Sponsored by:

REAL "warranty denied" instances

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 10:46 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
I've just read 67 posts and I'm just as confused as I was when I started. OP wanted to know how many ppl have had warranties voided due to the use of non-compliant performance parts! So, to my understanding.....is it solely non-compliant HD parts or non-compliant EPA parts (I was of the belief that it was EPA). Being if the latter is the case, are other manuf (Power Commander; TTS, Vance &H) developing EPA compliant tuners for the M8 and if not, why not? Perhaps Steve Cole could clarify this point for me. All I know for certain is that I'm not doing any mods (other than slip-ons)until this mess gets cleared up.
The consent decree from the EPA mandates that the use of non EPA compliant parts will void the warranty. As far as EPA approved aftermarket parts that's still up to HD weather or not they want to warranty them or not. The HD warranty states that "the use of Non HD approved parts can and will void the warranty. EPA compliant or not doesn't matter. If it's not an HD part and they don't want to cover it, they don't have to. Yes aftermarket companies are developing tunes that are EPA compliant, that will help in states that do or will have emissions testing on motorcycles, but it won't help with the warranty.

The following users liked this post:
roadkinglobo (12-01-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 12:02 PM
<G Man>
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
If you're who I think you are, you're an old timer at V-Twin forums.
Is it slowing down over there? Everytime I go there not much happening..

Yes, it is pretty slow. Rash of bannings seemed to have something to do with it.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:12 PM
<G Man>
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
So you are saying that because threads have been hijacked in the past it is OK to hijack them now?

Yeah, that makes sense.....

I said nothing of hijacking threads and I did not hijack this one.

Drift is not the same as a hijack. Do you really need an explanation of that? Drift is natural, just like train of thought. One thing leads to another. The longer a thread goes on, the farther it may tend to get from the original topic. You may want to go back and read the thread from the beginning to see where it became derailed.

What is even worse than drifting and hijacking is people posting absolutely false and/or made up information. That shitt has a tendency to make these forums less useful and occasionally needs to be called out as such.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

Originally Posted by <G Man>
Yes, it is pretty slow. Rash of bannings seemed to have something to do with it.
Welp, you're a good poster and glad to see you joined the circus here, not much on bannings but a lot of holding your nose as you browse.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by <G Man>
That started back in '07- ish when they came down on the Doof Clenas (47). It just killed all the fun and the banning went crazy. I stopped by the other day for the first time in years and was amazed how dead it was. It was fun in its heyday.

One interesting thing I noticed is virtually no M8 Softail chit chat. Nobody complaining, nobody excited, no debates...It's almost like it didn't happen. Gives it a quaint retro vibe.

Nobody taking about warranty.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:23 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,416 Likes on 1,584 Posts

I checked and the warranty on this thread was denied, for lack of MOCO approval before posting.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:18 AM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff
I checked and the warranty on this thread was denied, for lack of MOCO approval before posting.
Sheff since the warranty has been denied by the MoCo, I am going to go completely off topic here... a little dead around Lemonville these days? Talk about no warranty!

Old 12-02-2017, 02:22 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
There's a gal posting in here recently that had a blown motor denied over slip-on's, her & hubby where not happy campers.
Yo that was a stage million(V) Twin Cam being rung out from stoplight to stop light like a 2 stroke GP bike ,with aftermarket stuff on it!

Old 12-02-2017, 11:04 AM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,416 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalHDMC
Sheff since the warranty has been denied by the MoCo, I am going to go completely off topic here... a little dead around Lemonville these days? Talk about no warranty!
Always dead around Lemonville - Google it - it's a ghost town.
As far as a thread drifting, HD threads don't drift, they Counter-steer.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:28 AM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff
Always dead around Lemonville - Google it - it's a ghost town.
As far as a thread drifting, HD threads don't drift, they Counter-steer.
Exactly why I used the 'dead' euphemism! Old lumber town if I remember correctly. It is funny we learned to hang the rear end out in V8, rear wheel drive vehicles when we were young. Counter steering was just something we learned to do, and now the kids call it drifting. 😂

Quick Reply: REAL "warranty denied" instances