Sponsored by:

Slip-On without tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Firebolter
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus
Says the same thing for my SE stage 1 air let alone the 1.75 rush slipons I've gotten.
I went with the power vision from fuelmoto and got the unit delivered with the recommended tune to match my mods installed and ready to flash my ecm once I get my bike back.

Wiz
I did the exact same thing, S&S MK45 cans, S&S Stealth A/C and a PowerVision with a tune from Fuel Moto for that config. Bike runs great. Solid 40-42 MPG's and excellent throttle response from idle all the way up.

My bike to date has just under 5000 miles with this setup. It's a unicorn, it dosen't leak any oil, dosen't transfer any oil from tranny to primary. Runs great and is hands down the best HD I have ever owned.

Honestly, all of this talk about warranties and pipes/air cleaners is getting old. It has always been the case if you mod the bike you could loose your warranty for as long as warranties have existed. The HD lawsuit from the EPA just brought it to the forefront and reminded manufacturers they could be smacked. You always will benefit by tuning a bike if you change the flow characteristics, regardless of year. Stock mapping is always less than best due to regulations. Starting to rival the "what oil do you use" threads!

Last edited by Firebolter; 07-12-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:58 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,349 Likes on 4,769 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebolter
I did the exact same thing, S&S MK45 cans, S&S Stealth A/C and a PowerVision with a tune from Fuel Moto for that config. Bike runs great. Solid 40-42 MPG's and excellent throttle response from idle all the way up.

My bike to date has just under 5000 miles with this setup. It's a unicorn, it dosen't leak any oil, dosen't transfer any oil from tranny to primary. Runs great and is hands down the best HD I have ever owned.

Honestly, all of this talk about warranties and pipes/air cleaners is getting old. It has always been the case if you mod the bike you could loose your warranty for as long as warranties have existed. The HD lawsuit from the EPA just brought it to the forefront and reminded manufacturers they could be smacked. You always will benefit by tuning a bike if you change the flow characteristics, regardless of year. Stock mapping is always less than best due to regulations. Starting to rival the "what oil do you use" threads!
"It's a unicorn, it dosen't leak any oil, dosen't transfer any oil from tranny to primary."
you need to get that checked out ASAP! if it ain't broke, you ain't trying hard enough

Old 07-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I read this over and over here..isn't Closed Loop the same as it's been for years, and my understanding is that in Open Loop it's Richer than its predecessors....
Don't shoot the messengers here , Just repeating what I was told ( take it with a grain of salt if you so wish it's your engine ) If your not sure best you talk to a dealer ya self and get the info from the horses mouth

Wiz

Old 07-12-2017, 09:09 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Your on the money there old ****, 👌

Wiz

Old 07-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I read this over and over here..isn't Closed Loop the same as it's been for years, and my understanding is that in Open Loop it's Richer than its predecessors....
Maybe one of the tuner experts here could compare the map of what the Harley tunes were like pre law suit as opposed to what we have now on the 17's.

Im sure there's a good difference

Wiz

Old 07-12-2017, 10:08 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Maybe one of the tuner experts here could compare the map of what the Harley tunes were like pre law suit as opposed to what we have now on the 17's.

Im sure there's a good difference

Wiz
With the heads and exhaust being different and specific to the M8 it wouldn't tell you anything.

What would tell you something is to have someone like Fuel Moto post a stock bike tune info compared to a dyno tuned version. There is a post in the sportster forum where a guy compared an auto tuned canned map to a dyno tune. Interesting read.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Firebolter
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
What would tell you something is to have someone like Fuel Moto post a stock bike tune info compared to a dyno tuned version.
Fuel Moto did that---

And with

Old 07-12-2017, 11:52 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Fuel Moto did that---

And with
What I was referring to was a comparison of the stock VE, AFR, Spark advance tables stock to tuned to see how much the values actually change and how far outside the range of the SEPST the values are.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by todd-67
What I was referring to was a comparison of the stock VE, AFR, Spark advance tables stock to tuned to see how much the values actually change and how far outside the range of the SEPST the values are.
Well this weekend I put my stage 1 kit on my bike , started off by putting the rush slipons on and with the stock air cleaner still in it s place I took it for a quick blast down the road. Well I'm guessing that i road it not anywhere near 2 miles and took it back home as it ran like a pig , you had to blip the throttle every time time wanted to take off,very fluffy power delivery and torque from standard. Now it beats me as to how some people say their bike runs fine with just slipons and no tuner. I put the SE air on and pluged in the powervision, flashed the ecm with Jamie's tune and now I have a whole different bike. Runs **** loads smoother way improved throttle response and the bum dyno says there's a few extra ponys been woken up in the process.

Yes sir life is good

Wiz

Old 07-16-2017, 09:29 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,349 Likes on 4,769 Posts

Don't shoot the messengers here , Just repeating what I was told ( take it with a grain of salt if you so wish it's your engine ) If your not sure best you talk to a dealer ya self and get the info from the horses mouth

Wiz
i already had my dealer performance a SE Stage 1 dyno tuned..runs incredibly well..just thought some tuning experts here determined the M8's run richer in Open Loop thru testing, dispelling the myth that they are leaner and hotter than ever..closed loop can't do anything about EPA wise anyway

Quick Reply: Slip-On without tuner