Sponsored by:

Stage four upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 06:19 PM
what the
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage four upgrade

I have a road glide special 2017 m8 added a stage 4 up grade by dealer i bought the bike from a year after purchase. I have an extended warranty i purchased with the bike, is the motor still under warranty?

Old 12-15-2017, 06:23 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by what the
I have a road glide special 2017 m8 added a stage 4 up grade by dealer i bought the bike from a year after purchase. I have an extended warranty i purchased with the bike, is the motor still under warranty?
If the Stage 4 parts were all Harley-Davidson parts, and the bike was tuned using the Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner, then yes, your warranty is still in full force.

However, since you had the work done a year after you bought the bike, then the Stage 4 parts have their separate warranty, and are not under the remainder of the factory two year warranty.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:25 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Yes as he said if all harley parts and tuner then will have one year on the kit and wont affect factory warranty

Old 12-16-2017, 08:46 AM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member
Received 815 Likes on 539 Posts

According to my local dealer when I ask the question. The stage 4 would not impact my factory warranty but would not be covered by the factory warranty. They would be covered by a separate 1yr parts and labor warranty if all Harley parts are used and installed by an authorized Harley tech. As for the ESP, mine is serviced by Harley and the stage 4 would not be covered under the ESP. There may be a loop hole depending on when you had the work completed. Currently parts and accessories installed by a Harley Tech during the holiday season while the bike is still covered by the factory warranty will be covered by the factory warranty. Not sure this covers motor work, might want to check with your local dealer.
Hope this helps

Old 12-16-2017, 09:47 AM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 3,261 Likes on 1,339 Posts

The way it was explained to me when I had the Stage IV installed on my 17 RK was that because I had installed BEFORE the first 60 days, the entire thing would be covered for the length of my 2 years Mfg warranty PLUS the 3 years of extended warranty. That went for the new wheel set and handlebars that I had them do for me right after I had bought it. The key was to get it all done during the first 60 days, and now it's all covered for the full 5 years.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Newfie
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

My dealer told me that everything they put on the bike with the purchase agreement would be covered by both warranties at their dealership.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:07 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Got a question then that some might ask. If the stage 4 kit was installed after the 60 days and the owner has ESP does the bottom end still be covered on the ESP for the full term. Just asking

Old 12-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrunner
Got a question then that some might ask. If the stage 4 kit was installed after the 60 days and the owner has ESP does the bottom end still be covered on the ESP for the full term. Just asking
yea the bottom end will still be covered as long as the stage 4 stuff didn' cause it to fail.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:02 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Newfie
My dealer told me that everything they put on the bike with the purchase agreement would be covered by both warranties at their dealership.
Just at their dealership? Did you get aftermarket parts installed?

Old 12-19-2017, 07:10 AM
Newfie
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

No, all SE parts. They indicated that should I break down outside of Canada there might be some issues....

Quick Reply: Stage four upgrade