Trans, there is a fix !

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 07:20 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Talking Right on!

Originally Posted by mjwebb
that would be great, we've all found this problem 'baffling' for almost a year now, and obviously HD has been 'baffled' by it up until now. hopefully all this 'bafflement' has come to an end
Excellently & elegantly stated, Bro!

Old 10-19-2017, 07:52 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

l
Originally Posted by jgos929
Jeezus that was hard to read. I’m amazed at folks that still don’t have some form of spellcheck.
If you can'y figure that out then you need to go back to school.
By the way I do have spell check, didn't know i was back in High School but I know there is a bunch of smart azz people like you. LOL

The following 2 users liked this post by Tn.Heritage:
luc.who (11-11-2017), Zeke 666 (10-20-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Tennessee, could you give us the part #’s for this, or provide a link to the fiche page that breaks this down? Myself and many others would like to take a closer look.

Thanks for the post.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:29 AM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
that would be great, we've all found this problem 'baffling' for almost a year now, and obviously HD has been 'baffled' by it up until now. hopefully all this 'bafflement' has come to an end
Priceless! But still funny.

The following users liked this post:
GFVIII (10-23-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 08:34 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

I have to ask the obvious. If this was the problem then why do we have 10 different new oil pumps being designed and why are people getting the new pumps... Seems to go against everything we've learned and know to date.

jgos929 (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 08:39 AM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
l
If you can'y figure that out then you need to go back to school.
By the way I do have spell check, didn't know i was back in High School but I know there is a bunch of smart azz people like you. LOL

If you had it then you would have used it. The sad thing is when you misspell a word on this forum it either corrects it for you or underlines it in red to let you know its misspelled and you just flat out ignored that. My guess is you ignored it because you thought it was correct. Misspelling and speaking like that just shows unintelligence and makes you look bad.

But I guess I'm the one that needs to go back to school

I'm glad you think you found a cure for the trans issue but I find it hard to believe that someone in the MoCo that knows of a fix wouldn't move it up the chain especially after MoCo sent out a bulletin on the issue with no fix at all. Weird

Old 10-19-2017, 09:14 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by jgos929
If you had it then you would have used it. The sad thing is when you misspell a word on this forum it either corrects it for you or underlines it in red to let you know its misspelled and you just flat out ignored that. My guess is you ignored it because you thought it was correct. Misspelling and speaking like that just shows unintelligence and makes you look bad.

But I guess I'm the one that needs to go back to school

I'm glad you think you found a cure for the trans issue but I find it hard to believe that someone in the MoCo that knows of a fix wouldn't move it up the chain especially after MoCo sent out a bulletin on the issue with no fix at all. Weird
Look, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you over my spelling. I'm what I am. I shorted some words which was to shorten a longer story than I usually tell. If I wanted to be perfect like you,( ) then I'd go back to school, thanks for the advice though.

Anywho () The baffle fix is just starting, the 1st one was done on the CVO from the guy I know. The 2nd bike was from Pigeon Forge. (Rocky Top HD), thats all I know.

prowler58 (10-30-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 09:17 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
I have to ask the obvious. If this was the problem then why do we have 10 different new oil pumps being designed and why are people getting the new pumps... Seems to go against everything we've learned and know to date.
Sorry, this isn't about the oil pumps, this is about the trans. issue transferring the fluid.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:36 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,683 Likes on 1,669 Posts

It would be nice if they really have a fix but the factory rep put the supposed fix in mine about two weeks back, they told me I was the first to get it, said it was fixed. When I rode the bike about 18 miles and parked it, then checked the fluid it was down 4 oz again! Bike returned to dealer and HD contacted again and told dealer to add more fluid and return to customer. I contacted HD and said that's not going to cut it now after the supposed fix and were just back to adding fluid. The buyback process has started on Monday for mine.

103Eagle (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 09:42 AM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Look, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you over my spelling. I'm what I am. I shorted some words which was to shorten a longer story than I usually tell. If I wanted to be perfect like you,( ) then I'd go back to school, thanks for the advice though.

Anywho () The baffle fix is just starting, the 1st one was done on the CVO from the guy I know. The 2nd bike was from Pigeon Forge. (Rocky Top HD), thats all I know.
NO disrespect here but....if you know this guy that well ..........

THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM FINDING OUT THE EXACT PART NUMBERS OR RELATED INFO THAT IS MORE SPECIFIC.........

I am not saying I doubt what your saying, just doubt that what you are saying is actually what was done.......if what you say is correct, the MOCO has not issued a TSB or alerted all dealers of this 'FIX"??????

Eagle Out

Last edited by 103Eagle; 10-19-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Trans, there is a fix !