a Indian forum or BMW and tell the owners how bad the bike they ride is compared to what I have.
It's called respect and I won't do it. I like sharing our problems but I wont bad mouth one of the few producers of American made bikes we have. I like Indian because it will make HD strong and excel or fight ,and that is a win for all of us. I'm loyal and for 40years I'm loyal.

The following 2 users liked this post by tbob:
badcooky (03-09-2018), StoneTrekker (03-09-2018)

Quick Reply: People say Harley’s are priced too high