Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a Good Price for a new 2017 SGS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017 | 09:49 PM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Firebolter
If you can wait, I would definitely wait till the 18's come out for a 17. Right now, dealers aren't cutting much deals on 17's except for 1st service, some free stuff etc. There will be quite a few 17 SGS around come August. They are probably one of the most produced bikes in the HD line up.

The real question (for me anyway) was I wanted the new motor and I wanted it before the next round of emissions standards come in (2020 EUR5). In the near future, ALL bikes (especially V-Twins) will have to be water cooled to meet the forthcoming standards the EPA will impose. More complicated EFI systems, more sensors, more crap---

I'm not sure about that. I think that depends on the market. In my market, there is an abundance of dealers. Just bought new SGS with NO prep or freight and $1800 off the list....likely could have done better, but didn't feel like spending 5 hours of my day on games. My negotiations took all of 10 minutes.....

Lon

Old 06-02-2017 | 09:53 PM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bradn
It wouldn't hurt to see how far you can get. If it were me, I'd work the new bike without mention of a trade. I would offer $1.5K off MSRP, plus no freight or set up fees with 1k and 5k service tossed in. If you get that done, then you can talk trade and know exactly what you paid for the new bike and exactly what you got on your trade. You can always walk away and come back when the '18 come out. The math starts to get fuzzy when you are working strictly out the door numbers, so I would avoid that.
I will politely disagree here. The out the door number is ALL that matters. Even if they tell you they are not charging you prep or freight, or are "giving" you the 1000 service, internally, the sales department still has to pay for those things...but NONE of that matters to you.......all that matters to you is how much money comes out of your pocket when all is said and done.....and THAT is the out the door price.....

Lon

Old 06-03-2017 | 10:40 AM
Colorado Mac
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by PootieTang
$23k OTD for a vivid black
Thanks - that is good information!

Old 06-03-2017 | 10:41 AM
Colorado Mac
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
I'm not sure about that. I think that depends on the market. In my market, there is an abundance of dealers. Just bought new SGS with NO prep or freight and $1800 off the list....likely could have done better, but didn't feel like spending 5 hours of my day on games. My negotiations took all of 10 minutes.....

Lon
More good information - thanks!

Old 06-03-2017 | 10:42 AM
Colorado Mac
|
Stellar HDF Member

I will politely disagree here. The out the door number is ALL that matters. Even if they tell you they are not charging you prep or freight, or are "giving" you the 1000 service, internally, the sales department still has to pay for those things...but NONE of that matters to you.......all that matters to you is how much money comes out of your pocket when all is said and done.....and THAT is the out the door price.....

Lon
Yup, that's my opinion as well.

Old 06-03-2017 | 11:14 AM
hairymoth
Road Warrior

Just one additional complication on your decision making process if you are not sure about buying a 2017 M8 because it is the fist year...

Some dealers are offering a "get all your money back on a qualified upgrade" promotion. Buy a smaller 103 this year and in 2018, trade up and get your entire purchase price back on the upgrade.

http://powersportsfinance.com/harley...e-like-offers/

Old 06-03-2017 | 01:40 PM
bradn
Road Master

Lon
I totally get the OTD number is the bottom line. However to me, it's all about how you get there, and understanding how you got there. My experience has been that I would rather work the deal to obtain the OTD price by negotiating line by line down to the OTD price. But hey, at the end of the day, if one is happy with the bottom line number, all is good.