Sponsored by:

Transmission fluid transfer service bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 07:35 PM
Porkwrice
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
I tend to get hostile when jackasses like you try to back me into a corner to make me look stupid. I never said it was the fault of the rider. I said I believed that it had a lot to do with how the bike is ridden. Ride in the friction zone a lot? You’re gonna get transfer. Ride at high rpm a lot? You’re gonna get transfer. Will others get it too? Probably some will, but based on what I’ve seen, and experienced, rider input matters. I’m not saying baby your bike, God knows I don’t, I’m saying that it is my belief that rider input matters. It’s not a conclusion, it’s a belief. The HD engineers are struggling with it so I seriously doubt that I’ll figure it out. You happy now smart ***?
Lol....yeah man....soooo just to be clear...it’s not the riders fault.....it’s the input of the rider being the culprit?......ahhhhhhh now we are getting somewhere....lol.....now go take your meds so u get through the rest of the day.....

Old 06-24-2019, 07:40 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkwrice
Lol....yeah man....soooo just to be clear...it’s not the riders fault.....it’s the input of the rider being the culprit?......ahhhhhhh now we are getting somewhere....lol.....now go take your meds so u get through the rest of the day.....
Jesus you’re annoying. Don’t you have a derby cover to mutilate?

Old 06-24-2019, 11:50 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by Skayy
What about consequential damages because we drove many miles with too little oil? Too little oil in the gearbox has increased wear and tear.
what about personal responsibility and checking your own oil before you go for a ride? especially, if you know that your bike is transferring oil?

The following users liked this post:
BrandonSmith (06-25-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 11:57 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Supergo
Today I called Harley Customer Service directly and confirmed with them that you do not have to take it to an authorized Harley Dealer, however, it’s recommended. While on the phone I told them what the dealer said so she said please hold.......she called the dealer I was referring to and spoke with them. They refuse to work on my bike. They claim somewhere on the door/wall/service sign there is a disclaimer that you “have to do your 1k service through them” for them to do any warranty work.

Unbelievable customer service on the dealer
then you need to let everyone know the name of the dealer. i would also get with the ftc and let them know that this dealer is in flagrant violation of the mmwa. might not do anything, but then again, it might. unless the dealer is including the first service, free of charge, with every bike sold.

Thanks, I just ordered from Surdyke. Not gonna play the back and forth game with the dealers. By the time you bring it in, check the levels, go back and check, make appointment, etc...I'll just put it on myself. Its a damn shame Harley is dragging their feet, and even bigger shame they have dealers who wont help their customers.

just got the vent installed on the wife's bike. hers was transferring. mine wasn't. i didn't have to do all the jumping through hoops. i checked the oil as instructed in the owner's manual, saw that the level was low, called them the next morning, told them it had been 700 miles since her service and her transmission was low, 'i suspect that she is having migration issues, can i bring it in?' said yep, bring it on over, and two hours later, done.

Last edited by skratch; 06-25-2019 at 12:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
skid_pimp (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 01:31 AM
Porkwrice
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Jesus you’re annoying. Don’t you have a derby cover to mutilate?
LMAO....derby cover to mutilate....lol....oh man. Maybe if I put a Harley Davidson emblem on it and charged you $400 dollars to put it on you would be into it? Ahhh whatever, like I said in that post...”there aren’t too many people that are into the manly/industrial/functional look”, and you sir/ma’am (since you probably identify as a female) fall into this category. Now go clean your vag out with all your my little pony pals.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:38 AM
Supergo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skratch
then you need to let everyone know the name of the dealer. i would also get with the ftc and let them know that this dealer is in flagrant violation of the mmwa. might not do anything, but then again, it might. unless the dealer is including the first service, free of charge, with every bike sold.

just got the vent installed on the wife's bike. hers was transferring. mine wasn't. i didn't have to do all the jumping through hoops. i checked the oil as instructed in the owner's manual, saw that the level was low, called them the next morning, told them it had been 700 miles since her service and her transmission was low, 'i suspect that she is having migration issues, can i bring it in?' said yep, bring it on over, and two hours later, done.
Very different levels of customer service from the dealers out there!

Spitzies in Albany NY is where I’m having issues. This is the 4th Harley I bought from this place, however, they were just recently bought and under new owners. This is the first bike I bought from the new owners.

The three previous bikes all came with the 1k included at whatever price you negotiated.

Fast forward to this bike bike and I asked if the first service was included and they said no. How much i inquired? $425-$475ish I cant remember exactly but that was with just regular oil not synthetic.

I called another dealer just to find out what they charge for the 1k and they said $180 for labor plus your oil/filter/o rings. So figure $100+/- for supplies?

They are inflating the 1K service big time.

Harley Customers Service rep said they are independent owners and are free to do this.....despite it being bad business practice.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:00 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

they are free to charge whatever they want for the service, but requiring that you have them do it is not just bad business practice, it is illegal.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:29 AM
Supergo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skratch
they are free to charge whatever they want for the service, but requiring that you have them do it is not just bad business practice, it is illegal.
1k service for M8 is $398 for regular oil. Synthetic extra. Just called to verify.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:33 AM
SluggoMagoo
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Very different levels of customer service from the dealers out there!

Spitzies in Albany NY is where I’m having issues. This is the 4th Harley I bought from this place, however, they were just recently bought and under new owners. This is the first bike I bought from the new owners.

The three previous bikes all came with the 1k included at whatever price you negotiated.

Fast forward to this bike bike and I asked if the first service was included and they said no. How much i inquired? $425-$475ish I cant remember exactly but that was with just regular oil not synthetic.

I called another dealer just to find out what they charge for the 1k and they said $180 for labor plus your oil/filter/o rings. So figure $100+/- for supplies?

They are inflating the 1K service big time.

Harley Customers Service rep said they are independent owners and are free to do this.....despite it being bad business practice.
Free interval service!?!? That's unheard of around these parts. BTW Spitzies was bough by Sheldon's of Auburn, Ma who just inked a buy out of TSI Harley Davidson of Ellington, CT about a mile from me. They're now called Old School Harley Davidson. I got my 2016 street bob from them last year. I picked up my 2017 RG M8 from Southampton Harley the end of January, A month later the GM, Service Manager, and parts manager left the ship. The new GM there is a little frosty. I won't take my bike back there. The service center in Ellington, CT has my confidence. Bill the service adviser is great.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Supergo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SluggoMagoo
Free interval service!?!? That's unheard of around these parts. BTW Spitzies was bough by Sheldon's of Auburn, Ma who just inked a buy out of TSI Harley Davidson of Ellington, CT about a mile from me. They're now called Old School Harley Davidson. I got my 2016 street bob from them last year. I picked up my 2017 RG M8 from Southampton Harley the end of January, A month later the GM, Service Manager, and parts manager left the ship. The new GM there is a little frosty. I won't take my bike back there. The service center in Ellington, CT has my confidence. Bill the service adviser is great.
Not a free 1k, they built it into the negotiated price. Yeah I met one of the new owners when I bought the bike.

Quick Reply: Transmission fluid transfer service bulletin