Sponsored by:

2018 CVO seat part #?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Originally Posted by CVO SG
I have a stock SG seat I used at 1st because the CVO seat wasnt as comfortable for me and I liked my SG backrest. It also fits a little different from my CVO seat and passenger pillon at the tank and rear fender. Didnt want any rub marks on the tank and fender as I thought Id be swapping the seats back and forth depending on road trip, so I put the 3M clear paint protector film on those areas and trimmed to fit the contact areas for each seat. Looks just like the clear film on the side covers.
That's a good idea, I wish I thought of that but didn't really have any plans on changing the seat til I saw this one, oh well, my marks are not that bad.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:27 AM
FunnelCake Combo
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Opinions on the 370 Seat for a Charcoal Denim Road King Special

trying to decide if I should go with it or possibly the 52000368 which has a lot less orange..

does anyone have any good pics of the 368 ???

I also like the 2016 CVO design all black for my bike..

would love some opinions on this ... would the orange stand out to much or do you think its not that in your face.. just don't want the seat to pull all the attention away from the over all grey and black bike.

thanks in advance

Old 01-17-2018, 11:41 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Mind sharing details? I'm still thinking of taking mine there for a similar mod with the contrast stitching and all.

Did it help the comfort of the stock seat a great deal?

Did you have them modify the riding position any?

Cost wise, was it cheaper to go this route vs buying the CVO seat/pillion combo discussed here? I REALLY like the looks of that CVO seat, but 600 bucks is too much right now.

Thanks.
It greatly improved comfort. As for riding position, I'm not sure what all they modified, but they asked for my inseam and took it from there. I did ask them to provide relief in the tailbone section, which really helped. That coupled with the better foam really improved the ride.

I tried a HD Zeppelin, but it felt like I was sitting on top of an air mattress. That coupled with the extreme high cost helped make my decision to give the re-build a try. Glad I did!

Here were the costs for the MCC mods:
1. Double Decker modification for the driver w/ tailbone channel $175
2. Perforated Diamond Stitch Inserts (dvr/pass) In Red with all seams top stitched in Red $215
3. Perforated Diamond Stitch inserts in red with all seams top stitched in for driver backrest $85

Total Cost: $475 plus return shipping of $59.02.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by bradn; 01-17-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:25 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking at buying the CVO seat off the Gunship Grey (PN 52000370) for my 2018 RGS. Does the seat come with the mounting hardware?

Old 01-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rainmakr
Looking at buying the CVO seat off the Gunship Grey (PN 52000370) for my 2018 RGS. Does the seat come with the mounting hardware?
Mine came in a cardboard box, no packing, no hardware, just the seat bouncing arouind in a box.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:33 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master

Originally Posted by Quik
Mine came in a cardboard box, no packing, no hardware, just the seat bouncing arouind in a box.
Whats needed for mounting hardware?

Old 01-17-2018, 05:08 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Whats needed for mounting hardware?
I just used the 2 stock nuts that are already on the fender, I assume you would need a different nut if installing the passenger seat though, not sure how the front of that mounts to the main seat.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:44 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master

Originally Posted by Quik
I just used the 2 stock nuts that are already on the fender, I assume you would need a different nut if installing the passenger seat though, not sure how the front of that mounts to the main seat.
Ok. Perfect. Im just installing the Driver Solo seat. Appreciate the quick response.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:52 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master

Well, I ordered the CVO seat for the bike. Local dealer had a Coat Drive and gave 20% off Harley parts for donating. Looking forward to installing the seat. For those of you who only the solo seat, do you remove seat strap holder? Picture attached

Attached Thumbnails 2018 CVO seat part #?-hd-seat-strap.jpg  
Old 01-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Well, I ordered the CVO seat for the bike. Local dealer had a Coat Drive and gave 20% off Harley parts for donating. Looking forward to installing the seat. For those of you who only the solo seat, do you remove seat strap holder? Picture attached
I was just looking at that today while waxing, I think I'm gonna take that and my docking hardware off. Problem is the dealer didn't give me back the little chrome strips that fill in the hole where the docking kit goes, been over a year so I'm sure I'm SOL on getting them back now.

Quick Reply: 2018 CVO seat part #?