Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Special Build.... (M8)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:16 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just installed.... RCX 4.5" Torx (black on black) slip-ons + Black HD shield kit

Gotta say they look GREAT!! Unfortunately They aren't as loud as my TC with Samson baffled cholos.

I don't think i'll get a loud deep pipe with the M8. No worries though.......

Still haven't located an Intake to my liking 100% .. There are some good ones out there but I'll wait till something catches my eye. Leaning towards a Roland Sands when they put them in production for the M8. Hopefully sooner than later.

Next up - Pegs/ Floorboards/ Brake pedal..... Blacked out tank console... and powder coat the stock crash bar...... Or maybe just skip to ARC Audio sounds system... Decisions... Decisions....

I need some daylight pics...

Old 08-30-2017, 06:30 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Been a while since I posted a pic... Just washed and ready to ride...

Added a Black engine guard/ black mounts.... Performance machine ignition cover and black HD ignition switch panel trim. Already have matching Performance Machine fuel door and dash insert in hand.

Waiting on snail mail for my blacked out HD console kit and most of all RC components intake "Eclipse series Dynasty" to finish out my stage 1.... and a Clockworks windshield

As soon as that gets in then... Once again time to order... Performance Machine "super light" driver/ passenger boards... Floodboard levers (shift & brake)

Then it's off to the big dollar items... Rake out the front end with a RC components "Eclipse series Dynasty" 23" front 16" rear wheels/ matching rotors/ and RC wrap front fender.

Going with a mix of Black-n-Chrome

Making a bike your own sure is a slow process but eventually it will be done! Work... Make $$$... Spend... and repeat... lol

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 08-30-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:20 PM
PSU
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Definitely a lot of money to black it out.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:40 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Been a while since I posted a pic... Just washed and ready to ride...

Added a Black engine guard/ black mounts.... Performance machine ignition cover and black HD ignition switch panel trim. Already have matching Performance Machine fuel door and dash insert in hand.

Waiting on snail mail for my blacked out HD console kit and most of all RC components intake "Eclipse series Dynasty" to finish out my stage 1.... and a Clockworks windshield

As soon as that gets in then... Once again time to order... Performance Machine "super light" driver/ passenger boards... Floodboard levers (shift & brake)

Then it's off to the big dollar items... Rake out the front end with a RC components "Eclipse series Dynasty" 23" front 16" rear wheels/ matching rotors/ and RC wrap front fender.

Going with a mix of Black-n-Chrome

Making a bike your own sure is a slow process but eventually it will be done! Work... Make $$$... Spend... and repeat... lol

I have the same RC's as you, only chrome. I stayed with a 21 inch front so I wouldn't have to change the trees, bumped the rear up to an 18. These things are definitely money pits! Fullsac MX pipe is probably my next buy, also want that new 2018 cvo seat from the gunship grey bike! Thinking about starting a GoFundMe page, LoL

Old 08-30-2017, 08:46 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PSU
Definitely a lot of money to black it out.
I know right!! ... If I would have known HD were blacking out 2018's .. I would have 100% waited the 2 months. Was picking up parts yesterday at the dealership and was in disgust looking at the 18's.. Thinking $hit!!! *@#$^&%#.... Oh well... It happens :/

Nice bike btw PSU... I can say I've visited your thread several times

The following users liked this post:
PSU (09-03-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 08:56 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Quik

I have the same RC's as you, only chrome. I stayed with a 21 inch front so I wouldn't have to change the trees, bumped the rear up to an 18. These things are definitely money pits! Fullsac MX pipe is probably my next buy, also want that new 2018 cvo seat from the gunship grey bike! Thinking about starting a GoFundMe page, LoL

GoFundMe page... lmao!! Wait a second I'm thinking you may be on to something....JK! Ha!

Yea RC Components makes some great stuff... I was told when raking out for a 23"er it brings the bike back down to stock.. Hence staying with a 16"er in the rear. Plus I guess nobody will really see it much behind the bags. But I'll know and that's what counts right.

Great looking bike you have Quik!!

Old 08-30-2017, 09:02 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
GoFundMe page... lmao!! Wait a second I'm thinking you may be on to something....JK! Ha!

Yea RC Components makes some great stuff... I was told when raking out for a 23"er it brings the bike back down to stock.. Hence staying with a 16"er in the rear. Plus I guess nobody will really see it much behind the bags. But I'll know and that's what counts right.

Great looking bike you have Quik!!
Yeah I've got OCD bad, no way I could have changed the front wheel and left the rear stock, even if it can barely be seen, it would have made me nuts every time I washed it and had to look at mismatched wheels, your bike looks great, good luck with the rest of your build.

The following users liked this post:
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe (08-30-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:47 AM
strat10
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Man, those rims are sweet.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:52 AM
strat10
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Does running a bigger rim in the front and back change the handling?

Old 08-31-2017, 12:46 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by strat10
Does running a bigger rim in the front and back change the handling?
It did raise the bike up a little but it rides and handles so much better than before, some of that could be tires as well, I hated the stock tires! I went with metzeler marathon me888's big improvement for me. Had to relocate front fender up about an inch, very simple, two small brackets. It fills the stock fender out so much better than the oem 19 inch in my opinion. I'm thinking about putting a wrapped fender on but not sure yet.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Special Build.... (M8)