The heat is gone

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 07:52 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Nope, bought everything from them. When I asked about warranty they said Harley has had a disclaimer about warranty since the 70's and some dealerships may give grief but this one would not.
Hope they keep their word. Well hope you never have yo find out.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 874 Likes on 524 Posts

My dealer promised the same thing if they installed V&H head pipe, slip on and SE breather with a PV tune. They said they had my back and I do believe they would.
I would have had the work done but I bought the bike with the intentions to tour. I could not risk having my power train warranty revoked if I had a problem while travelling.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:23 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Great to have your dealer if you only bar hop. Hit the road and break down 3 states away. Where is that dealer willing to comment fraud? So as long as you only ride local they are willing to eat it and lie to HD. Must be a great bunch of criminals you just bought your bike from.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:08 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
Great to have your dealer if you only bar hop. Hit the road and break down 3 states away. Where is that dealer willing to comment fraud? So as long as you only ride local they are willing to eat it and lie to HD. Must be a great bunch of criminals you just bought your bike from.
I have frequented many HD shops throughout my riding time and one of the key reasons I bought from this dealership is their staff. Same lead salesman for at least 10 years. Same for parts manager. Service department manager the same. They are the go to place for parts and most often have what I need in stock vs most other shops having to order. I ride my bikes regularly on multi state trips and the only breakdown I have ever encountered have been rear tire flats. Sure, the warranty is peace of mind on a nearly 30K investment and a newly designed powerplant makes makes it all the more comforting. I have never bought a bike and not made it what I wanted it to be regardless of the ramifications. No need to go on any more, just stressing why if you or anyone else saw me they would think DILLIGAF.

The following users liked this post:
fourburgs (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 06:47 AM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 874 Likes on 524 Posts

I detect a bit or bitterness in psyshacks response.
If you trust your dealer to stand behind you remember that some matters have to get push up to mother harley. That's why I did not do a non compliant stage 1 with my dealer.
Great people and when they said they have my back I could take that to the bank.
My enthusiasm almost overwhelmed my common sense and this was back around the 1st of the year when a lot was not known about the affects of the EPA decree on warranty work.

Old 10-07-2017, 07:23 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by Redrodyankneck
I detect a bit or bitterness in psyshacks response.
Not at all bitter towards anyone and I suspect that was ascertained by my DILLIGAF statement. Simply the way I feel about my decisions as I am the one that has to live with them. Nobody sold me on anything, any bike or bike part/modification I have ever made. I would also add that every modification I have ever made came out at least as good as I hoped it would. So far so good on this one and I smile with every twist of the throttle.