Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-On without tuner

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Anthonyfsenior
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I see you got the 2019 nice, I really wanted that with the 114 with the new infotainment system, I ended up getting a leftover 2018 Roadglide Ultra due to the fact I got $3000 off MSRP I'm really not someone who likes to speed so the 107 has plenty of get up and go.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:38 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthonyfsenior
I see you got the 2019 nice, I really wanted that with the 114 with the new infotainment system, I ended up getting a leftover 2018 Roadglide Ultra due to the fact I got $3000 off MSRP I'm really not someone who likes to speed so the 107 has plenty of get up and go.
The 107” will make you smile. Plenty of smmooooth get up n go. The company has things figured out with the SEPST for an entry level Stage kit IMHO.
Light years better than Stage 2 or 3 twin cams (from my experiences).

The following users liked this post:
Anthonyfsenior (12-26-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 04:30 PM
Anthonyfsenior
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG

The 107” will make you smile. Plenty of smmooooth get up n go. The company has things figured out with the SEPST for an entry level Stage kit IMHO.
Light years better than Stage 2 or 3 twin cams (from my experiences).
Just picked up my Bike from Harley, 4in Rineharts, screaming eagle AC and tuner installed, I did not change my head pipes and the bike ran excellent on my short ride home. Feels like the Idle is adjusted a tiny bit higher but It could go lower when the bike fully warms up after a longer ride, that's what would happen before. This stage 1 upgrade feels great on this M8 107
I also had the heated grips installed and they had my hands feeling nice and toasty on the ride home.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:20 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by sandrooney
mj, That's strange, everything I have read say's it won't adjust AFR. Good to know it will.
the AFR table is locked. I have seen this dyno chart image MJ has posted several times, and I would love to know what his dealership did to make that AFR line track at 13:1. The AFR table is locked at 14.6:1, except when power enrichment kicks in and or the bike goes into open loop, at which it’s 11.7:1, or super rich. I honestly think MJs dealership used another software to manipulate the AFR table. Per the HD literature the only adjustments are to spark, throttle progressitivity, and VE tables. VE tables when optimized only allow the target value in the AFR table to be achieved, which is either 14.6 or 14.7, or the 11.7 at 80-100% throttle load. The street tuner simply won’t go outside the table values now. Keep in mind that MJs dealership also races bikes, and there’s no way they are tuning with Harley Davidson over the counter EPA locked street tuners. Kudos to MJ, but my only point is don’t expect these results from HD EPA street tuner. I know, I bought one. Waste of $300. You would need a different tuner platform like a power vision or TTS or FP3 where the AFR table is adjustable. Or maybe Techno Research. MJs chart has bothered me on the AFR for over a year now, lol...

Old 12-26-2018, 07:46 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,349 Likes on 4,769 Posts

Originally Posted by RK14SGS

the AFR table is locked. I have seen this dyno chart image MJ has posted several times, and I would love to know what his dealership did to make that AFR line track at 13:1. The AFR table is locked at 14.6:1, except when power enrichment kicks in and or the bike goes into open loop, at which it’s 11.7:1, or super rich. I honestly think MJs dealership used another software to manipulate the AFR table. Per the HD literature the only adjustments are to spark, throttle progressitivity, and VE tables. VE tables when optimized only allow the target value in the AFR table to be achieved, which is either 14.6 or 14.7, or the 11.7 at 80-100% throttle load. The street tuner simply won’t go outside the table values now. Keep in mind that MJs dealership also races bikes, and there’s no way they are tuning with Harley Davidson over the counter EPA locked street tuners. Kudos to MJ, but my only point is don’t expect these results from HD EPA street tuner. I know, I bought one. Waste of $300. You would need a different tuner platform like a power vision or TTS or FP3 where the AFR table is adjustable. Or maybe Techno Research. MJs chart has bothered me on the AFR for over a year now, lol...
and when you look at the baseline run in Red, which was just the SEPST Stage 1 ECM calibration that I has been running it's ~12.1, does the AFR Source: Dynoware RT WB offer any clues? asking because I have no idea what it means..is WB refer to wideband in this context, and if so how does that play into stock head pipes and O2s..got me curious enough now I will probably ask them next time I'm down there

Old 12-26-2018, 08:12 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mjwebb
and when you look at the baseline run in Red, which was just the SEPST Stage 1 ECM calibration that I has been running it's ~12.1, does the AFR Source: Dynoware RT WB offer any clues? asking because I have no idea what it means..is WB refer to wideband in this context, and if so how does that play into stock head pipes and O2s..got me curious enough now I will probably ask them next time I'm down there
the dyno has widebands, yes that’s the WB. This key to sniff the actual exhaust AFR, so in turn the tech can make adjustments. What’s the mystery is how the AFR table was manipulated. Ask them.. my dealer can adjust the AFR table unless I switch to another tuner device. The race team there has to have some goodies.... the older SEProST could adjust the AFR tables, but fast forward to today we know this is what the EPA cracked down on...

mjwebb (12-26-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 08:18 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior

yes, the 12.1 I would expect to see from the canned map, since WOT is 11.7. This is too rich and can curb power, but wear on the side of caution to where the engine is not overly lean at WOT. 13.0 is really ideal to optimize power and your blue line supports that. the mystery is how they did it.

mjwebb (12-26-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 09:52 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

ok, so apologize for playing 20 questions and definitely need to have a discussion with our service experts..but regarding AFR being locked due to EPA restrictions..the SE ATM that works in conjunction with the SEPST has this say and guess I'm not understanding SE tuning component ability to make AFR adjustments..is it not implying it can alter AFR?..guess what I'm trying to ask is if indeed this EPA compliant device is in fact allowed to alter AFR then why couldn't a skilled dyno technician be able to manipulate that?

http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....ed/2018_SE.pdf
page 7 explains and illustrates that it can alter parameters in both closed and open loop

Smart Tune Pro works with the Screamin' Eagle® Pro Street Tuner to automatically tune your bike for the combination of performance components, temperatures, altitude, and vehicle load conditions you are operating in. You just install the upgraded wideband oxygen sensors in the exhaust headers, download the calibration that our Screamin' Eagle® engineers have developed as a starting point, then simply drive down the road and let Smart Tune Pro do the work for you.
  • Constantly monitors the operating parameters of your motorcycle, and automatically adjusts the bike's Electronic Control Module (ECM) to maximize performance in most riding conditions
  • Utilizes wideband O2 sensors that read oxygen levels in the exhaust stream to determine the optimum air/fuel ratio, spark advance and timing your bike needs at this very moment
  • Incorporates the data and automatically makes real-time tuning adjustments to the ECM
  • Wideband sensors can read and help adjust tuning throughout the part throttle cruising and full-throttle acceleration operating range
  • Kit includes the Smart Tune Pro module with plug-in wiring harness, two M18 wideband O2 sensors, and access to free software updates, future calibrations and free on-line training modules
COMPLETE MOTORCYCLE OPERATING RANGE

Throttle Position (%)

PART-THROTTLE CRUISING RANGE

FULL-THROTTLE ACCELERATION RANGE

Pro Street Tuner Base Calibration + Smart Tune Pro + Wideband O2 Sensors automatically monitor and adjust the engine in real time for all performance upgrades, operating ranges and riding conditions

Last edited by mjwebb; 12-26-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:30 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior

ok, so apologize for playing 20 questions and definitely need to have a discussion with our service experts..but regarding AFR being locked due to EPA restrictions..the SE ATM that works in conjunction with the SEPST has this say and guess I'm not understanding SE tuning component ability to make AFR adjustments..is it not implying it can alter AFR?..guess what I'm trying to ask is if indeed this EPA compliant device is in fact allowed to alter AFR then why couldn't a skilled dyno technician be able to manipulate that?

http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....ed/2018_SE.pdf
page 7 explains and illustrates that it can alter parameters in both closed and open loop

Smart Tune Pro works with the Screamin' Eagle® Pro Street Tuner to automatically tune your bike for the combination of performance components, temperatures, altitude, and vehicle load conditions you are operating in. You just install the upgraded wideband oxygen sensors in the exhaust headers, download the calibration that our Screamin' Eagle® engineers have developed as a starting point, then simply drive down the road and let Smart Tune Pro do the work for you.
  • Constantly monitors the operating parameters of your motorcycle, and automatically adjusts the bike's Electronic Control Module (ECM) to maximize performance in most riding conditions
  • Utilizes wideband O2 sensors that read oxygen levels in the exhaust stream to determine the optimum air/fuel ratio, spark advance and timing your bike needs at this very moment
  • Incorporates the data and automatically makes real-time tuning adjustments to the ECM
  • Wideband sensors can read and help adjust tuning throughout the part throttle cruising and full-throttle acceleration operating range
  • Kit includes the Smart Tune Pro module with plug-in wiring harness, two M18 wideband O2 sensors, and access to free software updates, future calibrations and free on-line training modules

Throttle Position (%)

PART-THROTTLE CRUISING RANGE

FULL-THROTTLE ACCELERATION RANGE

Pro Street Tuner Base Calibration + Smart Tune Pro + Wideband O2 Sensors automatically monitor and adjust the engine in real time for all performance upgrades, operating ranges and riding conditions
it uses wide band oxygen sensors to assess the exhaust mix and provide real-time time feedback to the ECM so that the VE tables front and rear can be adjusted real time to add or subtract fuel accordingly to achieve the set point in the AFR table. The AFR isn’t adjusted. It’s set to values the EPA and HD agreed to. The AT module just does a better job achieving those AFR values on the fly.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:53 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks, just hoping to understand some of this before having a discussion with the pros at my dealership as to not waste their time teaching a doughball like myself the basics, but doesn’t have to be a technical discussion rather just ask how the AFR was achieved with the SEPST. Our SM manager has told me they are not allowed to and won’t use non compliant tuners on bikes that are compliant, that the fines are extremely steep and consequences severe

Last edited by mjwebb; 12-26-2018 at 11:06 PM.