Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's been having to add transmission fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 11:46 AM
dDavid
Tourer
Received 104 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
While not a 17 but I just finished a 2018 CVO 117 engine with aftermarket exhaust. Checked all fluids before starting and after completing all the work and tuning it had transferred 10 oz.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,690 Likes on 1,671 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
Holy $h!t Batman! can't imagine the customer, who probably has $45K into after all this..is very thrilled..damn, just damn..guessing you will be suggesting your recent 'workaround' modification to him? or since it's new with warranty let him fight with the ****, er' MOCO
Not going to spoil his long weekend with his new toy. I am very grateful to him to allow us to use his bike to get our new 2018 Mastertune development done, so I just told him to keep an eye on it for now.

with a bounty to shoot the messenger? need to go after the Kingpin
You all know, never believe anyone on the Internet............ that's what HD has been saying! So it's all your fault.

Old 09-01-2017, 03:11 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,375 Likes on 4,783 Posts

So it's all your fault.
yeah, married 'Mrs. Wright'..been told that a lot

Old 09-01-2017, 04:00 PM
scooterbum46
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Not going to spoil his long weekend with his new toy. I am very grateful to him to allow us to use his bike to get our new 2018 Mastertune development done, so I just told him to keep an eye on it for now.
Just got to wondering - will HD do the right thing or enforce the "no warranty on bikes with non-EPA accepted mods" thing when it comes to whatever the fix is for this problem....

Old 09-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Does the MOCO have their own "fab" shop to test out stuff

I will ask the question because I really do not know the answer. Maybe some former employees who worked in one of the MOCO assembly plants will know the correct answer:
"Does the MOCO have their own in house fab shop (maybe in Wauwatosa, WI, where they work on problems like this or do they typically farm out things like this transmission problem to out of house firms? I would think they have some engineers who design and then build prototypes to test them out.
No speculation please. Just trying to get some insight here as to why this appears to be such a hard problem to fix. Now that they know that this problem is so wide spread I am having a problem getting my head around the fact that is taking so long to remedy it.
Some engineer(s) had to design the M8 transmission. Where the hell are they now?

Last edited by Retrop; 09-01-2017 at 07:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Steve Helton (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 09:03 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Mine is transferring. It's a junk Harley design or production issue. It's not like the whole world hasn't a clue about seals and such,,,, It's just Harley hasn't a clue. And the M8 has how many marketing hours in development and engineering into the M8? What was there marketing BS concerning our M8's. They kiss obummers *** and his epa and can't build a tranny right. Just get in line with me and buy a damn Baker Box and tell Harley to suck a dick. Baker will even include a one time use tool to set the pre WWII seal right.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:25 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by psyshack
And the M8 has how many marketing hours in development and engineering into the M8? What was there marketing BS concerning our M8's.
"1.5 million miles and 7000 hours of accelerated dyno testing" the most tested and scrutinized project in their history...

Attached Thumbnails who's been having to add transmission fluid?-g3ib1.jpg  
Old 09-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Holy $h!t Batman! can't imagine the customer, who probably has $45K into after all this..is very thrilled..damn, just damn..guessing you will be suggesting your recent 'workaround' modification to him? or since it's new with warranty let him fight with the ****, er' MOCO
Originally Posted by scooterbum46
Just got to wondering - will HD do the right thing or enforce the "no warranty on bikes with non-EPA accepted mods" thing when it comes to whatever the fix is for this problem....
I feel pretty confident the dealer and MOCO aren't going to help this 'ol boy out. 2018 and already yanked the exhaust and non-EPA tuner.....shame on them though their product has turned to ****. I'm seriously thinking of trading mine for a boat or an Indian.

The following users liked this post:
ocezam (09-02-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 09:56 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
I'm seriously thinking of trading mine for a boat or an Indian.
same thing only different..LOL

Old 09-01-2017, 10:39 PM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
Mine is transferring. It's a junk Harley design or production issue. It's not like the whole world hasn't a clue about seals and such,,,, It's just Harley hasn't a clue. And the M8 has how many marketing hours in development and engineering into the M8? What was there marketing BS concerning our M8's. They kiss obummers *** and his epa and can't build a tranny right. Just get in line with me and buy a damn Baker Box and tell Harley to suck a dick. Baker will even include a one time use tool to set the pre WWII seal right.
Loosen up man and tell us how you really feel.

Quick Reply: who's been having to add transmission fluid?