Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's been having to add transmission fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 02:18 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by borrec
"You see, this is what peeve me about this forum."

Also all the postings that have nothing to do with oil transfer!

EXACTLY THE REASON I POSTED PREVIOUSLY ABOUT STAYIN ON TOPIC! MEMBERS MENTION ENDLESS PAGES ON A SUBJECT, GUESS THIS PROVES WHY.........GOOD INFO BUT TOO MUCH OTHER CHAT

AGAIN JUST SAYIN

EAGLE OUT

Old 08-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Macrunner
Cruiser
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 103Eagle
EXACTLY THE REASON I POSTED PREVIOUSLY ABOUT STAYIN ON TOPIC! MEMBERS MENTION ENDLESS PAGES ON A SUBJECT, GUESS THIS PROVES WHY.........GOOD INFO BUT TOO MUCH OTHER CHAT

AGAIN JUST SAYIN

EAGLE OUT

So you quote a guy saying to stay on topic, which is posting yet another message off topic. LMAO

Out of curiosity, just what are you hoping to see in this thread? When there is a fix, I am sure you won't have to read all 117 pages to figure it out.. Just sayin..

Old 08-20-2017, 03:18 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by ocezam
It's clear if you look at their income statement. 2/3 of their revenue and nearly 3/4 of the net profit come from sales of t-shirts, toys, piggy banks, lunch boxes etc. A small portion of income/net profit comes from motorcycles.
I'm not seeing it. Here is a snip of their 2nd Q 17 results. The MC revenue number looks larger.

Attached Thumbnails who's been having to add transmission fluid?-hd-fs.png  
Old 08-20-2017, 03:21 PM
Timberwolf2017
Road Captain
Received 274 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by borrec
"You see, this is what peeve me about this forum."

Also all the postings that have nothing to do with oil transfer!

Deleted

Last edited by Timberwolf2017; 08-20-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:35 PM
Macrunner
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Timberwolf2017
Is someone forcing you to read them?
Agreed... If they don't like it go sit at your dealer and complain. Until then, I am not letting HD off the hook for any of these issues. They are not going to get a "best bike ever" quote from me until they fix these problems for everyone.

As I mentioned before, every one of us are riding now wondering when our oil pressure lights are going to come on or if we have enough oil in our tranny. Maybe it bothers some more than others but the fact is people think about it every ride. This shouldn't be going on with a 23K ...32K ... 40K machine. It's actually complete bullsh#$ that they are getting away with it because of the loyalty of my generation. Once we are gone I can just about guarantee you the next gen isn't going to be so gracious.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:51 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 344 Likes on 247 Posts

Honestly, I don't think about the oil pressure light.

Which brings me to my pet peeve about the forum... people generalize too much. My bike has problems and I've read about a couple others on an internet forum so EVERY M8 has problems and everyone worries. On the other side of the coin people say my bike has no problems and is the best bike ever so they ALL must be the best bike Harley ever made.

Both of those extremes are wrong.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Macrunner
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rjjj629
Honestly, I don't think about the oil pressure light.

Which brings me to my pet peeve about the forum... people generalize too much. My bike has problems and I've read about a couple others on an internet forum so EVERY M8 has problems and everyone worries. On the other side of the coin people say my bike has no problems and is the best bike ever so they ALL must be the best bike Harley ever made.

Both of those extremes are wrong.
If you chose to use the words best bike every, knock yourself out. You have that right to feel that way and post it. I am only saying I refuse to until HD fixes these two or three major issues for everyone. Not just the folks that have reached catastrophic failure. If the factory warranty was 5 years, I might think different. But the fact is it's a 2 year warranty where most bikes are only seeing under 3K a year. HD is gambling you won't see the issue until it's out of warranty IMO. That really sucks on a 20K to 40K machine. I am sorry you don't get or see that.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Macrunner
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Macrunner
If you chose to use the words best bike every, knock yourself out. You have that right to feel that way and post it. I am only saying I refuse to until HD fixes these two or three major issues for everyone. Not just the folks that have reached catastrophic failure. If the factory warranty was 5 years, I might think different. But the fact is it's a 2 year warranty where most bikes are only seeing under 3K a year. HD is gambling you won't see the issue until it's out of warranty IMO. That really sucks on a 20K to 40K machine. I am sorry you don't get or see that.

I'll even take my statement one step further. If HD contacted me today and said we have a Brand New 2016 CVO Street Glide (in a color I like of course) for you since you aren't happy with your 2017.. I would say how far do I need to drive to make this trade happen? I'd drive to PA or WI tomorrow. That is how much I trust and how I feel about this 2017 CVO I own....

Old 08-20-2017, 04:38 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior

And I'm sorry you didn't get or see my point - there's nothing wrong with my bike.

You're making an assumption based on your experience and whatever else you're taking for input and coming to the conclusion that ALL 2017 M8s have these problems.

I don't think that's a valid conclusion yet.

For example, you brought up the point about multiple oil pump part numbers. I would like to see the list of how many there have been but I know they started out with at least four: the bikes shipped with different pumps for the oil cooled and the twin cooled 107s and then there were two more for the stage III modified bikes. Now, I've heard they modified the pumps for the twin cooled stage III but I haven't seen the new part number yet. That would make a total of five oil pump part numbers and nothing saying the one in my bike (an oil cooled [not twin cooled] SGS 107) has anything wrong with it.

But if there are more part numbers out there I would like to see the consolidated list.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:39 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior

I'll even take my statement one step further. If HD contacted me today and said we have a Brand New 2016 CVO Street Glide (in a color I like of course) for you since you aren't happy with your 2017.. I would say how far do I need to drive to make this trade happen? I'd drive to PA or WI tomorrow. That is how much I trust and how I feel about this 2017 CVO I own....
and after hearing your problems I wouldn't blame you one bit

Quick Reply: who's been having to add transmission fluid?