Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

If the oil level is too high it will come on as well

Old 07-09-2017, 05:07 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,359 Likes on 5,499 Posts

Sensor is gone or going quick warranty repair. They did mine in Pigeon Forge while on vacation.

Last edited by smitty901; 07-10-2017 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:44 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

I just had the same issue with mine. Took to dealer, he verified oil pressure with manual gauge and installed new sensor.. All is good now.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:50 PM
hippster
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide Oil Light Came On

Ok, bought an RG 1.5 weeks ago. I immediately took it to MT and had the 1k service done at the Billings MT Harley Dealer. In Glacier National Park the light came on. I checked the oil and unfortunately it was a quart low. Thinking the mechanic at Billings Dealer put 4 quarts instead of 5 in. The light was off so I took it to Blue Sky Harley in MT. They looked it over and I went ahead and had them change the oil since I had topped it off to make sure it didn't happen between Glacier and their store. Long story short, they found a code that indicated something about a battery (strange). They also found an oil leak by the front engine mount (by the exhaust), but it was minimal. He gave me a quart of oil and I rode back home (approx 1200 miles). The light never came on again. I dropped the bike off at my dealer to get the oil leak fixed and to see if they could track anything down to why the oil light came on. In the end, I put 3800 miles on it and I figure over half of that was after the light came on so I am praying that it didn't loose oil pressure. I hope to know more this week.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:15 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Same thing happened to me last weekend. Stopped for gas and pulled out and stopped at a light a block away and oil pressure light was on, no noises. Restarted bike and no light and has not come back since. I figured had to be sensor or software glitch. Mike

Old 07-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 874 Likes on 524 Posts

The trash in the oil pumps were on the twin cooled models as I recall.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:40 PM
hippster
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc115
Same thing happened to me last weekend. Stopped for gas and pulled out and stopped at a light a block away and oil pressure light was on, no noises. Restarted bike and no light and has not come back since. I figured had to be sensor or software glitch. Mike
Thanks glad to hear I am not the only one. Was thinking it was a glitch as well since it hasn't come on again. Had mine at the dealer this week to fix a leak and they didn't know anything about any reports of this issue.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:52 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Early run M8's has all kinda issues with trash in the oil pump body blocking ports. Go see the dealer to see if your vin is in the bad batch run.
Bloody hell if they knew about the trash ( machine swaf ) in the oil pump why sell the things.

Loyalty for the brand only goes so far.

A bad manafactured product is a bad manafactured product ... there's a point in time excuses need to stop and quaiity needs to begin. **** especially when ya pay so much for these things.

Wiz

Old 03-15-2021, 06:50 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Old thread I know, but any one who had the oil light come on, did you happen to check in the Engine Info tab on the radio when I did? Mine came on the other day on the highway. I went to the Engine Info tag and for oil it read 74 PSI. Not OK and not Check Oil, it had a PSI read out. I’m sure the light it’s self was just a glitch but I found it weird the the bike was displaying a PSI.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:47 AM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 874 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
Old thread I know, but any one who had the oil light come on, did you happen to check in the Engine Info tab on the radio when I did? Mine came on the other day on the highway. I went to the Engine Info tag and for oil it read 74 PSI. Not OK and not Check Oil, it had a PSI read out. I’m sure the light it’s self was just a glitch but I found it weird the the bike was displaying a PSI.
What model and year bike do you have?

Quick Reply: Oil light came on