Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 ultra classic What did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018 | 06:25 AM
NoSecCatfish
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wilmersarmiento

I do agree that this is a buyer market. I shopped around my area and two dealers offered me $5,000 off MSRP for an ultra limited with color option. I drove 145 miles to the chosen dealer and they gave an extra $300 off, 15% discount on parts to install stage 1, and they charged me a fraction of the time to install the parts.

Not sure about other places but the dealers atiund south Florida are very motivated to sell right now.
Hey, I recognize that place (Space Coast HD). That's my local dealership, about 5 minutes from my house.

Old 06-22-2018 | 06:57 AM
saddlebag
Tourer

Originally Posted by lyork
Sounds like you don’t really want to buy the bike to me, I’m not trying to be antagonistic, but going to dealer and talking face to face isn’t that much of an inconviemce for 99% of us. If I had something for sale, I sure wouldn’t want to negotiate a price via the phone either....

Good luck in your search though, you might have to reach out to a dealer outside your area to get this accomplished and then go pick it up.
Why not? If I have something to sell, I have a price I'll let it go. If the market is hot, it may be worth dickering, but with all the inventory around, I'd think MC salesmen would be wise to give a person who just wants an OTD price a fair price over the phone.
I agree, it's not that hard to make a trip to a HD dealer as plentiful as they are, but a lot of them are swindlers and want to play their games. Not worth spending the gas and time just to walk out when they start their nonsense.

Old 06-22-2018 | 07:21 AM
wilmersarmiento
Novice

Originally Posted by NoSecCatfish
Hey, I recognize that place (Space Coast HD). That's my local dealership, about 5 minutes from my house.
Well, you are very lucky! I shopped around and no one was even close to their numbers but the dealer at West Palm Beach. Very nice people, highly recommended.

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (07-03-2018)
Old 06-22-2018 | 07:29 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by wilmersarmiento

I do agree that this is a buyer market. I shopped around my area and two dealers offered me $5,000 off MSRP for an ultra limited with color option. I drove 145 miles to the chosen dealer and they gave an extra $300 off, 15% discount on parts to install stage 1, and they charged me a fraction of the time to install the parts.

Not sure about other places but the dealers atiund south Florida are very motivated to sell right now.
So they gave you $5300 off MSRP, 15% off a stage 1 kit and a fraction of the labor cost to install it? What did they charge you for destination charges, set-up, doc-fees?

Old 06-22-2018 | 07:41 AM
wilmersarmiento
Novice

Originally Posted by Cbyway
So they gave you $5300 off MSRP, 15% off a stage 1 kit and a fraction of the labor cost to install it? What did they charge you for destination charges, set-up, doc-fees?
For freight I paid what you see in the hd website, prep was around 600 including the installation of the stage 1/windshield/grips/few accents here and there, docs was around 425 and the shipping was free. My home is 145 miles away from the dealer. I didn’t fight the prep and docs fee that much because they are very similar to what I see around here. I trade in my RK for 10k, a dealer nearby was offering me 9k.

Old 06-22-2018 | 08:11 AM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior

Wow considering the markup is around 5452 for ultra limited in twisted cherry but the dealers do play with numbers.

Old 06-22-2018 | 08:16 AM
wilmersarmiento
Novice

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
Wow considering the markup is around 5452 for ultra limited in twisted cherry but the dealers do play with numbers.

Absolutely, but if you are an informed buyer (I see that you did the research as well! Knowing the markup is a key piece of information) and you are very clear on what you want, and you are patient enough... then you can find a good deal. I believe that HD is pushing the dealers as well. They need to show momentum because the stock isn’t performing very well lately. This is a buyer market!

Old 06-22-2018 | 08:33 AM
BgDadddy
Road Captain

For those of you who think going to the dealer and making a face-to-face deal is the only way to make a deal, I respectfully disagree. The dealer has the total advantage that way. And they don't have those big, shiny showrooms and huge dealerships by not being good at what they do.

When I am buying a vehicle, whether a car or a bike, I do it all from the computer. That way, I can figure out roughly what the dealership has in the vehicle, and what other dealerships are selling them for. Then I email several dealerships and let them compete against each other. If they insist on me coming in to deal, I move on to a different one.

That was how I just bought my 2018 Limited last month. I got it for $26,250 out the door (which included sales tax and the dealer's crazy add-on fees). That also included a factory back rest.

Old 06-22-2018 | 08:39 AM
wilmersarmiento
Novice

100% agree. I did all the leg work from my computer and phone. I went first to the closest deal to try the bike and did an effort to work a deal with them but were not willing to work those numbers. I walked away knowing the bike I wanted and started hunting the Internet. I extended my search all the way to Texas and found the best deal at Palm Bay. If a dealer doesn’t want to discuss over the phone just try somewhere else. In many cases they call you back a few hours/days later ready to talk over the phone.

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (07-03-2018)
Old 06-22-2018 | 11:41 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by lyork
Sounds like you don’t really want to buy the bike to me, I’m not trying to be antagonistic, but going to dealer and talking face to face isn’t that much of an inconviemce for 99% of us. If I had something for sale, I sure wouldn’t want to negotiate a price via the phone either....

Good luck in your search though, you might have to reach out to a dealer outside your area to get this accomplished and then go pick it up.
I wouldn't put a 99% number on that. And going to a dealer face to face is limiting YOU in possibly getting the best deal. The only face to face buying you can do is in your very immediate area, and that doesn't necessarily get you a bargain. For instance, I'm in SC. One poster in this thread got a new Limited with a $5400 discount. He was in Palm Bay, FL. UH>>>that's a long way from Charleston, SC. And how in the heck would I have known that a deal like that was available unless I used the phone?

Quick Reply: 2018 ultra classic What did you pay?