Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's been having to add transmission fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 03:24 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 537 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
The 2014 FLHR, FLHRC and FLHRSE are among the bikes listed in TA0022.

I stand corrected. For some reason I thought it was only Rushmore models with hydraulic clutches. Guess I have to read more carefully.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:14 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

When I took my 16 in with the problem they didn't even argue . Tech checked everything called Harley with pictures and got the ok to repair. I'm not gonna have it done until spring.Wanted to ride it as long as I can before winter.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:43 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
I just called the MoCo had to go through 2 people to get to the right one, but it went fast and it was easy. They was very nice as I was to them. He had to look up TA0022, he found it but he didn't know much about it. I told him I will not buy a new Harley that transfers transmission oil in to the primary. I also said to him in a calm nice way that I don't like the MoCo saying now that some transfer is normal. I told him I won't buy a bike that could transfer oil from one side and have to refill it then go over to the other side and drain it back out, I find this ridiculous. He was nice and understanding. He looked it up and seen I had a 14 King, I told him how much I love the bike, and if the MoCo will not fix the transfer problem, I will just keep mine and put my money in to my 14 and keep this one. He said he would be sure that my concerns will get to the engineering department, he said they work on stuff like this every day. All in all it was a pleasant call, I hope he took it seriously.
Would be good for us if more people called them with this concern.

Sounds as though they showed empathy and made the right listening sounds to appease you, however, we all know they could care less. Inquiring minds want to know if they knew who you are or if you had to tell them....

Old 10-30-2017, 08:35 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 367 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
Sounds as though they showed empathy and made the right listening sounds to appease you, however, we all know they could care less. Inquiring minds want to know if they knew who you are or if you had to tell them....
He was almost to nice, and I was nice to him. I don't think I did much to help, but I tried, did what I could. I wish a lot more people would call but unless you know your bike is doing it , it's normal that most won't.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:28 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

he said they work on stuff like this every day.
Hilarious. Glad to know the MoCo is swamped with irrate customers. Makes me feel proud to be an owner

I hope he took it seriously.
It doesn't sound like he did.

The following users liked this post:
GPHDXLC (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 02:30 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
When I took my 16 in with the problem they didn't even argue . Tech checked everything called Harley with pictures and got the ok to repair. I'm not gonna have it done until spring.Wanted to ride it as long as I can before winter.
What "repair"? So far there isn't one.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:23 AM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by ocezam
What "repair"? So far there isn't one.
the rushmore models have a fix. They install the crank case seal and o ring. That is the fix for that particular model but not ours. I havent noticed any transfer in mine as of yet but Im pretending its an older model so Im not checking the trans level.............

Old 11-01-2017, 08:34 AM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by TomcatCV62
the rushmore models have a fix. They install the crank case seal and o ring. That is the fix for that particular model but not ours. I havent noticed any transfer in mine as of yet but Im pretending its an older model so Im not checking the trans level.............

Not to cause a disagreement but......that fix is mentioned in the TA, not sure if it really fixes the issue on them or not. Can anyone with a 14-16 comment on this from personal experience? I have not heard of anyone having this issue within those model years. Was considering going back to a 16 until I saw the TA.......

Eagle Out

Old 11-01-2017, 08:53 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,855 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by 103Eagle
Not to cause a disagreement but......that fix is mentioned in the TA, not sure if it really fixes the issue on them or not. Can anyone with a 14-16 comment on this from personal experience? I have not heard of anyone having this issue within those model years. Was considering going back to a 16 until I saw the TA.......

Eagle Out
Somewhere in the 50 threads about this issue there was a guy who had it done to his 15/16 and it did in fact correct the issue. Good luck finding it though...

103Eagle (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 09:06 AM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Somewhere in the 50 threads about this issue there was a guy who had it done to his 15/16 and it did in fact correct the issue. Good luck finding it though...
Yep, between the 4-5 threads about migration I remember this....... From memory, he said it worked and thats the reason the MOCO started doing this on the M8's. Im sure they were hoping it would work on our year.

103Eagle (11-01-2017)

Quick Reply: who's been having to add transmission fluid?