Sponsored by:

2018 Shield tank emblem part#s

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 06:34 AM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 315 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
you do realize that you probably just screwed over the person that ended up buying that cvo? Let's say they an accident and need tank badges...it comes up on Harley's computer that they've already sold them a second set. Don't think they're going to have a hard time getting parts for a bike they legitimately paid for that you figured out a way to steal? And everybody's ok with this??? I made mention of getting a manual on line instead paying HD's inflated prices and got persecuted for it and now you guys are just stealing parts and nobody's saying a word? Bullshit...you're a dirt bag and so is anyone else who pulls this obviously wrong crap. Don't bother responding what you did and now promoting are indefensible...karma. Where are the mods on this one...took down the link to the online manuals in a matter of minutes.
I agree 100% they are all Mother f-ckers that think stealing is ok

Old 10-28-2017, 06:42 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,718 Likes on 890 Posts

Lying... Sure. Stealing, I don't think so.

Again, neither is a quality worth bragging about.

For the record, and my own reputation, I asked for the part number so maybe I could seek an alternate method of acquiring one. No harm in asking a friend with the exact bike, I wouldn't think.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:01 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 437 Likes on 292 Posts
Default badges

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
you do realize that you probably just screwed over the person that ended up buying that cvo? Let's say they an accident and need tank badges...it comes up on Harley's computer that they've already sold them a second set. Don't think they're going to have a hard time getting parts for a bike they legitimately paid for that you figured out a way to steal? And everybody's ok with this??? I made mention of getting a manual on line instead paying HD's inflated prices and got persecuted for it and now you guys are just stealing parts and nobody's saying a word? Bullshit...you're a dirt bag and so is anyone else who pulls this obviously wrong crap. Don't bother responding what you did and now promoting are indefensible...karma. Where are the mods on this one...took down the link to the online manuals in a matter of minutes.
if the bike goes down hard enough to kill the badges just think what a new fuel tank will cost oh yea and the rest of the damage also

Old 10-28-2017, 09:07 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,075 Likes on 2,037 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan D.
Lying... Sure. Stealing, I don't think so.

Again, neither is a quality worth bragging about.

For the record, and my own reputation, I asked for the part number so maybe I could seek an alternate method of acquiring one. No harm in asking a friend with the exact bike, I wouldn't think.
if you have a friend willing to help you out that's one thing but to say this isn't stealing you're wrong...definition of stealing "taking another person's property without permission or legal right" you don't think lifting a vin off an unsold bike is stealin? Sure seams to fit the definition. Let's say you don't think it's stealing at least put yourself in the poor bastard's shoes that bought the bike he lifted the vin from...how pissed would you be after spending 40k +?

Old 10-28-2017, 09:16 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,718 Likes on 890 Posts

I'm not going to argue with you, wrong is wrong... But I find it interesting how they managed to "beat the system".

Just playing devil's advocate, but I'm sure that individual who purchased the CVO would still be entitled to buy anything they wish... Since they are the rightful owner. Can't image you're only allowed one single badge purchase per customer.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:20 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Just curious, are CVO VIN's limited to the number of items, badges etc that can be purchased? This guy used another VIN to get his badges so if who ever buys the CVO wanted to buy a set would he be denied because someone already bought a set? I can't imagine HD would turn down money by saying you can only buy 1 set per VIN. Not taking up for the guy or criticising him, just wondering.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:22 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 437 Likes on 292 Posts

I am sure they made more than 1 set per bike and people will steal at any opportunity just let the boss have to go to a meeting or slip off to call someone or have to smoke and bottle *** around ,notice I didn't use profanity or call any one directly a thief to get my view across

Old 10-28-2017, 09:59 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I have to agree with Screamin Beagle. Getting these fraudulently could well turn out to really screw the guy who pays up to buy the CVO at some time. The biker society sure has changed over the years. Bikers were known not to deliberately screw over another biker, seems that all has changed. Take a chance and screw the other guy just as long as I get what I want now. Screwin over the MoCo is one thing but this has to potential to screw over the guy who pays big money for his CVO. God help the guy who uses my VIN to get an emblem if I need one sometime.....
I too agree with Screamin Beagle. So people have no shame in lying. To me its almost as bad as stealing.

Originally Posted by talkingrock
if the bike goes down hard enough to kill the badges just think what a new fuel tank will cost oh yea and the rest of the damage also
A guy hit my rear saddlebag with his hwy peg on my 17 CVO. You can not buy the paint, the bag had to be replaced. Cost the guy 1165.00 dollars. I had to have my VIN, and had to give HD my damaged bag back,

Old 10-28-2017, 10:51 PM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 315 Likes on 132 Posts

That's what is wrong with the world today, You guys steal and don't think you did anything wrong and try to justify it.

Old 10-29-2017, 02:27 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,578 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan D.
What is that, gloss black? Can you post the part numbers?

Edit: this is actually the one I'm interested in.

Is that red or orange?

Quick Reply: 2018 Shield tank emblem part#s