Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Street Glide Special?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017 | 09:18 AM
kungfupanda
|
Cruiser

Thank you all for the input. I can wait until the end of August to get one, I rather have a comparison of the two first. God Bless all of you!

Old 07-25-2017 | 10:14 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RET_SCPO
I didn't care about what changes may or or may not be coming in 2018. I decided I would rather be riding then waiting so I bought a 2017 SGS.
me too.... i picked one up 2 weeks ago... no regrets if you always wait for the latest....you gonna be always waiting

Old 07-25-2017 | 10:18 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by prowler58
I'd say , don't be surprised at anything. If I was head of Harley , I'd be looking at how Indian's touring line has us beat in Many category's. ... Bigger Engine, More Torque, Bigger Speakers & Double the Amps, Telescoping Windshield, Bigger Touchscreen , then the 18 Yamaha coming out just Before the Harley, have you seen the Yamaha's Vid. ? Wow . I'd be telling my engineers, improve everything you can , Now. Harley Needs to Look Like they are at Least Trying to compete. I've Test Drove a 2017 SGS and a LIMITED & Im impressed, but ... I think there's a touring bike War ahead, maybe like the Muscle Car war between Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, etc....... but I might be wrong ☝��
dumbest post ive read so far......Harley needs to compete? they lead the market for a reason....yamaha? idiot

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017 | 11:19 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
dumbest post ive read so far......Harley needs to compete? they lead the market for a reason....yamaha? idiot
Harley needs to continue to dominate and not lose any market share..not like HD stock is on Warren Buffets top stock ownership list..they've been doing this for a long time and I believe will continue to be successful, and they have the highest brand customer loyalty regardless of issues and it's not even close...but in this age of innovation they can't let off on the gas..be interesting to see the next 5 years with their claimed 50 new models being introduced.

prowler58 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017 | 11:28 AM
MarantzManiac
Novice

Originally Posted by mjwebb
Harley needs to continue to dominate and not lose any market share..not like HD stock is on Warren Buffets top stock ownership list..they've been doing this for a long time and I believe will continue to be successful, and they have the highest brand customer loyalty regardless of issues and it's not even close...but in this age of innovation they can't let off on the gas..be interesting to see the next 5 years with their claimed 50 new models being introduced.
HD needs to draw customers to dealers with best in breed cruisers... they have a cult following that every manufactures dreams for... visit an Indian dealer recently? Just look at their exciting motorcycles that are only 4 years in the making - stock fancy leather seats, killer infotainment systems, integrated blinkers, motorized windscreens and HD fit and finish... accept it or not HD has serious competition they can ill afford at this time.

HD must show the world why they're the leader NOW, or continue to lose their market share, customer base and ultimately dealer closings (there's too many) .... Updates like M8, Showa bits, brembo abs/linked brakes are a good start in their bread and butter Touring line... a Ducati buyout is not much different than MV Agusta $100M abortion and will move HD away from their core values and competency, wasteful of precious engineering resources etc.

I'm ready for my 1st Harley, 2018 Street glide special, that is if HD proves they've been listening to both enthusiasts and stockholders at next months dealer meetings.

Last edited by MarantzManiac; 07-25-2017 at 12:04 PM.
prowler58 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017 | 03:58 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MarantzManiac
HD needs to draw customers to dealers with best in breed cruisers... they have a cult following that every manufactures dreams for... visit an Indian dealer recently? Just look at their exciting motorcycles that are only 4 years in the making - stock fancy leather seats, killer infotainment systems, integrated blinkers, motorized windscreens and HD fit and finish... accept it or not HD has serious competition they can ill afford at this time.

HD must show the world why they're the leader NOW, or continue to lose their market share, customer base and ultimately dealer closings (there's too many) .... Updates like M8, Showa bits, brembo abs/linked brakes are a good start in their bread and butter Touring line... a Ducati buyout is not much different than MV Agusta $100M abortion and will move HD away from their core values and competency, wasteful of precious engineering resources etc.

I'm ready for my 1st Harley, 2018 Street glide special, that is if HD proves they've been listening to both enthusiasts and stockholders at next months dealer meetings.
WHY not just go do this.....ride what you like....ive road yamahas...and a powered wind screen isnt going to polish that pos....ive not road an indian....ive seen one... not too impressed... its a fing Victory with ugly fenders and Indian badges.... if you fall for that kind of stupid **** well , so be it......Harley isnt following.......... its leading...... give me a break...go ride that Yamaha and report back....

Old 07-25-2017 | 04:13 PM
prowler58
Cruiser

you Don't know Jack

Old 07-25-2017 | 04:29 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member

you Don't know Jack
According to the MoCo's 2016 financial report they grew market share in the US and Europe even while revenue was down 1.6% overall.

Old 07-25-2017 | 04:46 PM
dDavid
Tourer

Harley isnt following.......... its leading......
I have never thought of Harley-Davidson as leading, and I'm not sure they'd want to be. They sell a ton of bikes, but it seems to me it's more on brand loyalty, nostalgia, and aspirational buyers.

What area do you feel H-D is leading in? T-shirts? lol

prowler58 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017 | 06:12 PM
HDMIKETN64
Road Master

I'd say , don't be surprised at anything. If I was head of Harley , I'd be looking at how Indian's touring line has us beat in Many category's. ... Bigger Engine, More Torque, Bigger Speakers & Double the Amps, Telescoping Windshield, Bigger Touchscreen , then the 18 Yamaha coming out just Before the Harley, have you seen the Yamaha's Vid. ? Wow . I'd be telling my engineers, improve everything you can , Now. Harley Needs to Look Like they are at Least Trying to compete. I've Test Drove a 2017 SGS and a LIMITED & Im impressed, but ... I think there's a touring bike War ahead, maybe like the Muscle Car war between Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, etc....... but I might be wrong ☝��
I've watched the Yamaha video. It appears they are trying to keep up with H-D. Not the other way around. The only things which the Yamaha have on the MoCo is the power windshield and some ride modes. And several items they were touting were options. I'm not impressed.

Quick Reply: 2018 Street Glide Special?