Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New M8 stage IV

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017 | 06:29 PM
RoadKingCop
Tourer

I'm of the mindset that "you bought an HD, not a sport bike." Make it sound better or breathe better, or a little cooler, but if you want faster, just buy a faster bike in the first place.

JMO
Ben

Old 07-31-2017 | 07:12 PM
bisonfan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RoadKingCop
I'm of the mindset that "you bought an HD, not a sport bike." Make it sound better or breathe better, or a little cooler, but if you want faster, just buy a faster bike in the first place.

JMO
Ben
Thanks for the advise.

Old 07-31-2017 | 10:18 PM
davewear
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RoadKingCop

JMO
Ben
I'm of the mindset that I totally understand why people would want more pull out of their Harley and not at all interested in a different and faster bike....

The following 3 users liked this post by davewear:
rdwild (09-25-2017), sixguns (08-01-2017), Xcrossbow (01-01-2018)
Old 07-31-2017 | 10:58 PM
bisonfan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by davewear
I'm of the mindset that I totally understand why people would want more pull out of their Harley and not at all interested in a different and faster bike....
I don't mean to high jack this thread but you just nailed it. Not everyone has to increase their bikes power, but those who want to shouldn't have to be ridiculed. It's nice to have this outlet to compare results without having some *** hat telling me that's it's a waste of money. Rant over.

The following 2 users liked this post by bisonfan:
Heatwave (08-29-2018), sportglide (01-26-2018)
Old 08-01-2017 | 08:13 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bisonfan
I don't mean to high jack this thread but you just nailed it. Not everyone has to increase their bikes power, but those who want to shouldn't have to be ridiculed. It's nice to have this outlet to compare results without having some *** hat telling me that's it's a waste of money. Rant over.

Old 08-01-2017 | 08:28 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (05-08-2018)
Old 09-23-2017 | 05:12 PM
JWSRG
3rd Gear

Do the cam anyway. I have the stage 4 with a TTS mastertune and sent it out to a tuner. Only 119 hp and 112 lbs of torqe at the rear wheel. I believ e Harley's numbers are at the crank not the wheel. Its false advertisement. I'm doing a Tman 226 CAM or the SE 447 and a Fullsac header and 2.0 baffles. Forget the warranty. The bike is gutless unless I'm in the range of RPMs where I'm getting 27 miles to a gallon. Check out Fullsac Performance. He has played around with the stage four and using the different Cams to get the torqe all the way across the board. I believe he hit 130+ lbs of tourqe with the 447 cam. Although Harley doesn't recommend it I say the hell with it I want a bike I'm not redlining all over the place just to have the power. Below is a snap shot of what Fullsac has on their page.
[img]webkit-fake-url://ce0f75d2-e02f-48eb-8fbc-83eda703e0cb/imagepng[/img]

QUOTE=swellmiller;16381055]I did a stage 4 on my 2017 roadglide wet head similar results 116HP 104TQ
My opinion is this is barely scratching the potential of this upgrade it is a dog at low RPM but get it revved up like passing on the highway its a rush.
Once my warranty is up im adding an after market tune TTS or similar this will give at least another 10% so 127 HP and 114 TQ if this doesn't smarten up the low end the CAM is next its is already known that the SE 515 cam basically sucks, I will put in a mid range aftermarket CAM.
I might not wait to long on the tune my dealer is very forgiving if I get a DYNO I will post it they have the TTS in stock same tune as the PRO race tuners that are banned due to EPA[/QUOTE]

Old 09-23-2017 | 05:24 PM
JWSRG
3rd Gear

Lois of power is he motor sumping. Harley is putting highflow oil pumps on all the M8s that had the stage 4 make sure the inspect the top end and the crank resistance. They have had to replace a few motors because the oil getting stuck in the crank case. I lost power to mine and I couldn't get it above 30 mph the bike overheated I got with my laser temp reader and it read 642 degrees fareinheight. Harley said no damage done after a complete takedown of the top end but I don't know if I believe it or not. I was In the dealer four times before it lost all power after the stage 4 build complaining of massive heat so hot I couldn't ride it. I was told welcome to the world of aircooled motors. 6 weeks later I lost all power and two days after that Harley issued a TBO bulletin. My service guy apologized for not believing me. But you know how much life did I take off the motor by running it in the 400degree range for 1600 miles before they admitted it was problem. Now my forward cylinder won't stop dripping oil and I'm told it means the tech did a superb job by living the studs very well to get a great seat. I finally said bill crap the bike overheated it ran with no oil in the cylinders I'm no harley tech but all the laws of physics tell the cylinder is warpped. Kinda took all the fun out off my first Harley with all the BS I have been through. Got 3200 miles on the thing and all I can smell is burning oil and I swear I feel some resistance more than I felt before it over heated.

QUOTE=swellmiller;16481622]The M8 pulls timing when it's hot under load it's part of the design I believe they say it's for heat management but I doubt that. Cheers!!![/QUOTE]

The following 2 users liked this post by JWSRG:
Bcapwell (01-01-2018), sportglide (01-26-2018)
Old 01-01-2018 | 10:59 AM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Sorry....... wrong thread.....

Attached Thumbnails New M8 stage IV-1st-17-rk-dyno.jpg   New M8 stage IV-2nd-17-rk-dyno.jpg  

Last edited by MotoJockey; 01-01-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-01-2018 | 01:05 PM
LoneWoolf
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by rdwild
Am I complaining about nothing, or is there some way I can contact HD corporate and get a resolution to this?
Did you get a written guarantee that your Dyno numbers would be identical to the numbers that they show on their website?

Quick Reply: New M8 stage IV