E-Z Brake extended pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 12:53 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,736 Likes on 770 Posts
Default E-Z Brake extended pedal?

E-Z Brake extended pedal?
Is anyone running one on an RG Ultra? (Specifically a twin cooled M8.) Wondering if lowers will interfere.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

I have one on my SGS. No lowers so I can't comment on that part but the company I ordered mine from does custom sizes. (soft brake.com) I had mine designed to be lower but just slightly longer than stock. I didn't want it way out there. I was also afraid it would interfere with the lower profile chopped engine guard. It's perfect for me. Those guys were great. While I was at it, I had them design a smaller plate to accommodate a smaller foot brake pedal. The design allows me to swap back and forth between small and large brake pedals just in case I change my mind later. Ultimately I went back to the larger pedal because I couldn't comfortably reach the smaller pedal with the large SE heavy breather intake in the way. I hope all of this helps somewhat...

btw, I definitely recommend this mod. I no longer have to lift my foot off the floor board in order to apply the brakes.

Attached Thumbnails E-Z Brake extended pedal?-2017-04-02-10.46.17-hdr.jpg  

Last edited by Drodrigueznyc; 08-17-2017 at 01:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
oldbie (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Norcalsvt
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

kuryakyn I believe makes an extended brake pedal for bikes with lowers. Rob

oldbie (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Drodrigueznyc
I have one on my SGS. No lowers so I can't comment on that part but the company I ordered mine from does custom sizes. (soft brake.com) I had mine designed to be lower but just slightly longer than stock. I didn't want it way out there. I was also afraid it would interfere with the lower profile chopped engine guard. It's perfect for me. Those guys were great. While I was at it, I had them design a smaller plate to accommodate a smaller foot brake pedal. The design allows me to swap back and forth between small and large brake pedals just in case I change my mind later. Ultimately I went back to the larger pedal because I couldn't comfortably reach the smaller pedal with the large SE heavy breather intake in the way. I hope all of this helps somewhat...

btw, I definitely recommend this mod. I no longer have to lift my foot off the floor board in order to apply the brakes.
What footboards are those?

Old 08-17-2017, 02:45 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,736 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Drodrigueznyc

Thanks

Old 08-17-2017, 02:55 PM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer

a company called pegboards makes them. I searched high and low for a good highway peg setup but didn't like any of them. The traditional setup on the engine guards was too much of a reach and didn't feel right for my frame. Then came across this setup at a local bike show.. they're a bit pricey but well worth the investment. You can attach any peg you want. I went with the speed liner design to match the stock pegs. The kit gives me a much more comfortable, and naturally feeling setup. I can fully stretch out my legs but also have quick access to the controls if needed. IMO this was probably my best investment mod.

https://www.pegboards.com/

Blue Tick (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM
borrec
Cruiser
Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Soft Brake is really good. I went with +1 length and +1 wide since I have floorboard extenders. No issues with lowers on my 17 Ultra Limited.

oldbie (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer

they also make a reduced reach clutch lever. I might try it out.. hopefully it won't affect my ability to start the bike in gear, as other levers do.

oldbie (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 04:16 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

I have the E-Z Brake on my 14 SGS with factory lowers, no problem at all.

oldbie (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 08:09 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,395 Likes on 5,514 Posts

I run a different brand (kuryakyn) but the same thing much lower cost . Had one on my 2016 , have one on the 2017.
First change I made and would do it again day one.
Two different part numbers for with and without lowers. And I know for a fact the one for without lowers will not work one one with lowers. Pedal for the 2017 is the same as any of the rushmores.
I also have the adjustable clutch lever (Oberon) and it is also great allows you to move the clutch engagement point. To my knowledge they are the only ones that make one that fit a 2017

Last edited by smitty901; 08-17-2017 at 08:14 PM.
oldbie (08-17-2017)

Quick Reply: E-Z Brake extended pedal?