Sponsored by:

Sorry To Ask.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:21 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Sorry To Ask.......

For those who have changed out your M8's exhaust what are you running??? Here's where I'm at, HD stage 2, Cobra Pro Chamber header, neighbor haters tuned with the PV. I was going to install a 114" kit that I won at a dealer bike night but have been hearing some bad reports on engines blowing. So my thinking on motor upgrades is I'm gonna wait and eventually do a FM 117" down the road.

What I am going to do here PDQ is change my exhaust out. I'm wondering should I dump the full cobra system, keep the header or what? The NH's are definitely being taken off, to wide open and I'm loosing some tq/hp. I've been looking at FM's header and the V&H power duals if I stick with a 2-1-2 setup. I really think I want to go back to a 2-1 setup. D&D billet cat or the bassani road rage are the 2 I've been looking at.

What suggestions or ideas do y'all have? Sorry to beat the proverbial horse.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:16 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 512 Likes on 334 Posts

If you are interested in performance curious about why you are looking at the Cobras. I have no personal experience with them but they are not typically in the conversation with the best performing exhaust. Have never seen a dyno chart where they did well.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Originally Posted by martin10
If you are interested in performance curious about why you are looking at the Cobras. I have no personal experience with them but they are not typically in the conversation with the best performing exhaust. Have never seen a dyno chart where they did well.
My bike came from the dealer packaged with the stage 2 and the cobra system, which is why I said I'm changing it pretty damn quick.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:43 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

It is now illegal to discuss changing exhaust, cams or adding fuel management devices not approved by the EPA.

It will void your warranty!!!

Seriously though, if you want to stay with cobra their race pro's are decent pipes.

I prefer :

Fullsac
jackpot
Supertrapp

Any of these are better performers than Cobra.

The following users liked this post:
tyrant33 (08-02-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Looks like I'm just going to order another D&D billet cat for the '17.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:27 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
For those who have changed out your M8's exhaust what are you running??? Here's where I'm at, HD stage 2, Cobra Pro Chamber header, neighbor haters tuned with the PV. I was going to install a 114" kit that I won at a dealer bike night but have been hearing some bad reports on engines blowing. So my thinking on motor upgrades is I'm gonna wait and eventually do a FM 117" down the road.

What I am going to do here PDQ is change my exhaust out. I'm wondering should I dump the full cobra system, keep the header or what? The NH's are definitely being taken off, to wide open and I'm loosing some tq/hp. I've been looking at FM's header and the V&H power duals if I stick with a 2-1-2 setup. I really think I want to go back to a 2-1 setup. D&D billet cat or the bassani road rage are the 2 I've been looking at.

What suggestions or ideas do y'all have? Sorry to beat the proverbial horse.
If it were me, I'd buy the new thunderheader 2-1. No pipe will ever give you the performance a thunderheader will. It's supposed to come out in the next couple weeks. http://www.thunderheader.net/cs.php

Call your local distributer and ask them them when the expect to receive shipment.

The following users liked this post:
PHX M8 (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 08:32 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,526 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
If it were me, I'd buy the new thunderheader 2-1. No pipe will ever give you the performance a thunderheader will. It's supposed to come out in the next couple weeks. http://www.thunderheader.net/cs.php

Call your local distributer and ask them them when the expect to receive shipment.
I don't care for the 2 to 1 look on baggers. I read somewhere and cant remember the specifics, but one pipe manufacture was coming out with a 2 to 1 with a dummy left pipe just for looks. Anyone heard of this? It might have been on fuelmoto.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:50 AM
pcwizard
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The issue I've heard with the 114" kits is a problem with the rings seizing. It doesn't happen with the factory CVO's etc.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,258 Likes on 832 Posts

I went with Cobra HO 450's on my CVO limited. To be honest, I had Rinehart's on the last 2 bikes and wanted something different. The CVO has more than enough power for me so that was not an issue, and I knew nothing would be as loud as I was accustomed to. I heard a bike that had them and liked the sound, so I went with them and am OK with them. That being said, I am curious about the Samson SVT Bonecrushers. Hell, just the name was enough to get my attention. Only seen them in Youtube clips.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:30 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
For those who have changed out your M8's exhaust what are you running???
See my sig. I couldn't be happier!

Quick Reply: Sorry To Ask.......