Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Woods WM8-22x cam

93/104
Screaming Eagle extreme air cleaner
Cobra pro chamber header
Rinehart moto pro 45's
Power Vision tuner
Everything else stock

This run was done with the tune sent to me as is from FM with just a few minor tweaks at idle cause the bike was trying to stall. Otherwise my guy said very little else needed to be changed. There were a few bikes ahead of mine on the dyno and there was rain plus cold moving in so I had a 100% run only done so I could get a starting point.

Did several autotune runs after I left the shop. Sent Jamie the dyno sheet plus the tune along with all my notes. He smoothed out the VE tables from my AT runs and added more timing in the midrange then sent the tune back to me. It may be several weeks before I'm able to get back on the dyno due to the cold.

Just wanted to get it out there cause there's a lot of talk about this cam at the moment.

I apologize in advance if the dyno sheet is sideways.

Attached Thumbnails Woods WM8-22x cam-scan0001.jpg  

Last edited by mmats69; 12-29-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:53 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,688 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by mmats69
93/104
Cobra pro chamber header
Rinehart moto pro 45's
Power Vision tuner
Everything else stock
So it is your basic 107 Stage II build with the 22x Woods M8 camshaft and a complete exhaust.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:04 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,854 Likes on 1,001 Posts

I think he hasn’t installed the cam yet, just considering it.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:11 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

93/104
Cobra pro chamber header
Rinehart moto pro 45's
Power Vision tuner
Everything else stock
94/104 SAE
Thank you, those numbers are in-line with two others I’ve seen. The CR450 and CR460 are getting consistently higher torque numbers, where as the 22x seems to be stuck in this lower range.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:43 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Doesn't a stock 107 M8 put out about 100 ft lbs of torque? If so, what went wrong here only gaining 4 ft lbs with everything listed? I'm no dyno/numbers expert so maybe I'm thinking wrong or am I reading the post wrong? Are those numbers what you have without the cam or with?

Old 12-29-2017, 04:06 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

This user reached out to us for some info with a copy of the fuel map he was working with and a copy of his dyno chart. The numbers are a bit lower than normal however consider it was simply a quick test by the dealer, we dont know which gear it was ran in or the specific engine temp, and the correction factor is .96 (4% negative from actual Hp/Tq); so I diddnt put too much weight in the dyno chart as its simply relative as we dont have all the info or a before/after. Nothing however appeared out of place tune wise from the basic Auto Tune runs the user did with our base map. If him or his dealer need any assistance we are happy to help.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-29-2017, 04:23 PM
mmats69
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold
I think he hasn’t installed the cam yet, just considering it.
This is the first run with the cam installed. This isn’t fully tuned.
Originally Posted by Quik
Doesn't a stock 107 M8 put out about 100 ft lbs of torque? If so, what went wrong here only gaining 4 ft lbs with everything listed? I'm no dyno/numbers expert so maybe I'm thinking wrong or am I reading the post wrong? Are those numbers what you have without the cam or with?
These are the numbers with the cam. This is just a base run to see where we were at the start.
Originally Posted by fuelmoto
This user reached out to us for some info with a copy of the fuel map he was working with and a copy of his dyno chart. The numbers are a bit lower than normal however consider it was simply a quick test by the dealer, we dont know which gear it was ran in or the specific engine temp, and the correction factor is .96 (4% negative from actual Hp/Tq); so I diddnt put too much weight in the dyno chart as its simply relative as we dont have all the info or a before/after. Nothing however appeared out of place tune wise from the basic Auto Tune runs the user did with our base map. If him or his dealer need any assistance we are happy to help.
The run was done in 6th gear. I would assume the motor was at operating temp. As stated by FM, this was a quick run because I was very limited on time. Nothing had been changed so I’m sure there is still power left on the table.

My butt dyno says I did pick up a lot of mid range. The 70 to 90 blast is much easier than before. No dropping a gear needed.

The following users liked this post:
lyork (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 04:53 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,365 Likes on 4,776 Posts

My butt dyno says I did pick up a lot of mid range. The 70 to 90 blast is much easier than before. No dropping a gear needed.
that right thar is what really matters

Old 12-29-2017, 05:19 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,854 Likes on 1,001 Posts

After I thought about it I realized that you had installed the cam, tuned with a canned map and put it on the dyno. I believe a good tune on a dyno will get you a significant increase in power. You can do the auto tune thing, but I don’t think it will get you to where a dyno tune by a good tech will.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Greg Smith
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My 22x will be here next week,
Have the 2-1-2, breather and vision
Rinehart slips
Will be glad to see the op Dyno after a professional tune for sure

Quick Reply: Woods WM8-22x cam