Sponsored by:

M8 SG slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017 | 09:26 PM
carr612
|
Novice
Default M8 SG slip ons?

i recently bought my first SG (2 days ago) i have only put about 100 miles on it so far but im already bored of the sound not really throaty enough for my liking, i have been looking at the V&H 450 destroyer slip ons, whats everyones input on best sounding slip ons not trying to go crazy with head pipes yet just trying to get some good harley sound out of it, thanks!

The following users liked this post:
diamondray (07-02-2017)
Old 04-17-2017 | 10:42 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by carr612
i recently bought my first SG (2 days ago) i have only put about 100 miles on it so far but im already bored of the sound not really throaty enough for my liking, i have been looking at the V&H 450 destroyer slip ons, whats everyones input on best sounding slip ons not trying to go crazy with head pipes yet just trying to get some good harley sound out of it, thanks!
first, congrats on your great new ride, and welcome! there's quite a few threads on this M8 Forum about slip-ons ranging all over the place, lots of great products to choose from..if you haven't spent much time here reading that's a good place to start, and there are sound clip videos, you name it..sorry for the cop out on specific muffs, just that it is so subjective..good luck, sure you'll find the right sound for yourself

Old 04-18-2017 | 09:50 AM
drcollie
Tourer

I think the best way is to go to the busiest Harley dealer you can find near you on a Sunday and listen to the bikes in the parking lot. Sound is so subjective, it's hard to recommend to anyone. A lot also depends on how far you are planning to ride and if you intend to wear earplugs, or if you a short-hopper and want sound more than anything else. Loud pipes will really grind on you during a trip.

Factory pipes have plugs in them, some guys drill them out. Vance and Hines have nicer welds and chrome than OEM, they put out a nice product. I have the V&H Twin Slash on my '17 RGS shown in the photo, slip-ons that you can find for $ 450 for the pair. To my ear, they lower the octave pitch about 25%, but can be borderline too loud after three hours in the seat. Others will say they are too quiet...

If you really want low& loud tone, you're going to have to pull the cats and that means new headers. Lots of choices out there....

To be

Old 04-18-2017 | 06:15 PM
carr612
|
Novice

yeah iv done a lot of looking around on here couldnt really find anything definitive, so i had to resort to the youtube and from what i can hear through the computer it sounds like the rineharts actually have the most noticeable tone difference more of an aggressive sound to them but i really wouldnt know until i slap them on

Old 04-18-2017 | 06:27 PM
dpayne
6th Gear

I did a lot of looking around and went with the Rinehart 4" with black end caps. Now only if i could get them, they are back ordered for another week!

Old 04-18-2017 | 07:41 PM
Johnny!
Advanced

I went with the rineharts after hearing them and many others in person, louder than the Street Cannons but not obnoxious.

Old 04-18-2017 | 08:30 PM
carr612
|
Novice

Originally Posted by dpayne
I did a lot of looking around and went with the Rinehart 4" with black end caps. Now only if i could get them, they are back ordered for another week!
i saw that pretty much every set is back ordered on their site and thats killin me i hate waiting haha but i suppose a few more weeks wont kill me weather still isnt all that great up here i just hate that my buddys sportster sounds better!

Old 04-18-2017 | 08:32 PM
carr612
|
Novice

[QUOTE=Johnny!;16151023]I went with the rineharts after hearing them and many others in person, louder than the Street Cannons but not obnoxious.

are those 4" or 4.5"?

Old 04-18-2017 | 08:35 PM
Johnny!
Advanced

4 inch

Old 04-18-2017 | 08:42 PM
carr612
|
Novice

yeah i think thats what im going to have to go with they sound awesome, fuel moto makes a nice set too the high rollers but they only come in chrome unfortunitly so rineharts it is!

Quick Reply: M8 SG slip ons?