Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safe to say there will be no changes to 2018 RGS from 2017...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017 | 01:21 PM
mastergunnera8
Road Master

Wish:
1. CVO RG
2. CVO RGU with extended bags and the built into the fender LEDS
3. Cartridges in all touring forks (too much of a difference not to do!!)
4. NIce graphics or totally blank canvas
5. Get rid of the big hole in the Ultra saddlebag support (put in panels); or put lights in them stock(DUH!!!)

Last edited by mastergunnera8; 05-13-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2017 | 01:21 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sparky357
Well keep in mind it depend on where you live because besides mine I don't see much Harley's and mostly imports Triumph,Agusta,Guzzi,BMW etc People like what they like regardless of what we think.
Oh well, apparently people don't like heavy cruisers in your area because none in that list ARE heavy cruisers.
That's like walking out into the middle of a Nissan dealership and thinking, " Wow... Ford F150 sales must be bad! Ford needs to step it up!"

Fact is (published numbers wise) HD outsells just about everything short of DUI Cadillacs (mopeds) on this side of the Ocean.
I'm not saying its right, only that it is what it is. People like what they like I guess.

Old 05-14-2017 | 01:59 AM
Sparky357
Road Master

Originally Posted by dixonk
Probably because it's the ugliest bike known to man. They should rename it to the Birth Control Bike. It's that friggin ugly!
Wow your opinion really counts !!!!

Old 05-14-2017 | 09:40 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Wow your opinion really counts !!!!
Thanks. Oh and the designers at Indian must be functioning retards to design something so atrociously hideous. The bike is so ugly it looks like it has already been totaled.

Old 05-14-2017 | 10:10 AM
texaswiz
Banned

If there is anything I have learned over the decades about the MOCO it is that NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY is better at keeping a secret regarding the new line up of bikes than they are. They may suck at many other things but those people can keep a secret better than any other vehicle manufacturer on the face of the earth. We are now about 4 months away from the the introduction of the 2018 model year bikes and the speculation is already starting. Of course the factory already knows what is going to happen...but we drones don't. The parts manufacturers and sourcing people all know what is going to be new and improved...but we don't.
When you get right down to it, we are always the last to know anything, except when there is a recall. Then we are at the top of the "need to know" list.

Old 05-14-2017 | 10:16 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by texaswiz
If there is anything I have learned over the decades about the MOCO it is that NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY is better at keeping a secret regarding the new line up of bikes than they are. They may suck at many other things but those people can keep a secret better than any other vehicle manufacturer on the face of the earth. We are now about 4 months away from the the introduction of the 2018 model year bikes and the speculation is already starting. Of course the factory already knows what is going to happen...but we drones don't. The parts manufacturers and sourcing people all know what is going to be new and improved...but we don't.
When you get right down to it, we are always the last to know anything, except when there is a recall. Then we are at the top of the "need to know" list.
I would typically agree but HDF is amazing... we've known about just about everything big they planned before it dropped.

I mean we found out about the 96/6 speed, death and rebirth of the RG including actual pics of the new fairing 4 months before drop, the HO 103 complete with pics and some of the other Rushmore changes such as the tour pack redesign, and last but not least, the M8 including both oil and water cooled versions with pictures.

So the info does get out, it's just some people don't believe it.

Last edited by lp; 05-15-2017 at 01:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017 | 10:56 AM
Sparky357
Road Master

Originally Posted by dixonk
Thanks. Oh and the designers at Indian must be functioning retards to design something so atrociously hideous. The bike is so ugly it looks like it has already been totaled.
Oh yeah their sales are dropping rapidly because of your(nobody)opinion keep it up !!!!!

The following users liked this post:
steveg56 (05-17-2017)
Old 05-14-2017 | 11:46 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Oh yeah their sales are dropping rapidly because of your(nobody)opinion keep it up !!!!!
Never said the world wasn't full of people with crappy taste.

Old 05-14-2017 | 02:59 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior

Harley IMO will absolutely improve the head unit. that to me is a no brainer. and they will do it to keep up with the clearly superior head unit that's on the indian now. How the bike looks has zero bearing on that. A little thing about audio tech. the head unit is obsolete by the time a model is released. tech is moving just that fast. And who says they have to scrape everything that was developed with the current unit? trust me there are very few things that are started from scratch. you are talking about an upgrade on the chip set maybe the power requirements, and the screen.

Old 05-14-2017 | 03:12 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TriGeezer

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Way out in left field here but..... I wouldn't be surprised to see a major upgrade to the Boombox, maybe full Bluetooth capability. They need something to appeal to the touring folks now that the M8 shine has worn off.... some reason to upgrade from a '17 to an '18.
You may be right about the Boombox. But, IMHO the percentage of riders that upgrade by one model year is low.
Agree, A Boombox would probably attract only a very few '17 -> '18 upgraders.
But there are probably a bunch of '14 to '16 owners that were just about to jump to a '17 for the M8.. but held back. A new Boombox could be just the nudge that crowd needs to upgrade to a '18 w/ an M8.

Also agree about Bluetooth. It seems insane to me that you need to plugin.

Quick Reply: Safe to say there will be no changes to 2018 RGS from 2017...