Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Gunship Gray CVO SG

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 656 Likes on 342 Posts

Great looking bike. I think Harley is crazy with there prices now a days and the new CVO's really reflect that. There even bat sh$t crazy with the new Softail prices. Its funny they say there trying to bring in the younger crowd to increase sale. But what 20 year old has $40k sitting around for a motorcycle?? Hell what 20 year old even has $20k sitting around for a motorcycle? Not many and there not going to be financing either!!! Lol

Old 09-11-2017, 08:32 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,496 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Great looking bike. I think Harley is crazy with there prices now a days and the new CVO's really reflect that. There even bat sh$t crazy with the new Softail prices. Its funny they say there trying to bring in the younger crowd to increase sale. But what 20 year old has $40k sitting around for a motorcycle?? Hell what 20 year old even has $20k sitting around for a motorcycle? Not many and there not going to be financing either!!! Lol
Honestly, its more the early 30 somethings that harley would be more interested. Out of college, probably already making decent money and with established credit. If they can rope that demographic in every decade, they can sustain their business model.

Maybe not as well as 25 years ago, with ever increasing prices, but the older Harley crowd cant keep them going much longer.

Last edited by teedoff65; 09-11-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:23 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

MAn! I know... I am trying to figure out how I am going to pay for my son's motorcycle

Old 09-11-2017, 04:53 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 591 Likes on 358 Posts

I hated the gunship gray when I saw the dealer show. Then I saw it at the dealer in the sun light. I love it, and own the Road Glide version.
Badass bike Dave. Congrats!

Old 09-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 656 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Honestly, its more the early 30 somethings that harley would be more interested. Out of college, probably already making decent money and with established credit. If they can rope that demographic in every decade, they can sustain their business model.

Maybe not as well as 25 years ago, with ever increasing prices, but the older Harley crowd cant keep them going much longer.
That's still a lot of coin even for a 30 something! Hell that's a lot of coin for any age unless your rich. I just think there prices are absolutely crazy. Nice bikes there coming out with for sure but the pricing is way off. Nothing on that bike as nice as it is adds up too $45k otd no way!!! Do you know the cars you can buy for that kind of money??

I should add I mean I know there's people that are not rich that can technically afford that bike too. I know I can. But its a toy. How many people are going to chose that over a nicer car or truck with a normal salary?? So unless your wealthy and money is burning holes in your pocket that's a steep price too swallow. That bike for the money isn't going to give you a different ridding experience then the Street glide or Street glide special. In the end its more of a status symbol then anything.

Last edited by Zakk13; 09-11-2017 at 05:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wachuko (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 07:57 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,981 Likes on 2,364 Posts

Originally Posted by wachuko
Love everything about that CVO Road Glide... Congratulations and enjoy it in good health.

I am going to stay the hell away from the dealer to avoid doing something really stupid.
Thanks. I'm glad to be back on a road glide. I really do love the bike, and its look.

Originally Posted by mjwebb
agree, we're more visibility conscience these days..wife and I both have Laguna Orange and those big orange trike fenders coming down the road helps a lot..also have upgraded lighting...I do really like the gunship gray tho, saw one at a dealership..just something about that paint color that looks real classy for lack of a better word
I say understated elegance. It really is classy, thanks.

Originally Posted by HD_fan
Badass bike Dave. Congrats!
Thanks

That's still a lot of coin even for a 30 something! Hell that's a lot of coin for any age unless your rich. I just think there prices are absolutely crazy. Nice bikes there coming out with for sure but the pricing is way off. Nothing on that bike as nice as it is adds up too $45k otd no way!!! Do you know the cars you can buy for that kind of money??

I should add I mean I know there's people that are not rich that can technically afford that bike too. I know I can. But its a toy. How many people are going to chose that over a nicer car or truck with a normal salary?? So unless your wealthy and money is burning holes in your pocket that's a steep price too swallow. That bike for the money isn't going to give you a different ridding experience then the Street glide or Street glide special. In the end its more of a status symbol then anything.
Not now, but when I bought my First CVO, in 09 it cost double that of my wife's Impala. It also cost more than my pick up. Until this year my bikes always cost more then my truck.

I spend more time on my bike than in my truck. My truck is a necessity, and to do a job. My bike is my hobby, my relaxation, and my mode to travel and see the country.

Yes it gives you more than just a Road Glide special. I'm on my 6th CVO. You get a lot more back when you trade it in 2 years also.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:37 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,465 Likes on 757 Posts

Dave, no explanation is necessary, that bike rocks!

Old 11-12-2019, 11:44 PM
jcr1800
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Might just be me but if it was chromed out like CVOs use to be i think the bike would look much better. They are way over priced. I bought a 10 a couple months ago. While i fought in my head for two weeks over the cost. One ride and the fight was gone. They are great biked! Its my 10th HD and my last. Its by far the best bike i have ever been on. I told myself for years the were just way to much money. No matter how good they looked. Lifes to short. If its what you want might as well do it. Nobody gives you tomorrow. Go for it and enjoy i say.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:36 AM
Rick's Ultra
Road Master
Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

I remember the first time we saw one at the dealership, it caught my wifes eye right away. I really liked the Gunship Gray color as well as the blacked out details. It reminded me of changing the paint scheme on our f-14's from gloss dove gray on top and white on the bottoms to a tactical flat gray with subdued markings everywhere else right before desert storm. I suggested she go over and look at the sticker price as I had an idea due to the CVO markings. Needless to say she was shocked and exclaimed, "That is more than we paid for your Tundra.

Still like the color though.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:37 AM
Birdog
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I like it. Reminds me of my days in the Navy.

Quick Reply: New Gunship Gray CVO SG