Sponsored by:

REAL "warranty denied" instances

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 09:26 PM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Randol
Do you suppose the dealers are disclosing voided warranty's on used bikes?
It is said there is no such thing as a stupid question, but this comes pretty close.......

YMMV

Lon

Old 11-29-2017, 09:26 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Yup, my happy hand has seldom been happier...
Cannot begin to list the stuff I trashed on the old shovel with Mr. Happy Hand, old habits took to the new bike real well unfortunately

Old 11-29-2017, 09:31 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Cannot begin to list the stuff I trashed on the old shovel with Mr. Happy Hand, old habits took to the new bike real well unfortunately
I had to make the font big to read what you wrote lol

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 09:34 PM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
All this said, I didn't buy the bike for the warranty, and as a bike I'm very happy with it even considering the compliance requirements. Warrantees have been voided many times before the M8 so there's no guarantees. If the motor goes south after the ESP I'll be knocking on Steve Cole's door with my money jar and we'll dig into it and have some fun hopefully.
Exactly!

Old 11-29-2017, 09:50 PM
<G Man>
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
To the point of voiding Magnuson-Moss. THAT, if I am not mistaken was a law duly passed by congress and signed by the president. I think that if anyone were to challenge it in court, they would prevail. That being said, who's got that kinda money? I think that is what they are counting on.

To the second point, don't kid yourself....You think Harley didn't know what they were doing when they negotiated into the deal that the EPA would "require" them to do it when Harley voided your warranty for a NON-HARLEY part?????? PUHLEEEEZZEEE

YMMV

Lon

Magnusson-Moss has nothing to do with performance enhancing parts.

John Kyle (12-05-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 09:53 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,683 Likes on 1,669 Posts

I do not think that HD should pay for things if you screw around with it, but they have known problems they are not fixing that they should be covering until they get around to fixing them. To that end, I also mean if the warranty runs out and they have not provided a proven fix for sumping and transmission transfer it should be on them to fix it, even after the 2 year coverage is done!

The BS deals they are running now is only going to ruin the MoCo if they do not wake up soon.

The following 5 users liked this post by Steve Cole:
103Eagle (11-30-2017), betho61 (03-03-2018), Eccool (11-30-2017), mjwebb (11-29-2017), SWMB (11-30-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by <G Man>
Magnusson-Moss has nothing to do with performance enhancing parts.
I would beg to differ. It states (paraphrasing) that if the installed part did not cause the failure, the warranty must be honored.

As an example, if a bike had aftermarket slipons installed, and had a valve guide failure. There is no way in hell that the slipons cause a valve guide to fail, therefore the warranty is to be intact, FOR THAT REPAIR.

YMMV

Lon

Old 11-29-2017, 10:43 PM
Kyle Moore
Road Master
Received 224 Likes on 153 Posts

I'm so glad the Obama EPA is dead....out of control was an understatement. Remember they were trying to implement a policy last year that would of made turning your old mustang into a race car illegal, and they also went after the diesel industry and sued EDGE for selling emissions defeating software, which scared all the other tuner manufacturers off. This whole thing isn't reall MoCo's fault if you ask me, they obviously made the best of it, which is their job to do, but had the EPA not sued over a few race tuners then we wouldn't have any of this mess. I still love my M8 though, but I'm voiding my warranty if I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't have any issues. So far so good!!

Old 11-29-2017, 11:36 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,350 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
I do not think that HD should pay for things if you screw around with it, but they have known problems they are not fixing that they should be covering until they get around to fixing them. To that end, I also mean if the warranty runs out and they have not provided a proven fix for sumping and transmission transfer it should be on them to fix it, even after the 2 year coverage is done!

The BS deals they are running now is only going to ruin the MoCo if they do not wake up soon.
amen...it's about doing the right thing if they care enough about their continuing success..which they wouldn't have had any at all if it wasn't for their generations of loyal customers

Old 11-30-2017, 12:07 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by purpledeuce
But how is your vision? lol
Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Got the hairy palms now too...

purpledeuce (11-30-2017)

Quick Reply: REAL "warranty denied" instances