Sponsored by:

Slip-On without tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:25 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master
Received 511 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus
Well this weekend I put my stage 1 kit on my bike , started off by putting the rush slipons on and with the stock air cleaner still in it s place I took it for a quick blast down the road. Well I'm guessing that i road it not anywhere near 2 miles and took it back home as it ran like a pig , you had to blip the throttle every time time wanted to take off,very fluffy power delivery and torque from standard. Now it beats me as to how some people say their bike runs fine with just slipons and no tuner. I put the SE air on and pluged in the powervision, flashed the ecm with Jamie's tune and now I have a whole different bike. Runs **** loads smoother way improved throttle response and the bum dyno says there's a few extra ponys been woken up in the process.

Yes sir life is good

Wiz
Not sure what to think about this. Rush slip ons and stock air and it ran like a pig? Was this with the stock header with cat? I installed Rush Big Louie's today and it ran great. Better throttle response and maybe a little extra pep. This on a otherwise stock bike. I also monitor ET and coolant temp on my PV2 (off my old bike- no DJ license for the M8 yet) and temps were unchanged from the stock mufflers. Not sure what the issue with your bike was but something doesn't sound right.

Last edited by BatOuttaHell; 07-16-2017 at 10:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Anthonyfsenior (12-22-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 10:28 PM
Anthonyfsenior
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

2018 Roadglide, did the exact same thing with the same results, I put on just slip-ons, Cobra Neighbor Haters, they sounded great but my bike wasn't running great. Sluggish when taking off and sluggish flipping thru gears. I'm having my HD dealer install the screaming eagle high flow air cleaner and pro street tuner, leaving the stock head pipes. My 2016 Roadglide TC 103 ran fine with just slip-ons but not my Milwaukee 8 107
Hopefully my bike will be running just fine with some nice sounding slip-ons after this.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:36 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthonyfsenior
2018 Roadglide, did the exact same thing with the same results, I put on just slip-ons, Cobra Neighbor Haters, they sounded great but my bike wasn't running great. Sluggish when taking off and sluggish flipping thru gears. I'm having my HD dealer install the screaming eagle high flow air cleaner and pro street tuner, leaving the stock head pipes. My 2016 Roadglide TC 103 ran fine with just slip-ons but not my Milwaukee 8 107
Hopefully my bike will be running just fine with some nice sounding slip-ons after this.
Agreed,
16’s do have the ECM bandwidth to accomadate AIR or Muffler swap outs but not both.
The 17’s have been screwed down that tight by the EPA, the ecm has no wiggle room at all to make any valid adjustment to anything and hence they run like crap with any change to intake / exhaust.

I think dynajet has an advanced map for stock engines ( No air or pipe mods ) Just to fatten them up just to make then run better and cooler. Remember fuel don’t just only make the engine go bang, it also helps cool the combustion chamber/ / exhaust.

I will say that I do like the power vision unit as good company’s like Dynajet and ( Fuelmoto , where I got mine ) sell and support them, and the available information these units provide on ya bikes running condition while sitting on ya bars is pretty excellent.

As for ya Cobras, being their not a HD product , I’m not sure if the pro street tuners going to be the way to go, As Harley can only use these type tuners and keep the EPA happy and off their backs at the same time. That’s why HD stopped selling the race tuner.

Just make sure before they touch anything, I’d ask if my warranty is still in place once ya finnished and get them to make that a fact on ya receipt.
I’m having all sorts of trouble just making a warranty claim on a freakin battery let alone an engine.

Take care, Ride safe man.

Wiz Out 🍺

Old 12-23-2018, 03:34 AM
Anthonyfsenior
Intermediate

I'm definitely not trying to void my warranty. I'm still under the 60 day mark being I purchased a left over 2018 and definitely want anything I do to be covered under warranty I'm just looking to get a little sound out of the bike and keeping my warranty in tac. I'll double check with my dealer before I do anything, been dealing with the same dealer over 20yrs and they've always been helpful never trying to screw me over. Might have to go with a different slip-on that's EPA certified, didn't really want a screaming eagle muffler, even though I hear the new one's for the M8 touring model sound kinda ok. Thanks for responding. I see a lot of people saying they've just added slip-ons to they're M8 touring bikes and everything runs just fine so I tried it and can honestly say my bike definitely ran worse. I put back the stock mufflers for now, bike runs perfect.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:00 AM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Running Street Cannons without a tune and everything else stock. Bike runs amazing but I have nothing to compare it to as I bought the bike with the Street Cannons. But to be safe warranty wise will be finishing my Stage 1 with the Harley SE AC and tuner. Unfortunately will not be done under the 60 days.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:22 AM
Anthonyfsenior
Intermediate

Adding the SE tuner and AC to go along with your street cannons, I'm sure we'll make your bike run slightly better and give you peace of mind knowing it's running correctly with the air fuel mixture. On my 2016 I really didn't notice any difference by just adding the Vance and Hines twin slash rounds, but I also felt those pipes weren't so aggressive so that might of helped. Some of these slip-ons are so open that I can see why it's important to add a tuner to be on the safe side. I'm really happy with this M8 for those test riding them it's hard to really appreciate how nice they run. When I purchased mine and drove it home on the 30mile highway trip is really when I felt the differences throughout the entire bike, power, smoothness, suspension, I ended up passing my house by and did another 40-50 miles before I went home, can't say enough good things about this new M8

The following users liked this post:
mykaos (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 12:41 AM
fght4u
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put on VH 4'' slip ons and took off the stock air intake, and replaced with Arlen Ness and put on a FP3 and have it set, runs great. planing on taking off the baffles to get that louder tone out of it.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:06 AM
sandrooney
Road Master
Received 262 Likes on 176 Posts

[QUOTE=Anthonyfsenior;17909176]
Adding the SE tuner and AC to go along with your street cannons, I'm sure we'll make your bike run slightly better and give you peace of mind knowing it's running correctly with the air fuel mixture.

I don't think the SE tuner can adjust air fuel mixture.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:25 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,349 Likes on 4,769 Posts

[QUOTE=sandrooney;17911163]
Originally Posted by Anthonyfsenior
Adding the SE tuner and AC to go along with your street cannons, I'm sure we'll make your bike run slightly better and give you peace of mind knowing it's running correctly with the air fuel mixture.

I don't think the SE tuner can adjust air fuel mixture.

mine changed when they dyno tuned with SEPST and all SE parts

Old 12-24-2018, 07:39 AM
Anthonyfsenior
Intermediate

[QUOTE=mjwebb;17911186]
Originally Posted by sandrooney
mine changed when they dyno tuned with SEPST and all SE parts

Ok. I passed by the Harley Dealership yesterday it was a nice day to take a ride on the bike. They did say Harley is recommending them not to change the headpipes on the M8 just change the air cleaner with tuner and a slip-on, it will stay under warranty and run just fine with slightly better throttle response. Of course they will do pretty much whatever you want and did say doing a complete exhaust he would then recommend a Dyno tune because the screaming eagle tuner wouldn't be good enough for it. I'm going the simple route, just slip-ons and Ac/tuner these M8's run so good as is I'm not trying to change to much.

Quick Reply: Slip-On without tuner