Stage 1 with Rinehart Motopro 45's

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 07:47 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 429 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by HDBRATT
I went with the Tab performance 4" with zombie baffles....they arrive this week and I can't wait. Had rineharts on my 09 rk . So I am really looking forward to hearing these pipes in person.
Interested in hearing your opinion of these slipons. Something I have been considering.
Also thinking about the stock mufflers with the Fullsac OEM RE-CORE KIT. Hoping someone can chime in on these too.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:27 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

After another 100 miles I'm pretty sure I'll be putting the stock muffs back on. At least for a while while I regroup. Too bad cause I love the look of these pipes and love the sound at idle and highway cruising but going through the gears or down shifting not so much. The bike feels a bit sluggish compared to stock as well. I realize the SE tuner and SE breather I have not installed yet may fix some or all of that and I'm tempted to go ahead, but I don't think it would change the overall sound. I was hoping to avoid this trial and error exercise but I'm in it none the less.

Last edited by GliderXXX; 11-28-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:06 AM
Clutched
Tourer
Received 109 Likes on 57 Posts

I put a Full Exhaust Rinehart Slimline Duals Arlen Ness Big Sucker An had it Dynoed With a Power Vision.My Bike runs a lot Better.No more Squished Pipe underneath like stock or like the Vance an Hines Dresser Duals I had on my Street glide.Rinehart Puts a full Diameter Pipe underneath.Not a big fan of just Slip ons.Get rid of those Cats an That Heavy Exhust.Bike Dynos Much better with full Exhaust.No this 107 is not as loud as my 103 but sounds dam Good.No more RevLimiter after the Dyno Bike Runs good Will walk my old 103 SG with Ease.I know this because my Buddy Bought my old bike An we ride together.I like this new Bike a lot Runs an Handles Great.

Attached Thumbnails Stage 1 with Rinehart Motopro 45's-bike3.jpg  
Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,526 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
After another 100 miles I'm pretty sure I'll be putting the stock muffs back on. At least for a while while I regroup. Too bad cause I love the look of these pipes and love the sound at idle and highway cruising but going through the gears or down shifting not so much. The bike feels a bit sluggish compared to stock as well. I realize the SE tuner and SE breather I have not installed yet may fix some or all of that and I'm tempted to go ahead, but I don't think it would change the overall sound. I was hoping to avoid this trial and error exercise but I'm in it none the less.
What about the sound while going through the gears dont you like? I have the S&S MK 45's on my bike and LOVE the sound of them, just not loud enough for me. lol Once I get a cat-less header and cam that too will be fixed.

And yes, I think completing the stage 1 would remedy the sluggish feeling the bike has.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:49 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

I've been thru three sets of slip ons trying to find "the sound" I like best. I keep coming back to my Street Cannons with the two piece, slanted end caps (the blunt and Defiance end caps makes for a totally different sound, which I hate). I'm going to try the Magnaflows next, then probably go ahead and de-cat the pipe and change cams.

As far as the sluggish power with the Rhineharts...I totally get that, I had that very problem with the RCX's with Stage 1. Could an Autotune fix that? Maybe, but if you can feel that you've lost power, why stay with them? Especially if you're not satisfied with the sound.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:31 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lyork
I've been thru three sets of slip ons trying to find "the sound" I like best. I keep coming back to my Street Cannons with the two piece, slanted end caps (the blunt and Defiance end caps makes for a totally different sound, which I hate). I'm going to try the Magnaflows next, then probably go ahead and de-cat the pipe and change cams.

As far as the sluggish power with the Rhineharts...I totally get that, I had that very problem with the RCX's with Stage 1. Could an Autotune fix that? Maybe, but if you can feel that you've lost power, why stay with them? Especially if you're not satisfied with the sound.
Yeah...pretty much nailed it. The fact that the stage 1 with the RCX pipes didn't fix your issue further confirms my suspicions.
I'm still not sure why the Street Cannons performance would be any different from other 4.5" mufflers with 2.5" baffles though. Do they perform as good or better than stock mufflers?
At the end of the day the one thing I was not willing to accept was a decrease in performance on this stellar stock configured Harley. I really only wanted a richer but not loud or boomy sound with some nice aesthetics. In fact if the stock mufflers were nice looking I would have never changed them.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:35 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by teedoff65
What about the sound while going through the gears dont you like? I have the S&S MK 45's on my bike and LOVE the sound of them, just not loud enough for me. lol Once I get a cat-less header and cam that too will be fixed.

And yes, I think completing the stage 1 would remedy the sluggish feeling the bike has.
I don't care for the overly deep baritone so much or the deep baritone when downshifting.
Everything I read about the MK45's should have convinced me to buy them. I do not want loud pipes, just better or as good performance with hopefully a richer sound and improved looks.
Do you have stage 1 with your Mk's? How do they perform over stock?

Old 11-29-2017, 10:04 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
I don't care for the overly deep baritone so much or the deep baritone when downshifting.
Everything I read about the MK45's should have convinced me to buy them. I do not want loud pipes, just better or as good performance with hopefully a richer sound and improved looks.
Do you have stage 1 with your Mk's? How do they perform over stock?
I understand. Sound is subjective, so what one person likes, another may hate. lol

Yes I do have the stage 1. Installed myself and like I said before. I did notice some sluggishness when I first tuned it. But then ran a few auto tunes and the bike was back to where it was. I might be imagining it, but I think after riding it a few more hundred miles after that, the bike got even stronger and sounded even better.

Again, as far as any noticeable power loss with my stage 1 and slip on setup, I can't really comment. I rode the bike stock maybe 200 miles the first week I got it, then my pipes came in and dealer installed them. I will say if the bike does have any power loss, it's really strong and I dont mind that kind of loss. lol I have to catch myself sometimes, especially with gloves, to hold on on take offs. I've lost my grip before. lol

I do have a couple of videos of them if you want to listen.

One short one just idling with some throttle twists. The other one is a 5 minute ride with the goPro mounted on the back fender. Trying to get that one uploaded to youtube now.

The following users liked this post:
EdsRoadGlide2017 (12-01-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 12:08 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Here is the long video if interested. Gives a little better idea of how they sound while riding. Sorry it's so long amd disregard the rattling you might hear around the 3 minute mark. lol I had a 10lb dumbbell in my right saddlebag at the time.

The following users liked this post:
EdsRoadGlide2017 (12-01-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Badbagger09
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I put the MK 45s on my 2017 SGS and keep the bike with stock air cleaner and no download. Bike runs fine, get 45 miles per gallon and it definitely sounds better than stock.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 with Rinehart Motopro 45's