Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's been having to add transmission fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Settertude
Cruiser
Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by GTK
No,your not daft.OP that started this thread was the person who started another thread in which he explains what was done to another members bike"StevenL808" by a HD rep.and that member feels his transfer problem may be cured.
Thank you, sir. I have enough reason to believe I'm losing it, without adding more.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00
Just put in a variable pressure clutch

I have one of these in my '09 but you can get them for the hydraulic clutch as well. (Link is for a '17 Limited) Night and Day difference in the pull! I got one for my '09 that I got the FM Big Bore kit in and the bigger spring made the clutch pull heavy as well. This made it easier then it was stock.

I added that and it did help. The one on your 09 is different and can give you up to 40% reduction at the lever. The newer style one for the Slip and Assist clutch you only get about 20%. While welcomed, it's not nearly as nice as the old setup I had on my 2011 CVO Ultra.

Harley could make it better as they did on the 2013-2015 CVO Softail Deluxe. I put a couple of AIM variable pressure clutch and the pull at the lever is very comfortable, much like the setup I had on the 2011 CVO Ultra. The CVO Deluxe 13-15 is a Slip and Assist so Harley got it right on the Master/Slave cylinder setup on those models. It's all about the bore on the internals of the master/slave cylinders.

The following users liked this post:
jamala00 (02-05-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 08:56 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 985 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
until it starts fading in hot stop and go traffic..I hated that on my past bikes..love the hydraulic, no more adjusting either
Yeah, phew. Adjusting that clutch cable was a bitch, wasn't it.............

Old 02-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,018 Likes on 4,065 Posts

until it starts fading in hot stop and go traffic..I hated that on my past bikes..love the hydraulic, no more adjusting either
Learn to pop it into neutral and coast as mush as you can.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:18 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,374 Likes on 4,782 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
Learn to pop it into neutral and coast as mush as you can.
yeah, I'll have to 'learn' that next time at Reno Street Vibrations in 105 temp at 5pm on the freeway bumper to bumper stop and go for an hour,...I'll stick with hydraulic and GTF out of traffic sooner instead but thanks for the brilliant tip

Old 02-06-2018, 09:27 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by not a sock
Yeah, phew. Adjusting that clutch cable was a bitch, wasn't it.............
if it was just the cable..you do realize you have to also get inside the derby cover right? anyway, first hydraulic clutch for me and no looking back now

Old 02-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,018 Likes on 4,065 Posts

yeah, I'll have to 'learn' that next time at Reno Street Vibrations in 105 temp at 5pm on the freeway bumper to bumper stop and go for an hour,...I'll stick with hydraulic and GTF out of traffic sooner instead but thanks for the brilliant tip

I can see that as being problem.. Feel sorry for the motor also.. The Times I went we only hit the places after dark or got parked early.. Good ridding near Truckee and Tahoe. You one of the guys cruising down C Street in Virginia City??

Old 02-06-2018, 09:53 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
I can see that as being problem.. Feel sorry for the motor also.. The Times I went we only hit the places after dark or got parked early.. Good ridding near Truckee and Tahoe. You one of the guys cruising down C Street in Virginia City??
been all over the whole area several times..Mt Rose above Tahoe with snow on Memorial weekend too, cold AF...guess we all learn the hard way thru all our travels in snow, rain, sleet, hail, wind, scorching temps, dumpster fire traffic jams..all part of the adventure..still learning, last July to Glacier triple digit temps forecast for the whole week, only packed mesh, hydration vest, etc...poured on the east side of Glacier on the way and we froze our nuts off...next day almost passed out from heat exhaustion...crazy chit traveling on a motorcycle eh! anyway, sorry OP for getting OT..oh wait, that's me so screw that! LOL

The following 2 users liked this post by mjwebb:
cookiemech (02-07-2018), Fatarrow (02-08-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 07:37 PM
pappashelby
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Update

Originally Posted by pappashelby
I have added oil twice in the last 1800 miles. Just checked it is at the bottom of stick again. Seems there might be a fix now so I called Folsom Harley to get it looked at. They said don't believe everything you read on the internet its not true but they are going to look at it. So we will see.
Got my 1k miles today so took it back so they could measure any transfer. Said it transferred 12oz and they called Harley. Harley told him there was bulletin and a kit coming out soon. Said he would get me back in soon as they get it. Time shall tell

Old 02-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pappashelby
Got my 1k miles today so took it back so they could measure any transfer. Said it transferred 12oz and they called Harley. Harley told him there was bulletin and a kit coming out soon. Said he would get me back in soon as they get it. Time shall tell
Looking forward to seeing this new TSB and Kit.

Quick Reply: who's been having to add transmission fluid?