Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's been having to add transmission fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 06:25 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by B00001
No official "fix" as of yet. There will be. Stay tuned....
I wish I could say I have as much confidence in your prediction as you have.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:09 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,690 Likes on 1,671 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamma742
Is there a P/N for the fix? (just in case it starts happening later)
This part in the latest pictures in NOT a fix. While it helps some bikes there are several people on this site that have had it done already and it hasn't solved anything. They are no closer today to a fix than they were when the bikes came out over a year ago. I wish it weren't like this but it is what it is.

The following 3 users liked this post by Steve Cole:
04ctd (12-20-2017), Bigiron (12-21-2017), Gamma742 (12-23-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 07:22 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,375 Likes on 4,783 Posts

I'm convinced 100% the MOCO knows exactly what the problem is but can't stomach the thought of formally and publicly exposing it because it's a hot mess for them to open that can of worms that will be a huge effort, financial loss and brand impact. So they will downplay it as long as possible to mitigate damage control. i mean seriously, how hard can this be for the development and engineering teams to isolate and identify the cause. It's not like there's a 100 possibilities. Since they have already come forth saying some transfer is normal then that would imply they should know where and why it's happening right? unless of course they are FOS and just trying to cover it up

Last edited by mjwebb; 12-20-2017 at 07:25 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by mjwebb:
103Eagle (12-21-2017), big papa AZ (12-21-2017), FM500 (12-21-2017), rockymtman (01-05-2018), torgoth (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I'm convinced 100% the MOCO knows exactly what the problem is but can't stomach the thought of formally and publicly exposing it because it's a hot mess for them to open that can of worms that will be a huge effort, financial loss and brand impact. So they will downplay it as long as possible to mitigate damage control. i mean seriously, how hard can this be for the development and engineering teams to isolate and identify the cause. It's not like there's a 100 possibilities. Since they have already come forth saying some transfer is normal then that would imply they should know where and why it's happening right? unless of course they are FOS and just trying to cover it up
If they don't quit screwing around pretty quick some ole boy with deep pockets and a lawyer is going to start working on this. Maybe it would help if they can elevate it to a class action suit. I am like you, I feel absolutely certain that after this long they damn sure know what the trouble is and they simply do not want to pay to fix it. I say screw em because that is exactly what they are doing to us.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:54 PM
torgoth
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCS
Both my tires were below 30psi, trans oil was below the dipstick, and rear shock was set to zero.

regards,
All 4 of my spark plugs were loose and the front two exhaust flange bolts and the crossover pipe clamp were all loose

Old 12-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Steve Helton
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
They sure didn't hesitate to take our money when we bought them.If it were Ford or Chevy people would be filling the parking lots with them law suits and lemon laws would be a plenty.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:50 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,855 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Helton
They sure didn't hesitate to take our money when we bought them.If it were Ford or Chevy people would be filling the parking lots with them law suits and lemon laws would be a plenty.
Nah, car manufacturers, they'll wait 7-9 years until some unknown threshold of people die and then come forward. Case(s) in point, Chevy ignition issue, Import air bag issues... etc

Last edited by lp; 12-21-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:52 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,854 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Nah, car manufacturers, they'll wait 7-9 years until some unknown threshold of people die and then come forward. Case(s) in point, Chevy ignition issue, Import air bag issues... etc
So true! My wife’s 07 Mustang has the defective air bag. Ford sends us the recall notices, she calls the dealership and gets told they don’t have the replacement parts and don’t have a timeline on when they will have them. This has been going on for at least two years!

Old 12-21-2017, 11:06 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,219 Likes on 7,377 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold
So true! My wife’s 07 Mustang has the defective air bag. Ford sends us the recall notices, she calls the dealership and gets told they don’t have the replacement parts and don’t have a timeline on when they will have them. This has been going on for at least two years!
Yeah we are in the same situation with our 09 GT. They did finally get the drivers side replaced, but still waiting almost a year later for the passenger side. But hey they warned us right! Don't let anyone ride in the passenger seat! LOL

Old 12-21-2017, 11:31 AM
bikerchronicles
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when checking mine periodically it's been dropping mmm
Someone who may have good insight on this issue and a few other is Steve over at TTS Tuners in So Cal. Google his # and see if you can get him on the line. Yup he is the developer of the TTS Tuner and other after market products including Cams and pipes. Check him out. but be warned he may have a slight attitude about some issues.

Quick Reply: who's been having to add transmission fluid?