Sponsored by:

Some of you might not like this

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 11:49 AM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JShep70
I too have been looking for the sound i like.
stock too quiet
jackpot with fuillsac 2.25" cores = poppy sounding, not deep
jackpot with MK45 without baffle = deep at idle still a popping/bark but too loud for me
jackpot with Mk45 and DB killers = best so far for me but not happy. Right side is still a louder pipe and it still has that higher toned popping/bark sound when on throttle

My plans were to change to the Fullsac MX header in hopes the crossover helps make better use of the left pipe and gets a deeper tone. The jackpot is much like the oem which is a 2-1 with that weird 90 degree tag in for the left side.

I am running the woods 222 cam as well.

I believe my Rinehart 4.5 do not have a popping bark as you describe, I did have w Cannons.. I have a 117 kit Sage III.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:58 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

I have the street cannon's and stage II torque cam. Sounded pretty good, but once I put the Jackpot head-pipe on, the volume is definitely there. That cat really chokes things out. Still not crazy about the Cannon's, but if you want loud, the cat-less head-pipe is a step in the right direction - lowers the note also. Will probably try the V&H slip-on's next, as the tinny sound of the cannon's were really exaggerated once I put the new head-pipe on.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:53 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,093 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by jclax01
Anyway, back on topic. I am absolutely not changing the header and air intake. In my mind there just isn't the bang for the buck.
Exactly what I'm doing. Just put some Jackpot M8 slip-ons from fuelmoto last week. I really like them. Decent at idle, and wake up when ya roll on the throttle.

I just can't see the extra$$$ to chase a little bit more performance and sound.

Plus, the M8 pulls like a freight train. I'm very happy with it.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:32 AM
band1t
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by glebo
Exactly what I'm doing. Just put some Jackpot M8 slip-ons from fuelmoto last week. I really like them. Decent at idle, and wake up when ya roll on the throttle.

I just can't see the extra$$$ to chase a little bit more performance and sound.

Plus, the M8 pulls like a freight train. I'm very happy with it.
Same here, thinking of just putting on some 4" Rinehart slip-ons for a subtle improvement on sound and looks, but nothing drastic. Love the chrome muffler with black tip too. Had CFRs on my '12 Street Glide and those had a great sound on them, just ready for something different.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:39 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,526 Posts

I talked to fuel moto yesterday about their jackpot head pipe, they didn't do a good job selling it to me. The guy basically said a decatted stock head pipe is almost as good, said sound change from stock is only a couple of decibels. $500 for a couple of decibels doesn't seem like a bang for the buck deal. There is a guy with 100% positive feedback on eBay selling decatted M8 heap pipes for $150. That may be the best route to get the small benefits and save some cabbage.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:00 AM
JShep70
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
I talked to fuel moto yesterday about their jackpot head pipe, they didn't do a good job selling it to me. The guy basically said a decatted stock head pipe is almost as good, said sound change from stock is only a couple of decibels. $500 for a couple of decibels doesn't seem like a bang for the buck deal. There is a guy with 100% positive feedback on eBay selling decatted M8 heap pipes for $150. That may be the best route to get the small benefits and save some cabbage.
If you do plan to run target tune or any other wideband the jackpoot does have both bungs to make that simple. The oe uses a small o2 and the widebands will not fit.

Having a factory pipe on hand if you sell the bike or need to go back to stock is also worth something.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:23 AM
bigsteve113
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with Vance & Hines 4" Twin Slash Rounds. Not loud, but louder than stock and much deeper tone. Appears to have improved my MPG, but I have only filled up once since installing them Friday. I am perfectly satisfied with this on my Ultra Classic, as the wife and I plan to do some serious touring with this bike (nearing retirement) in the near future. I really like the Ultra this way, just enough noise and rumble to assure me I'm on a Harley. I have my '07 RK for making noise when I want !!!

Old 05-31-2017, 12:56 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

This was helpful. I was wondering about the header making a difference or not.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:12 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
This post is incorrect, talked to Fullsac today and they do not have a head pipe available for the M8 yet.
Looking at that pic and the "adapter" welded on to go from normal 1 & 1/2 inch to 2 inch outlet on the head pipe, do we expect Fullsac to have the smartness to bring out a header that has both sides setup for 1 1/2 inch, so we can use old school slip fits on the new M8 bikes?

or did some other company bring out a normal sized pipe already?

Old 10-13-2017, 09:36 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

No EPA in the UK!!

Love the sound from my V&H Hi Outputs and Power Duals headers.
The headers make a massive difference as well as getting rid of the cat and the associated heat...

Attachment 620755

Quick Reply: Some of you might not like this