Sponsored by:

Some of you might not like this

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Island Quest
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Happy with mine..

Rhinehart 4 inch slipons..K&N filter in stock air box..and Tune...good sound..not to loud ..nice deep n smooth..runs great..I'm done

The following 2 users liked this post by Island Quest:
Bigaj2 (09-01-2017), bigsteve113 (05-31-2017)
Old 05-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I now have Rinehart 4.5" stock head pipe, I had Cannon on (for sale) they are louder than Rinehart but had a audible pop that hurt my left ear (couldn't tell you why), I was pleased to hear my dealer said good to go w aftermarket slip-ons, otherwise stock would haft to go back on.. The Rineharts IMO have a even tone, no strong after tone (audible pop), can be to loud on the highway, but the tone is good to my left ear I feel good where I'm at with these.. did consider cutting out cat, maybe consider is a thing of the past now.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:12 PM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

Originally Posted by jclax01
I just rode up to a dealer this morning for a little fresh air. Pull into the dealership and sitting right next to me was a M8 street glide with Rinehart 4.5 mufflers and the Rinehart slim line headers. Ok this is the first M8 with headers that I have seen in person. this little bitty woman comes out (maybe 5'4" tall) and its her ride. my first thought is that no way is this little bitty woman handling that bike. so we strike up a convo. she traded her 05 ultra classic in for the street glide. ok this little chick is serious I am thinking. I could not imagine her on a full dresser but hey if she can handle it. But anyway back to the point of the story.

I tell her that I have been waiting on the owner to come out so I could hear the set up. of course she accomondates me as she is about to leave. Turns it on, I hear it at idle, revs it a bit for me sitting there, she gets on it and takes off down the road so I hear how it sounds under acceleration.

Now the part that some of you will not like.... It sounded EXACTLY the same as my M8 with just slip on's. here is her set up. Rinehart 4.5 muffler, Rinehart slim line header, screaming eagle air and tune. it was not louder or deeper. it sounded 100% the same as my bike. Now some of you with this set up will probably disagree, but I am sure it was exactly the same. Now I have no idea of what kind of power she gained, but for what she paid for the set up, I would be completely unhappy with the sound difference. Just my 2 cents.

Oh come on man. You get me all excited figuring the itty bitty chick and u got it on.

Wuz waiting for a COOL...........WOW SHE IS SO SEXY story as you roll over to her place and............well, do I have to make the whole story up 'meself?

man u r making me work too hard. It is Sunday you know.

jclax01, the next time u start a story like this, let me know. I will finish it for you. Damn........

BuzzCap7

Old 05-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Originally Posted by EC1956
These are the kind of posts I look forward to. Real first hand info in person rather than just YouTube videos. I've been in the process of getting a better and louder sound and am on my second set of slip ons.
I wanted to take it a step at a time rather than throw a lot of money right off the bat on a full stage II or III upgrade, thinking I would probably be happy with just slip ons. Well, I was wrong.

My first set was the Khrome Werks 4.5 slip ons, thinking I wanted to get that big deep and loud sound. Well, these ended up being too quiet. Actually, before I even put them on I ordered the baffle inserts thinking without them it might be too loud, but they weren't close to being loud, so they came out after a short time. They got just a touch louder and deeper but not close to what I was looking for.

I then changed to a set of Firebrand slip ons, as I had a set of Firebrand exhaust on my previous Wide Glide and I thought they were the best sounding exhaust, so I of course carried that thinking over to my RG. Well even though they sounded a bit more aggressive and a bit louder, it was still not enough. The only other M8 exhaust I've heard in person was my sales guy's who had the Kerker Stouts on, kept the stock headpipe, but also had a full stage III upgrade done. I thought his setup sounded quite good but wondered how much of it was the stage III.

So, I finally decide to go a stage II with the torque cam thinking this would finally do it, get that sound I was after, and a bit more power. Well, guess what? It definitely sounds better and louder but not by a lot! Each step I've taken has only improved by a notch but I wanted several notches lol.

Ok so finally....what's needed to get it to that next level. I was thinking headpipe change would for sure do it as I'm 1 notch away from getting a really good decent sound. Well, if people are starting to say the headpipe makes little difference if any, than I would rather change the mufflers. Those Kerker Stouts are looking more appealing....

BTW, I do have the Khrome Werks 4.5 slips ons for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Good for those wanting a bit deeper rumble, but not much more than stock
I've got a friend with Kerker Stouts, TTS tuner and decatted stock head pipe and it sounds good! I've got RCX slip ons but stock head pipe and his sounds much better all across the RPM range. I'm debating whether to decat my pipe or buy the fuel moto head pipe.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:00 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 492 Likes on 289 Posts

Hmm, interesting. I haven't been fortunate enough to hear a M8 with headers. Of the few aftermarket mufflers I have heard, I like the Rineharts and SE the best. Really would like to hear the FM Jackpots and the Cobra NHs everyone talks about here. But neither of those brands are very popular in my neck of the woods. And just too **** more people off...I honestly think the stock set-up sounds really good. It's a little too quiet, but sounds damn good to me.

The following users liked this post:
arlington (10-14-2018)
Old 05-28-2017, 10:09 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Oh come on man. You get me all excited figuring the itty bitty chick and u got it on.

Wuz waiting for a COOL...........WOW SHE IS SO SEXY story as you roll over to her place and............well, do I have to make the whole story up 'meself?

man u r making me work too hard. It is Sunday you know.

jclax01, the next time u start a story like this, let me know. I will finish it for you. Damn........

BuzzCap7
LOL, I never used the word sexy in that whole thread. I just didn't look at her like that at all, I was just shocked that this little bitty chick had a big old touring bike.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:12 PM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

Originally Posted by jclax01
LOL, I never used the word sexy in that whole thread. I just didn't look at her like that at all, I was just shocked that this little bitty chick had a big old touring bike.
I hear you my friend. Sometimes that just does not add up. Funi tho.

You got a PIX of her 'n the bike maybe?

BuzzCap7

Old 05-28-2017, 10:17 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
I hear you my friend. Sometimes that just does not add up. Funi tho.

You got a PIX of her 'n the bike maybe?

BuzzCap7
hmmmm..... that would be a no and in my mind just a slight bit on the creepy side. LOL. I seriously did not look at her like that at all and I am pretty much a stare freak for hot chicks. lol

Old 05-28-2017, 10:19 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior

Anyway, back on topic. I am absolutely not changing the header and air intake. In my mind there just isn't the bang for the buck.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:27 PM
Beretta52
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I had Cobra NH slip-ons on my 17RGS & actually liked the sound even though the head pipe was stock. Unfortunately they did not work with extended stretched saddlebags I had put on the bike. Sold them & put stock pipes back on & have been listening to sound clip after sound clip on aftermarket pipes for these M8's. Most of them all sound the same on this new M8 engine. A few muffled more than others, maybe one or 2 raspier than another, but when it was all said & done, I finally decided on the RUSH Big Louie 4" slip-ons. They sounded the best, clear, deep & throaty, & they have extended tips to clear my extended bags by a couple inches. No other pipe vendor had the extended tips that extend more than 2" over normal tip extensions. On these M8 engines, I don't believe it's worth the money to change out the head pipe as I have heard a few with aftermarket headers & slip-ons and to be honest, they sound like those with just slip-on mufflers. Very disappointing because my
15 SGS had a full V&H system and that bike sounded awesome. These M8's are a whole new matter.

The following 3 users liked this post by Beretta52:
04ctd (10-12-2017), Alorredwingsfan (08-31-2017), SirWraithe (05-30-2017)

Quick Reply: Some of you might not like this