Sponsored by:

Now my M8 is having this issue too:

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Piloto
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 18,478 Likes on 5,666 Posts
Default Now my M8 is having this issue too:

Just like every other bike I've owned. I'm working too much and can't take this baby out nearly as much is I need to. I'm in Australia right now, and fly home tomorrow. Two days after I fly home, wife is having shoulder surgery [labrum and possibly rotator cuff], so I will be out tending to her for a couple weeks via FMLA.

Right about the time she is healed up and I can ride again, back to work for another two weeks. I'll be lucky if I can get on the bike for more than 30 minutes during the next month. We were going to ride to Sturgis this year, but Dr. doesn't think she'll be up for a ride by then though. Looking more like a "staycation" this year now. Oh well, maybe next year.

Sorry, just had to vent. I do consider myself blessed that I have a great family and a great job. The M8 continues to be the best motorcycle I've ever owned, and surprises me with something new every time that I ride it. I just wish I could ride it more.

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 06:08 PM
dwagar
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

you could always find a surrogate. Someone that is willing to ride it around for you. They could take pics, maybe a video, and keep you updated on how your bike is doing.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by dwagar
you could always find a surrogate. Someone that is willing to ride it around for you. They could take pics, maybe a video, and keep you updated on how your bike is doing.
**** sign me up!

Really though what I do is use the bike to run errands. If you have to run somewhere for anything really, just ride. Even a 20 minute hop can be enough to keep your head level and help with stress. I wish your wife the best too and I hope she heals up ok.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:17 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaharley
**** sign me up!

Really though what I do is use the bike to run errands. If you have to run somewhere for anything really, just ride. Even a 20 minute hop can be enough to keep your head level and help with stress. I wish your wife the best too and I hope she heals up ok.
Yep it's surprising how many times I have used my bike to go get stuff from Walmart or go to pick up take out. Just take the long way.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Piloto
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 18,478 Likes on 5,666 Posts

Thanks y'all. That's actually what I plan on doing. Even though it's going to be 100° plus in my AO, i'm planning on doing all of the errands on the bike. Amazing how many bags of groceries you can fit in an Ultra.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dixonk
Yep it's surprising how many times I have used my bike to go get stuff from Walmart or go to pick up take out. Just take the long way.
I have a milk crate on the back of the dual sport for that reason. I've picked up groceries, brought my front wheel off my dyna in for a new tire(that was a little rough), pick up Chinese food or tacos. Its nice being able to not have to use a car.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:46 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaharley
I have a milk crate on the back of the dual sport for that reason. I've picked up groceries, brought my front wheel off my dyna in for a new tire(that was a little rough), pick up Chinese food or tacos. Its nice being able to not have to use a car.
KLR? You said milk crate and that's the first thing that jumped in my head lol.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member

WR. It's technically a half a milk crate. It's WxL is equal.