Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 ultra classic What did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018 | 05:04 PM
ytsultra
|
Cruiser
Default 2018 ultra classic What did you pay?

I’m wanting a new ultra and every dealer I’ve talked to won’t even talk about a price unless I’m sitting in front of them. What’s the deal

Old 01-27-2018 | 05:23 PM
AFSOC_Commando
Tourer

I didn't have that problem.
I emailed 10 dealers with-in 125 miles telling them what bike I wanted and my top 2 colors and that I already had the funding available and I wanted an out the door price.

I received answers from 6 dealers and that gave me a starting point.

I called the two top deals and verified they had the bike in stock and let them know if I stepped into the dealership it was to sign the paperwork and for no other reason.

I was able to get my 2017 Ultra Limited last May out the door for $26k with adjustable backrest as the only option, which at the time for the Black Quartz was better then anyone within 500 miles. I did beat the price by an additional $500 if I wanted to drive 525 miles but that wasn't worth it to me.

Some dealers won't talk to you, but I told them I wasn't coming to the dealership to talk. Many are afraid of price shopping or dealers getting put into the position of a price war. I didn't tell the 2 dealers what the other was offering, I did let them know I was talking to one other dealership once I was on the phone with them.

I did have to drive 125 miles to do the paperwork and they delivered to my house!
Good Luck!

Last edited by AFSOC_Commando; 01-27-2018 at 05:25 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by AFSOC_Commando:
2wheelwanderer (07-03-2018), Eccool (07-03-2018), RATFINK53 (02-01-2018)
Old 01-28-2018 | 07:48 AM
mazz
Road Master

Originally Posted by ytsultra
I’m wanting a new ultra and every dealer I’ve talked to won’t even talk about a price unless I’m sitting in front of them. What’s the deal
do you blame them they want to sell bikes not talk on the phone! If you have a relationship with dealer they should discuss on phone but otherwise they cant close a phone deal.

Old 01-28-2018 | 08:28 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

my buddy just bought a 2018 UL anniversary edition for around $28,500..such a nice bike

Old 01-28-2018 | 10:05 AM
ytsultra
|
Cruiser

Well my time is very valuable and I do t have time to drive to every dealer because they don’t want to talk.
Looks like they would be able to price their machines without the headache.

The following 2 users liked this post by ytsultra:
Eccool (07-03-2018), jd05flhtci (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018 | 10:29 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by ytsultra
Well my time is very valuable and I do t have time to drive to every dealer because they don’t want to talk.
Looks like they would be able to price their machines without the headache.
Sounds like you don’t really want to buy the bike to me, I’m not trying to be antagonistic, but going to dealer and talking face to face isn’t that much of an inconviemce for 99% of us. If I had something for sale, I sure wouldn’t want to negotiate a price via the phone either....

Good luck in your search though, you might have to reach out to a dealer outside your area to get this accomplished and then go pick it up.

Old 01-28-2018 | 10:49 AM
ytsultra
|
Cruiser

I went in my local dealer like the other two times I purchased new Harley’s. They just won’t deal with me for some reason. If I can save two grand and drive an hour I will. Of course my local dealer is under new management but hasn’t seemed to make a difference.

Old 01-28-2018 | 10:58 AM
paid4c4
Road Master

I've used your method several times with good results. I just purchased a Road Glide Ultra which was at a dealer in East Peoria, Ill while I'm in KY. I bought it for about 4,000 less than I could find locally and that includes delivery. It was a smooth deal. If you don't mind shopping a little there are some good deals to be had. As I told the dealer when I called him "There are three things might interest you about my call;first-I have the cash to make the purchase, second I don't need my wife's permission to make this purchase and thirdly I am going to purchase a new bike the only question is from which dealer."
Bill

Originally Posted by AFSOC_Commando
I didn't have that problem.
I emailed 10 dealers with-in 125 miles telling them what bike I wanted and my top 2 colors and that I already had the funding available and I wanted an out the door price.

I received answers from 6 dealers and that gave me a starting point.

I called the two top deals and verified they had the bike in stock and let them know if I stepped into the dealership it was to sign the paperwork and for no other reason.

I was able to get my 2017 Ultra Limited last May out the door for $26k with adjustable backrest as the only option, which at the time for the Black Quartz was better then anyone within 500 miles. I did beat the price by an additional $500 if I wanted to drive 525 miles but that wasn't worth it to me.

Some dealers won't talk to you, but I told them I wasn't coming to the dealership to talk. Many are afraid of price shopping or dealers getting put into the position of a price war. I didn't tell the 2 dealers what the other was offering, I did let them know I was talking to one other dealership once I was on the phone with them.

I did have to drive 125 miles to do the paperwork and they delivered to my house!
Good Luck!

Old 01-28-2018 | 12:17 PM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mazz
do you blame them they want to sell bikes not talk on the phone! If you have a relationship with dealer they should discuss on phone but otherwise they cant close a phone deal.
I don’t know about that I called a dealer that had a add in cycle trader for a current year used bike. I thought it was new, he said if I wanted a new bike he could get me a deal and gave me a price of 4000 off list we did the deal over the phone Signed the papers using FedEx overnight and I flew down on Southwest Airlines. He pick me up at the airport and I rode home. It was common practice for them. They have new owners now so I’m not sure if the discounting and phone deals are still prevalent. But I’m almost ready for a new bike. I will let my fingers do the walking, it’s a snap. ( if that doesn’t date me)

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (07-03-2018)
Old 01-28-2018 | 12:24 PM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain

Also if you put your location in your profile it might help find a dealer in your area. A lot of pricing is regional.

Quick Reply: 2018 ultra classic What did you pay?